It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Exploding" Watermelons In China

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

The Chinese are destroying them one at a time in controlled explosions, Here is a video of one of those explosions.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   
That’s just all the gas building up inside the watermelon from all the raw sewage they use as fertilizer.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
here is a link about the melons
Exploding melons

When the world is having a major food shortage,people starving ,you have morons like those nuking melons, quite sad.

MBF

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Ok people, I have grown watermelons commercially and I can tell you what is happening because I have had it happen to me before. What is happening is that when you grow watermelons and they stop growing before they mature, the rind will thicken. This is caused by a dry period, the melons slow down growing but the rind will thicken. If you get rain or irrigation after the rind thickens, the inside will start back to growing and bust the rind. This is especially worse if you have really warm weather at the same time. The article says that they had a large amount of rain. It is not some kind of conspiracy with growth enhancers or GM crops. It's just too much water after the rind thickens.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join