It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Currency Advice

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Looking for ideas and advice on money. This is assuming that the economic crisis/collapse doesn't turn into a general crisis and complete collapse, and there is a recovery. And yes I know if it really blows up the money will make a great fire starter.

The question I have is what is the best currency to have, one that will retain value and stability when the recovery begins. I live in South East Asia and contract world wide, but my bank is in Asia, I have a local currency account, a US $ account, a Swiss Franc account, and a Singapore dollar account. The Swiss and Singapore accounts are because their currencies are the most stable as far as I can tell and make transferring money easier from the respective regions I also plan on getting a box for gold as well.

Thoughts, advice and recommendations are appreciated. Thanks

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by barkingdogamato

Sounds like you know what you are doing. I'd stay away from the USD unless you need it for your contracting to buy/pay for things in the US.

CHF looks good. I don't know much about SGD but from what I know it seems to be pretty reliable.

Cheers

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Invest in me and everything will be ok

currency cant save your life when its sanctuary and security you will need the most, not including a life support system in the event of a cataclysm.

how much is your life worth and what would you be willing to give up to save it?
that's really the question you should be asking yourself

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by LOLZebra

Your correct I stay away from the USD, that account is mainly for buying things, and the credit card payments, we never keep much more than the minimum in there.

Thanks

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by anumohi

If thats the case.... I have some Long-term care insurance to sell you

So the dollar goes to crap... im sure they will replace it with........... the amero.. *cringe*

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by anumohi

Already have a place in the hills, with limited approaches, water, power source, fully stocked and maintained, including fire power.

Thanks

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by LOLZebra
reply to post by anumohi

If thats the case.... I have some Long-term care insurance to sell you

So the dollar goes to crap... im sure they will replace it with........... the amero.. *cringe*

supplies and equipment are far more valuable than money especially when they are life saving supplies

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by LOLZebra

Now the Amero thought will probably give me nightmares.

Gee Thanks

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by barkingdogamato
reply to post by anumohi

Already have a place in the hills, with limited approaches, water, power source, fully stocked and maintained, including fire power.

Thanks

but do you have a self sustaining life support system that can weather a flood, volcano or even a massive earthquake? chances are you don't as with the rest of the populations of the planet, but you could be one of the lucky few that will if you invest wisely

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by anumohi

reply to post by anumohi

Thanks

but do you have a self sustaining life support system that can weather a flood, volcano or even a massive earthquake? chances are you don't as with the rest of the populations of the planet, but you could be one of the lucky few that will if you invest wisely

Geez. I rather be on the beach awaiting the tsunami to hit me than deal with all that crap

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by LOLZebra

Originally posted by anumohi

reply to post by anumohi

Thanks

Geez. I rather be on the beach awaiting the tsunami to hit me than deal with all that crap

then party on

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by anumohi

Has stood typhoons, I built it to stand a level 7 quake, solar and wind, deep well, food for 1+ year, garden, should make it unless Slayers Doom and Gloom situations hit, then we're heading for the beach with LOLZebra.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   

reply to post by anumohi

Has stood typhoons, I built it to stand a level 7 quake, solar and wind, deep well, food for 1+ year, garden, should make it unless Slayers Doom and Gloom situations hit, then we're heading for the beach with LOLZebra.

That's cool and a great start, but I'm sure you haven't the ability to make oxygen, scrub carbon dioxide,withstand temperatures comfortably over 5000 degrees, float above earthquakes and floods plus a multitude of other scenarios you couldn't successfully overcome, if you didn't have the proper device.

you'll work it out if you think a little deeper

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Anyone else got any suggestions for currency in a disaster?

Thanks

top topics

join