It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bin Laden Raid details leaked

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I feel sorry for the Seals if this whole thing is a big hoax (which I do think something stinks). Might be hard for 23 of them to keep a secret, hope they don't get wacked off.

Deebo

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Elieser

it was some stealth helicopter with a weird tail there is a thread on here some'where about it.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I hope they release a statement, individually or as a team, in written/typed word.. So we can get their account of things... beacuse I, for one it seems, DO believe a Navy Seals team killed OBL.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Konstantinos
I thought there was a 40 minute firefight? LOL

No.....It took 40 minutes to make the story up !

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
40 min op, including a chopper demo, rounding up 100 devices, papers etc. does not sound off. and i am sure, like others have said, they burned alot of time taking out the chopper and make sure classified gear is demo'd or removed.

equipment failure is not unheard of. its how you plan and handle it, is what sets you apart.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Remember in second grade, that kid that would make up crazy stuff like claiming tina turner visited them over the weekend. Everytime a bit of their story got debunked, they would make up more lies to pile it on, until they just confused themself and admitted they lied?

That is exactly what this whole story reminds me of....

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
these seals are amazing at what they do,so much work & attention to detail.i don't think we'll ever REALLY went on.
Imagine if your 1 of those seals & you've just captured the most wanted man in the world & nobody believes you,you'd be heart broken but sadly thats what they have to put up with.

something fishy went on but i think somewhere in that bunker osama or someone who looked like him was taken.

we'll be hearing leaks for years to come,it's wheather those leaks are true or made to put people off the scent of what really went on.

link   
reply to post by Elieser

Not 1 but it indicates 2 helicopters. "Aboard two Black Hawk helicopters were 23 SEALs"

But yes...while coming back..how did they fit them all? Interesting..unless the Paki's loaned one ??

edit on 17-5-2011 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Violater1

I think most working dogs are either German Shepard or Belgian Malinois .

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

The article specifically references two helicopters in the strike team.

Aboard two Black Hawk helicopters were 23 SEALs, an interpreter and a tracking dog named Cairo.

As for the rest, comedy routine?

These guys breach the sovereign territory of a country with a military capable enough to have nuclear weapons in its arsenal,

Kill none other than Usama Bin Laden himself,

Sack the compound for the gain of the best Al Qaeda intelligence the west has gotten in 15 years,

Clean up the mess (unlike the Iranian Eagle Claw debacle in '80)

Get out without losing a single man and some of you call it amateurish?

This raid will be studied as an example of successful special forces operations by war colleges a hundred years from now.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elsek
I hope to god that the men who killed Osama, names do NOT get released. It would be a terrible situation.

I agree. Shooting an unarmed man in his underwear is not something I would necessarily be proud of.
When the news first came out about the 40 min firefight and that Osama was shooting while using his wife as a human hostage I had nothing but praise for the Seals. However as the details changed and were revealed, I was forced to change by opinion of the whole matter.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Drunkenparrot

Pakistani Military is a joke.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Not only am I irritated that various media and government organizations are constantly fabricating multiple versions of this hoax, but I am also very disappointed that a large portion of the population is even believing any of the details from this story. All these lies are doing is distracting the public from the fact that there is absolutely no proof that OBL was killed in that raid. Beck would be the last guy I would ever listen to or believe when it comes to "real" news, if there is such a thing

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sparky63
I agree. Shooting an unarmed man in his underwear is not something I would necessarily be proud of.

I don't know you, but if you killed OBL... You'd be proud.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

It was supposedly a modified Blackhawk. When configured for it, they can fit about 12 - 15 people, maybe a couple more, but that is probably with the seats taken out. I find this part of the story pretty fishy.

Hmmm, yeah......and which helicopter supposedly hoisted the bin Laden body away? Did a second chopper land so the bin Laden carcass could be loaded on, or was it airlifted from the ground with cable....LOL

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

I might, depending on the circumstances. I don't think this particular set of circumstances would qualify.
But then again....I am not a Seal, and don't like following orders.

Hopefully the truth about this whole matter will be revealed one day...then I might change my mind.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by rhynouk

Imagine if your 1 of those seals & you've just captured the most wanted man in the world & nobody believes you,you'd be heart broken but sadly thats what they have to put up with.

Yes....imagine.....

And if there are any of these Navy SEALS that are heartbroken because no one believes this story, they will have no one but their own U.S. government to thank for that--not the citizens--their own U.S. government.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

One of the CH-47's took the place of the modified Blackhawk that crashed in the courtyard.

One of the waiting Chinooks flew in to pick up bin Laden’s body, the raiders from the broken aircraft and the weapons, documents and other materials seized at the site.

What's the point if you don't bother to read the details?

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightGypsy
Hmmm, yeah......and which helicopter supposedly hoisted the bin Laden body away? Did a second chopper land so the bin Laden carcass could be loaded on, or was it airlifted from the ground with cable....LOL

Not only Bin Laden, but also one his sons if you believe some of the reports. I seriously doubt that the Gov't is giving us factual information about the true number of seals and helicopters used for this mission. That seems to me that it would be propitiatory information that you wouldn't want your enemies to know and possibly plan for....I truly think that arguing or debating the details of this mission is an exercise in futility. It is like arguing about Atlantis. .....None of can even agree on the facts, although most do agree that the government is not telling us the truth.

edit on 5/17/2011 by Sparky63 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

one of the chinooks came to the compound for the withdrawl, which was clearly stated in the article.

Chinooks are extremely large and can fit a lot more then a blackhawk. They however, are the furthest thing from stealthy as possible.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join