It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bin Laden Raid details leaked

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by hp1229
reply to post by Elieser

Not 1 but it indicates 2 helicopters. "Aboard two Black Hawk helicopters were 23 SEALs"

But yes...while coming back..how did they fit them all? Interesting..unless the Paki's loaned one ??

edit on 17-5-2011 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

wiki.answers.com...

Says each can hold 11 fully equipped infantry man. So that is 22, other guy maybe sat on someones lap lol. When I was in basic at Ft. Benning, when we went to ranges for training, they stuffed us in cattle cars, literally. It was funny but also was wtf at the same time. One thing a drill sgt was right about.. With a cattle truck or our duffle bags, was "ohh yes, it will fit" We had guys crowd surfing in the cattle trailers just to fit everyone in, in full battle rattle.

Deebo

I am not giving any credibility to the story at all, just saying, in the military if they want it to fit, they will.
edit on 17-5-2011 by Deebo because: fix

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I am constantly amazed by the lack of thought on ATS.
There were FOUR helos on the mission. TWO were empty and flew cover for the other two that held the strike team. The team landed in the compound and assaulted it. They secured their target and intel material. When they attempted to leave one of the helos on the ground had a mechanical malfunction and could not lift off.
So one of the EMPTY cover birds landed to pick up the guys on the ground. See thats called PLANNING having an extra helo on the mission whos only job is to provide back-up in case you have a transport get shot or breakdown. "Two is one, and one is none" thats an old axiom that planners heed.
So yes while there were only two helos that transported the teams on the mission there were two others flying back-up.
There was no "firefight" that lasted 40 minutes. I recall seeing that 40 minute figure and it was not in the context of how long they were fighting. The statement was "they were ON THE GROUND for 40 minutes" and "there was a firefight" the "40 minute firefight" is a conflation of two statements.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
There are helmet cams on most likely all of the soldiers involved.
Until I see at least 1 camera of the actual raid, all of the talk is lies.
There is proof out there but it is being OVERTLY and intentionally suppressed.
WHY??

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Or how about the report that the Seals forgot to bring a tape measure so that they could see how tall the freshly killed target was? Supposedly a Seal had to lay down next to the dead body to get an idea of how tall the corpse was.
Do any of you actually believe that ever happened?

Later is was stated that they had facial recognition, and that he was identified by name before he was killed.

Then it was reported by the wife and daughter that he was apprehended and then executed in front of them.
So what would be the purpose of a Seal laying down next to Osama's newly air conditioned head, to gauge his height.
This stretches the imagination.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I wonder if any of them screamed this out when the relief chopper came in.

In any case. The seal team got in and out with tons of loot.
The fact that they were able to get in unnoticed speaks volumes.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
I wonder if any of them screamed this out when the relief chopper came in.

In any case. The seal team got in and out with tons of loot.
The fact that they were able to get in unnoticed speaks volumes.

LOL!

2nd

3rd

4th

Deebo

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dragoon01
There was no "firefight" that lasted 40 minutes. I recall seeing that 40 minute figure and it was not in the context of how long they were fighting. The statement was "they were ON THE GROUND for 40 minutes" and "there was a firefight" the "40 minute firefight" is a conflation of two statements.

National Security Advisor John Brennan said that there was a 40 minute firefight.

www.c-span.org...

www.kjonline.com...

I guess shooting a bunch of unarmed people is a firefight...depending on your perspective.
There are just too many holes in this for me to believe anything. I am taking the same attitude I do when a used car salesman is telling me the car was driven by a little old lady who only drove it to church.

edit on 5/17/2011 by Sparky63 because: cut some of the quote.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by SlasherOfVeils

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by SlasherOfVeils

23 minutes to blow up a chopper??

According to the article they had to remove women and children from the area before they could safely blow it up.

You mean in "Secret" because nobody knew they were there....

Later on in the fairytale they make it clear they were the women and children from inside the compound,

this quote amuses me

The raiders came face-to-face with bin Laden in a hallway outside his bedroom, and three of the Americans stormed in after him, U.S. officials briefed on the operation told The Associated Press. The officials spoke on condition of anonymity to describe a classified operation.

Now they found him outside in the hallway?

didn't we hear reports they had to blow up a brick wall? didn't we hear reports he used a females a shield? didn't we see images of a bloody bed?

So they met him "Face To Face" in the hallway, then he ran back into his bedroom and the team followed?

They had to blow their way through barriers at each stair landing, firing back, as one of the men in the house fired at them.

And this caused no alarm? were they silent blast?

Ahh here we go

As three of the SEALs reached the top of the steps on the third floor, they saw bin Laden standing at the end of the hall. The Americans recognized him instantly, the officials said.

Bin Laden also saw them, dimly outlined in the dark house, and ducked into his room.

They recognized him instantly dimly outlined.. Check

Two women were in front of bin Laden, yelling and trying to protect him, two officials said. The first SEAL grabbed the two women and shoved them away, fearing they might be wearing suicide bomb vests, they said.

The SEAL behind him opened fire at bin Laden, putting one bullet in his chest, and one in his head.

Now there were Two Women?

and what was the point of shooting? he was obviously unarmed, they had two seals right next to him... he reportedly didn't try for a weapon..

This whole account is complete rubbish, this making 'Seal Team 6' out to be Hero's is absurd and i'm bloody tired of hearing about it

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drunkenparrot
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

The article specifically references two helicopters in the strike team.

Aboard two Black Hawk helicopters were 23 SEALs, an interpreter and a tracking dog named Cairo.

As for the rest, comedy routine?

These guys breach the sovereign territory of a country with a military capable enough to have nuclear weapons in its arsenal,

Kill none other than Usama Bin Laden himself,

Sack the compound for the gain of the best Al Qaeda intelligence the west has gotten in 15 years,

Clean up the mess (unlike the Iranian Eagle Claw debacle in '80)

Get out without losing a single man and some of you call it amateurish?

This raid will be studied as an example of successful special forces operations by war colleges a hundred years from now.

Yes, I saw that, but what's fishy to me is how they all got out with one of the Blackhawks gone?

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime

Originally posted by Drunkenparrot
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

The article specifically references two helicopters in the strike team.

Aboard two Black Hawk helicopters were 23 SEALs, an interpreter and a tracking dog named Cairo.

As for the rest, comedy routine?

These guys breach the sovereign territory of a country with a military capable enough to have nuclear weapons in its arsenal,

Kill none other than Usama Bin Laden himself,

Sack the compound for the gain of the best Al Qaeda intelligence the west has gotten in 15 years,

Clean up the mess (unlike the Iranian Eagle Claw debacle in '80)

Get out without losing a single man and some of you call it amateurish?

This raid will be studied as an example of successful special forces operations by war colleges a hundred years from now.

Yes, I saw that, but what's fishy to me is how they all got out with one of the Blackhawks gone?

3 chinooks, 2 blackhawks-- that is five choppers total (chinooks were the backup with 19 additional seals)

They are heavy transport choppers, and a single chinook can carry 46,000 lbs so I am pretty sure they had quite ample space to carry anything they wanted out of there

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
For what it's worth ATS can be a source of good info as well:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by SlasherOfVeils

I am hopping mad about that. My son is in special forces and his is the only job in all 4 branches. Couldn't believe Obama went and said thank you to the troops like the terrorists are not watching. We have sleeper cells still here from 9-11 and he knows better! They will go after their families, what they treasure most.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deebo

Originally posted by hp1229
reply to post by Elieser

Not 1 but it indicates 2 helicopters. "Aboard two Black Hawk helicopters were 23 SEALs"

But yes...while coming back..how did they fit them all? Interesting..unless the Paki's loaned one ??

edit on 17-5-2011 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

wiki.answers.com...

Says each can hold 11 fully equipped infantry man. So that is 22, other guy maybe sat on someones lap lol. When I was in basic at Ft. Benning, when we went to ranges for training, they stuffed us in cattle cars, literally. It was funny but also was wtf at the same time. One thing a drill sgt was right about.. With a cattle truck or our duffle bags, was "ohh yes, it will fit" We had guys crowd surfing in the cattle trailers just to fit everyone in, in full battle rattle.

Deebo

I am not giving any credibility to the story at all, just saying, in the military if they want it to fit, they will.

True. It all depends on how big or small the troops are too

BTW..with the new 'Dont Ask Dont Tell'. You gotta wonder if 'lap riding' or 'lap flying' is still a common practice?

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
There are helmet cams on most likely all of the soldiers involved.
Until I see at least 1 camera of the actual raid, all of the talk is lies.
There is proof out there but it is being OVERTLY and intentionally suppressed.
WHY??

the day they release the helmet cam footage would be the day this whole site would label it as the work of hollywood.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1  2   >>

join