It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Off-topic - I need your help

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Hello fellow ATS'ers...

I am in the early stages of writing a novel. This novel is (roughly) about a 30-something male who is abducted by aliens, spends 20 years with them, then time is 'rewound' back to the day he was abducted and he is returned home. Admittedly, I am writing this with a sexual undertone, but there will be some ATS inspired 'doomsday' scenarios that the aliens force the man to 'live' in order to help foresee the future.

My question to you is this: I am planning on the aliens being non-gender. Yet, through experiments with the man, a child will be conceived. (I'm thinking they will have the ability to 'choose' gender based on need.) What I am asking for is a simple 2-3 line paragraph from you, describing what the alien would look like. I don't want a Roswell description

Thanks!

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
it's probably best if you come up with something like this by yourself. when the book is finally finished you will feel better about it that it came entirely from your mind....

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Hmm, i think you may have something interesting there, but im a bit skeptical about some aspects. Why would it have a sexual undertone? Is it gonna be like the guy from Avatar being attracted to the alien? That creeped me out haha...I do find the main idea a good one, 20 years with the Aliens...but i feel like it should be about learning from them, maybe a bit phylosophical...sorry if im going off topic
can you tell me aa bit more?

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
So, I guessing you're looking to far remove your aliens from the large headed, giant black almond eyed, beings of normal alien tales.

There was recently a paper done on a lost civilization from Britain that preceeded the known neolithic groups of that era, and it was discovered that these people travelled the world, were of the first world traders, and were also the first people to begin mapping the stars. It is thought that it was these people that may have constructed Stone Henge and the African Calendar. I haven't heard anything else about these people, and I can't find the source of that info, but it was also mentioned that these people may have been the origins of the Angel stories.
They were tall, averaging at around 6ft, with white hair and black eyes. They also wore cloaks made of festhers. This report mentioned the idea that these people may have been ancient aliens, or were at least perceived as such, and may have been the remnants of the people of Atlantis, who lived to spread their knowledge to the lost peoples of the Earth. Perhaps you could pull from some obscure source like this as a basis for appearance for your beings, or you could blend some vision of your own with the common idea of Aliens. You know the whole "look" of traditional aliens is believed to be a form of space suit. There's no idea what lies beneath this suit. They could very well look like you or me, or they could be reptilian looking. Maybe they're shape shifting, taking different forms. This way they could be asexual and still be able to garner a "sexual" undertone with your protagonist. Just a few thoughts from a fellow writer. Whatever idea you chose, make sure you make it your own.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
By asking for ideas, I am not asking to copy, steal, or mimic anyone. However, to write, one makes observations and then turns them into something new and relevant. That is my goal with this post.

I really don't want to divulge much more information on the topic of this book, as it is still being brainstormed and in the early stages of development.

The sexual undertone is more of a sub-topic - but I don't mean romance. I'm trying to achieve a darker angle here with forced experiments, mind games, etc. Not 'boy meets girl'. (Or, as a gay man.... boy meets boy... LOL.)

I hope this helps... And thanks!

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Maybe you shouldn't describe the aliens in your story. Leave them open to interpretation via subtle hints through action and dialogue. Let the reader paint their own picture.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I like the way you think. I am going to want to describe them a bit - more for the sexual undertone than anything else. However, leaving some room for interpretation is definitely a curious idea... Thanks!

The point of my book is the mans experience - not the aliens. There isn't a murderer to catch, a mystery to solve, a catastrophe to divert - it's just a story.... ATS is a great place!

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by journey2010
What I am asking for is a simple 2-3 line paragraph from you, describing what the alien would look like.

"The aliens had no gender. They all looked like Justin Bieber."

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
The purple, triple horned, six armed alien stood before me, resplendent in his ceremonial gold waist coat and crocodile skin leg caps, his 4th leg thrummed with a wobbling hypnotic rhythm as his ninth middle eye surveyed the bank of view screens to his right. A rivulet of green alien sweat appeared on his brow before running down his left nose.
I knew I was powerless to resist his charms

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
green is a good color

top topics

join