It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satellite Detects an Ancient 12,000-Year-Old Structure Under Antarctica Ice

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

Found this from BBC news (2007)

Russia plants flag under North pole..

President Vladimir Putin has already described the urgent need for Russia to secure its "strategic, economic, scientific and defence interests" in the Arctic.

Moscow argued before a UN commission in 2001 that waters off its northern coast were in fact an extension of its maritime territory.

The claim was based on the argument that an underwater feature, known as the Lomonosov Ridge, was an extension of its continental territory, but it was rejected and Russia told to resubmit with more evidence.

So who knows, maybe there is more to this than meets the eye ?

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   
O yes ! There is something there ! Patience my loyal subjects...

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by XRaDiiX

The Highjump task force came back with their data which then became classified "top secret". Secretary of the Navy James Forrestal retired and started to "talk". He was put in Bethesda Naval Hospital psychiatric ward where he was prevented from seeing or talking to anyone, including his wife! after a short while he was thrown out the window while trying to hang himself with a bedsheet. It was ruled a suicide, case closed. He was telling people about the underground aryan base. HIs brother always maintained he never comitted suicide.

p00hbear

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by iWokeUp

Thats the north pole. This is about the Antartic (South Pole)
Your thinking of the opposite side of the Earth.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by p00hbear

Do you have a link for this information i would like to learn more!

I'm extremely intrigued by this story i hope it turns out to be true also really weird how the film crew went missing from California.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by XRaDiiX

Some of these are sound , others need speculative reading, loads more if you look

en.wikipedia.org...

www.bbc.co.uk...

www.detailshere.com...

ascendingstarseed.wordpress.com...

p00hbear

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by XPLodER
i followed the source link all the way here

had some annoying popups

europen web site

not sure if they are reputable or not
any read this site?
or know if it is legit?

xp

Nope, the EU time is not a legit rag at all.
They are constantly posting false stories, if ever you see a story from there it will be fake and half of the time it's Sorcha faal.
Not saying there is nothing down there but I wouldn't take the eutimes word for anything.
edit on 17-5-2011 by pazcat because: (no reason given)

The story can be chased back to 2005 as a publicity stunt for 'Atlantis Rising', word for word.
Both the unexplainedmysteries and original lantistv links ar no longer operational. But you can still find the discussions back in 05.
edit on 17-5-2011 by pazcat because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
When we heard about countries dismantelling their nuclear silos do we really belive that???....I mean to reach the point of nuclear tcs. take a lot of money and efforts ,lets say after working all your life you have that dream home and after achieve it you just take down to pieces..................

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
The trouble with these viral hoaxes is that every few months someone else comes across them ........ this one is so old the original @tlantis.tv website no longer even exists. Can't even remember what it was for? A computer game or a book?

Anyway, this is from 2005:

www.dojopsi.info...

Still, at least that's more credible than a Sorcha Faal story in the European Union Times!
edit on 17-5-2011 by Essan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sounds_of_Silence
Let's all spew out twice our carbon emissions to speed up this process!

Ya! and while were at it, why not just nuke the spot, make it so much easier. Honestly this is a hidtoric find and should be treated as such, but as I noticed that your source sais this was found in 2001, it has been uncovered, and discovered, and now we are left with nothing to research ourselves.

Out of curiosity, wasn't there supposedly a underground sea in antartica, that held living prehistoric bacteria?

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

Gee , I Wonder what that THING could be ? ..........

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by locololo

Lake Vostok, Russian's are in the process of drilling into it, drilling resumes in the Antarctic summer - nov/dec

p00hbear

www.bbc.co.uk...

edit on 17-5-2011 by p00hbear because: edit

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by p00hbear

Lake Vostok, Russian's are in the process of drilling into it, drilling resumes in the Antarctic summer - nov/dec

p00hbear

thanks monsieur, I once saw a thing about this and wondered exactly how useful this would be, except to thosethat want to discover little things like evolution of bacteria, or adaptatins to survive in antartica. Personally this structure they are speaking of will be very interesting to research some more, that is if it is true, and not a hoax.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Imagine if there were some kind of weird creatures discovered in this underground lake... i can't wait until they send something down in there to explore.

Who knows might see some real weird looking life forms living in those conditions.
edit on 17-5-2011 by XRaDiiX because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I may be way out on a limb here, but:

Could the Chandra actually be magnifying Vela pulsar rays to speed up the melting process?

www.dailygalaxy.com...

OK, way out on a limb. But it's an imaginative thought.
edit on 17-5-2011 by Pr0t0 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

Sounds interesting until I read the first post offered in your link posted by a guy named wes

The European Times is one of the least trustworthy sites on the web. In addition to their extreme right wing political commentary, they routinely run hoaxes from such propagandist of the weird as "Sorcha Faal." In this case the source of the article was the website beforeitsnews.com: ______beforeitsnews/story/553/845/Deadly_time_vortex_appears_over_Antarctica.html The alleged author is "Terrance Aym." Here are some of his other "news articles":
Claim: Secret American Base Discovered on Moon
Doomsday: Earth's core spinning out of control
Photos prove Hell has arrived on Earth
Top scientist: Alien Godbeings living in black holes
Menacing UFO fleets circumnavigating globe
America's astonishing war against the cannibal giants
Frantic police chase snarling, rampaging dinosaur
Horrifying blood beast of Borneo attacks again
Astonishing footprints found of gigantic man-beasts
Scientist: We can create Apocalypse zombies

This article is a complete hoax, sorry.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

Not to mention Aym only rehashed an old publicity stunt from 05.

This should be moved to the HOAX section.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
I was thinking Atlantis outpost

bring Dr Weir to study the outpost so they can launch a team to locate the lost city of Atlantis

Bring Dr. Weir so I can study her..

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
A most enjoyable read and I hope additional information is added over time. What I find of interest is simply the amount of interest over the years. It is well documented that Nazi Germany did indeed attempt a secret base at the pole 'hoping I am referring to the correct one'.

To think that an army was sent in and shortly sent back again suffering heavy losses spells it out for me. It would seem from this we could assume that a number of selected Nazi Germans remained at the secret base long after the war. What exactly was the modus-operandi and instructions left to perform? that would be the real enigma regarding such a secret settlement.

We know that the Nazis had advance technology, saucer projects, weapons projects and what we could deem from such a space program. So what enticed the Nazis to the pole did they discover the remnants of a long lost civilization and fortified any remaining architecture? Or did they create a whole new world for themselves born out of the ashes of a possible prehistoric civilization.

It should be noted that the Russians also as mentioned have a vested interest in the area also and many anomalies originate from the Vostok area.

The hollow Earth theory keeps popping up in my mind not to the point of a completely hollow Earth but that it's many caverns, vaults and tunnels underground having been or still occupied over time.

If you were to make something disappear on Earth to be hidden for eternity what would you do with it? Bury it under the sand, under the ice, underground in general.

A point I'd like to make about the nuclear powered tunnel boring machines, heating up to 2000'... That's all well and good however I don't believe that was the purpose of the TBM's visit. Allow me to explain if you heated the ice at 2000' not only would you create a large amount of excess waste water that would need to be pumped back out of the hole/tunnel you would also create large amounts of gas. Controlling a super heated TBM trying to tunnel into ice I should imagine would be not only unnecessary but also it's decent would be very difficult if control. The TBM was not required for the ice to dangerous and unnecessary the risk of losing the equipment and loss of life because of flooding and other site specific environmentals.

The TBM was used after reaching the local bedrock under the 2miles of ice, which opens a whole can of possibilities. Could it be that this whole operation was to extract the as mentioned structure. Once the structure had been reached and secured to use the TBM creating a tunnel by which to extract the structure from a more secure location which can not be seen from above ground level. That secure location could well be an old Nazi German U-boat docking facility which was near the coast allowing an easy and unobserved loading onto a ship/submarine from removal.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
www.godlikeproductions.com...

Here is a link to a 2005 discussion about it and there are more links inside.
Why would Terrance Aym be stealing old material and passing it off as his own?

Oh right.... it's because he's a fraud.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join