It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is not a painting, its an actual photograph.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Serizawa

One can picture themselves standing by the tree all they want, it still does not seem to add up. I'm drawn to the unnatural appearance of the OP photo. Specifically the contrast of the ground & dune, which is rather stark. Dune aside, I'm also drawn to the blue in the trees' bark the further up from the ground your eyes go. Notice that and ponder it, that seems not a shade of natural photographing.

I would also like to add that the blue hue in the bark appears to start where the ground & dune meet.
edit on 5/17/2011 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Nyiah

It could be an HDR photo? I have no idea whats up with the color but the layout seems normal to me.

edit: The trees are probably covered 3/4 way in sand. The blueness is sand.
edit on 17-5-2011 by Serizawa because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
The sand really is white and the dunes are orange in the area, I was wrong. None the less the picture has not been altered. Naukluft Park in Namibia where the picture was taken:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/45bbd4bca81c.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Namibia Desert

A quick google search will show you that this is the correct perspective on this photo and not a compilation, etc. Second picture in shows it. Dry creek or lake bed, dead trees growing out of it, huge orange sand dune rising in the back ground.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join