It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton on Syria: 'additional steps in days ahead'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Clinton on Syria: 'additional steps in days ahead'

news.yahoo.com

The United States and the European Union said the international community will within days take further steps against Syria over its deadly crackdown on pro-democracy protests.

"We will be taking additional steps in the days ahead," US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton told reporters

"Now it's a situation where we need to consider all of the options and I think there will be a number of moves in the coming hours" and few days that the world will see, Ashton told reporters.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.jpost.com

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I hope this won't result in another invasion, does the U.S. even have more troops or money to spare?

The debt ceiling was reached yesterday and to add another war to the list is pure insanity, plain and simple!

Let the UN take care of this if need be otherwise let the Syrians take care of their own problems.

Mass Graves

Syria denies Deraa 'mass grave'
www.bbc.co.uk...

news.yahoo.com

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Why an invasion? Libya hasnt even been invaded. Im thinking more like arms emabargo, tighter more targeted sanctions etc.

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

I hope this won't result in another invasion, does the U.S. even have more troops or money to spare?

The debt ceiling was reached yesterday and to add another war to the list is pure insanity, plain and simple!

Let the UN take care of this if need be otherwise let the Syrians take care of their own problems.

Mass Graves

Syria denies Deraa 'mass grave'
www.bbc.co.uk...

news.yahoo.com

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

We invaded them with hundreds of Tomahawk Missiles, and we're funding the terrorist rebels.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Why an invasion? Libya hasnt even been invaded. Im thinking more like arms emabargo, tighter more targeted sanctions etc.

Wow ..what a joke statement... i wonder how YOU will call it and react when someone will drop bombs in your neighbourhood ....

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Let the be peace, peace and peace, we dont need another war...

kx

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
We should all keep our fingers crossed that the West does not launch an attack on Syria. Not that Syria's military is state-of-the-art, but they have a huge number of artillery pieces and have been modernizing their capabilities in recent years.

However, what I'm most fearful of, is that Iran, Israel and Hezbollah will get involved. If that happens, we are in deep sh*t, because at that point it is unclear what Egypt will do and there is a very distinct possibility that this conflict will develop from a regional conflict into a global conflict.

I have often asked myself what would happen to our financial crisis and the debts if world war III would break out. Some say that WWII ended the financial depression of the 1930s, others say it didn't. I'm curious if a third world war would be an option to 'delete' debts quickly. We all know that in times of war, unorthodox measures can be taken.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

An air attack.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

From the source:

Ashton: "This is extremely urgent, we need to consider all the options";

Yep, I know exactly what that sounds like.

Not to mention this from a couple months ago:

Liberman suggests no fly zone in Syria if violence continues
That was written in March, and the violence has certainly increased.

ATS Thread

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

Who said anything about Libya? Afghanistan and Iraq have been invaded, or have you forgotten?

By the way, there are already an arms embargo and targeted sanctions in place.

What is the point of an arms embargo when the millitary already has enough arms to use for years?

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   

"I think we're all very aware that the situation is so grave that it's now in a situation where we need to consider all of the options. And I think there will be a number of moves in the coming hours and days that you will see."

I'm sensing a Deja Vu...
edit on 17-5-2011 by Jepic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I really dont give a crap anymore.... the world has already gone to shi1t... the only way now is for an Apocalypse and then a new beginning without all the ******

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Is the World On Repeat?

A part of me would like to believe that this is all talk and no action..

though the more logical side of me believes action will take place

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Itop1

Brother! We haven't even began our revolution yet. The game is just starting. Our own history that we thrive for, we will begin to seek.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Blah, blah, blah. There wont be any military intervention so everybody keep your panties from wadding.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Blah, blah, blah. There wont be any military intervention so everybody keep your panties from wadding.

That's what they said about Libya... before we went in to libya people were saying "theres 0% chance we will go in to libya, just look at our economy"..... "the public want us out of iraq so theres no chance we would go in to libya"..... Blah, blah, blah. ....

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

That's just insane thinking as if the U.S. has a track record of exactly NOT doing this.

One time a sucker two times a lollipop!

It keeps happening over and over again and people keep thinking it's not going to happen again.
Unbelievable!!

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Itop1

That's what they said about Libya... before we went in to libya people were saying "theres 0% chance we will go in to libya, just look at our economy"..... "the public want us out of iraq so theres no chance we would go in to libya"..... Blah, blah, blah. ....

Right on, I did not think the U.S. would go into Libya because we are broke, and then they did and I realized the Military Industrial Complex doesnt function on a budget. (at least like the rest of humanity does). So if the really want to go into Syria, they will with no financial restraints

I read in an article on May 12th that the U.S. has spent about $750 Million in Libya so far......when 20% of our citizens can't even afford to pay their mortgages and tuitions.

This is crazy.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Do not expand Afghan war, Iran warns US
If he (Obama) makes a wrong decision, he will suffer an even worse fate than that of Bush,” Ahmadinejad added.

www.islamidavet.com...

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Russia warns West against intervention in Syria

www.azadnegar.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join