It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A supposed "missile" being dissintegrated by supposed "UFOs"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   

My friend just sent me this video. It certainly looks awesome but obviously thats not a very scientific approach

There are no sources, no reference points to compare how big this "spectacle" is. I don't know who found it these are supposed russian or kazakhstani missiles.

Someone out there might be more in touch of these kind of videos and might instantly know if its fake or not.

I'm extremly skeptical of this hence why I posted it on here to see wether anyone has more info.

PS: If anyone could translate the subtitles that would be amazing!
edit on May 17th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: fixed embed

edit on 17-5-2011 by Swizzy because: (no reason given)

edit on May 17th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: again, embed fixed.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
The link's not working!

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I have fixed the embed again. Only copy/paste the text after the =
edit on May 17th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Haha thanks for that

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Swizzy

Only paste the youtube code in the bar, so the code thats after the =.

OnlyLove.

edit on 17/5/2011 by OnlyLove because: nm too late ^^

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Pretty cool looking vid, I have no idea what it is but I guess that somebody will be around shortly to explain it to us. The lights flashing looked like they were in a triangle.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
The video in the OP is originally from October 15, 2009 .
It is of the Progress cargo resupply vehicle launched from Kazakhstan to the International Space Station on Wednesday Oct. 14.

Here is the original video

edit on 17-5-2011 by gortex because: Speeeeeling edit

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Interesting! I knew this video was probably taken out of context somehow!

Do you have any idea why it looks the way it does near the end? I've never seen anything like it!

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Swizzy

post by Swizzy
Do you have any idea why it looks the way it does near the end? I've never seen anything like it!

I think the flashing lights toward the end are the booster rockets disintegrating .

I am surprised this hasn't been re-edited and posted as a UFO .
From 1.06 you can see the same effect as the reentering Space Shuttle External Tank explodes .

edit on 17-5-2011 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

I'm refering to the last 40ish seconds of the video where the "smoke" just seems to expand massively. Never seen anything like that!

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Debunked then! Good work, I did have a hunch that it wouldn't be a world changing video

Gona send this thread to my friend, he was rather skeptic too

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swizzy
reply to post by gortex

Interesting! I knew this video was probably taken out of context somehow!

This looks like nearly all orbital rocket launches.

Though it is not apparent from the video, the rocket is traveling upwards through different layers of the atmosphere as it emits its exhaust. In different layers there are different physical properties resulting in distinct optical effects. You saw a transition towards the end (also remember that it goes faster and faster so it goes through new layers faster and faster) when the exhaust "bulged out" and looked more wispy.

To me the physics may be similar to "notctilucent clouds", except that the exhaust would be very hot and might have some glow on its own.

This is normal. At the very end, the engine stopped, and so you didn't see anything any more, but the satellite was continuing on. In a multi-stage rocket, you might see a pause (black area) after this wispy part, and then a new bright dot appear, possibly with some exhaust and possibly not, just a new bright dot. This is the next stage igniting (In the Progress video you can see the stage transition so the weird video is that of the second stage).

In sum, it was a 100% nominal rocket launch from 100% homo sapiens.
edit on 17-5-2011 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-5-2011 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

top topics

join