It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stargate storyline.... maybe they were close

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Well I'm sure a lot of you have seen the show Stargate. But some of you might not know the history they created in the show.
The gou'ould came to Earth and brought humans via the Stargate. They posed as their gods and used them as slaves to mine a special mineral. Well after a while we revolted and got fed up with the whole slavery thing. That would explain all the stargates and mysterious portals throughout their religion and mythology. The Stargate is brought up in at least 3 civilizations that come straight to mind.

Lake Titicaca

The native indians of the region had a legend that spoke of "a gateway to the lands of the Gods", and in that legend, it was said that in times long past great heroes had gone to join their gods, and passed through the gate for a glorious new life of immortality, and on rare occasions those men returned for a short time with their gods to "inspect all the lands in the kingdom" through the gate.
source: www.labyrinthina.com...

Sumeria
They speak of a stargate without using the actual word. Couldn't find any sites that didn't talk about absolute craziness. But I know allot of you have heard about it.

Egypt
Same as above nothing but the show can be found unless I dig extremely deep and it's too late for that.

But stargates are brought up allot in ancient civilizations and they all supposedly had direct contact with their gods in masses and on a regular basis. The thing I am trying to say is that maybe we ARE from another planet and our stargate or stargates are still on our planet. Sumeria is modern day Iraq and we've been over ther for 10 years. Maybe our gov't planned 9/11 just as an excuse to go over there and look for the stargate among other things. I know a lot of people have said this before me but I'd like to bring it up again because more recent news could have been uncovered and I just LOVE the subject.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   
I just got into watching that about 6 months ago and its a great show...cant believe some of the stuff they were talking abuot in the 90's...that show was ahead of its time...im on season 8 now so still got a few more seasons to go... But yeah I think its maybe close...then again ive been watching terrance mckenna videos all night and makes me realize who knows what is actually going on...but im going to enjoy the ride

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by BDIDDY425

If that show got you hook, then you gotta check these out: Battlestar Galactica and Babylon 5......they present pretty good idea about how we come to be and where we head. (Especially Babylon 5)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Apparently the US took some items in museums across Irak.
but nothing like a 2 story tall sort of ring.

I\'ve watched many episodes and I have to say, its a bit far fetch.
The Ori, Merlin and the replicator?
Anyway the older seasons are quite good sci-fi.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by eagleeye2
Apparently the US took some items in museums across Irak.
but nothing like a 2 story tall sort of ring.

I\'ve watched many episodes and I have to say, its a bit far fetch.
The Ori, Merlin and the replicator?
Anyway the older seasons are quite good sci-fi.

Well I doubt it's the way the show portrayed the stargate to look at. but the basic idea i believe hit the nail on the head. Merlin was an ancient and I think it's Avalon where king arthur was supposed to be buried but maybe it is alien tech. like the ark of the covenent is probably alien tech as well.The Ori were our version of the Muslim and Islam extremists lol. Ascension is a real thing talked about in many beliefs. The talk of light being is widespread throughout all parts of ancient history so there's gotta be some fact in there

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by the_0bserver85

If that show got you hook, then you gotta check these out: Battlestar Galactica and Babylon 5......they present pretty good idea about how we come to be and where we head. (Especially Babylon 5)

I tried battlestar galactica but it was too boring for my taste. I just like the whole history stargate portrayed. Then a few years after the show was made you have the show ancient aliens. There's way too much evidence about aliens interacting with humans in the past to dismiss it

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Jeremiah

Maybe they were closer than close!

If your familiar with concepts of space travel and being able to 'teleport' from one location to another? For instance a worm hole to bend space and time so as to cut though space rather than traverse it. We see 'space ports/gates' regular on the TV and in a real sense of the word if re-locating a large space going vessel send it into the gate and down the worm whole. Those vast distances in space need cutting out on a journey so right from A-Z missing B-Y handy and possible one of the only ways it could be achieved.

If we except as a fact that to send a large planet orbiting vessel into the vast distance you would use a space port/gate then would it not be reasonable to conclude that if you were a planet residing local say human to hop from one world to the next avoiding the need to travel space you could use a local stargate?

I also feel the Stargate storyline maybe closer to reality then people could except. To consider say UFO's and alien life and except it without question could you also except the modes of transport? I believe many people would be concerned at the prospect of undeniable proof of alien life yet alone such life could just simply pop out of the gate at any moment to say Hi!

By the way Hi! lol look he is winking at you... Ask yourself my friend would you enter the gate? would you as the ancients possibly once did walk into another dimension without question or fear? If so and your heart is pure you may pass. As for me I enjoy these Earthly pleasures too much good beer/wine a fine smoke and good food surrounded by lovely ladies unless those ancient space traveling powers can convince me and provide such offerings as above I'd rather stay put mate.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
I suspect Egyptian antiquities has witheld mass amounts of information. They likely "scrubbed" all dig sites of alien informations.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Stargate the movie was kind of based on Chariot of the Gods. If you have the DVD, check out the special features, somewhere in there they say how Chariot of the Gods was either a base or inspiration for the movie. Pretty cool.

Erich von Daniken also had a lot to do with the Ancient Aliens series on History Channel if I remember correctly, Giorgio A. Tsoukalos was one of the main people that started the show, and he works with/for Erich von Daniken. Seems von Daniken can claim responsibility for a lot of the current Ancient Alien pop culture stuff.

Also, in the movie the storyline has the Alien (Gould were not yet named or thought of, the alien in the movie is different) coming down to earth, and enslaving the human population that was already here, not bringing them here from another planet.

I'm PRETTY sure that the the series keeps this same storyline. I think humans were taken to other planets FROM Earth, but humans evolved by themselves on Earth. A few times in SG1 when they have found other humans they told them how earth was the origin of their species.

There are some differences between the show and movie, though. The alien in the movie is depicted completely different than your normal snake looking gould. Never really explained, but my idea that explains this, even though I'm sure that's NOT what the producers/writers were trying to do, is that when Ra came to earth he was an Unas, which looked similar to the alien depicted in the movie.

If you remember in the series Tealc had said a few times how the Unas were hosts for the gould before they found humans, so that would fit. But like I said, I don't think that was supposed to be what happened, I think we are just supposed to ignore the way the alien was depicted in the movie.

Anyway, very cool movie and series, I loved SG1, liked Atlantis but not as much as SG1. I could never get into SGU though, just didn't feel like Stargate at all to me. They did bring up some very interesting subjects. They were talking about Zero Point Energy before it was in the "mainstream" of energy conspiracy theories (well known theory within the scientific community at that time though, which is obviously where they got it from)

I loved how the series evolved too. At first it was thought that the gould made the Stargates, then they learn the ancients actually built them and the gould just used them after the Ancients left to the Pegasus galaxy.

The show really ties together a LOT of the various subjects we have here on ATS. Ancient aliens, Ancient humans leaving our planet then coming back later, various advanced technologies (FTL travel, Zero point energy, rail guns, etc) Ancient humans ascending to a higher plane of existence. Lots of very interesting subjects in that show, still one of my favorite all time TV series.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by the_0bserver85

Thanks..yeah ive got both of those in my netflix queue and will be checking them out next!

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by BritishBrotherOfBass

I like you lol. I would step through that gate without even thinking about it. Wormholes are the most sensible way to travel. It's an all around best way and one helluva shortcut. I just wish we could use the Earth stargates.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by James1982

The show brings up a lot of questions that's talked about in mainstream physics like what you said. There has to be some sort of plausible deniability and our government is he show. When you google anything about stargates mainly all that appears is things about the show. That's why I'm going to college for Ancient History. Mainly studying Sumeria and Egypt

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Here's some insight about both series that I recommend.
Battlestar Glactica - you have to very very patient at the begining because it's boring VERY BORING.
Babylon 5 - great show from the start til the end......introduce an intriguing concept of human evolution. (I'm watching for the fourth times as typing this msg)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
why did you mention Somalia stargate,i am not familar with start gate,i firstly heard about it from the rumor about the stargate around somalia.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Just a thought for your thread here. Assuming that there was Stargates in the ancient past then the question becomes "What happened?" Why did they stop working? Where did the gods go? Oddly enough I think I might have figured out the answer. At least as far as the Jewish and Christian religion is concerned. So here it is.

The Jews starting with Solomon triggered a series of Leviticus 26 curses. Solomon started the process by worshiping the gods of the multiple wives he had. In return that triggered a curse that split off 10 of the tribes into the northern kingdom of Israel and the other 2 into the southern kingdom of Judea.

Later the "sins" and transgressions of both Israel and Judah incurred other Leviticus 26 curses. Finally they triggered 2 top level Leviticus 26 curses. 390 years on Israel and 40 years on Judah. A top level Leviticus 26 curse is where the country subject to the curse is destroyed and the people taken away as slaves.

Eventually the 40 year curse ended and the Jews were empowered to go home and rebuild their temple in Jerusalem. Which then gets us up to the first century AD and Jesus Christ. What the Jews of the first century AD were expecting was a great military leader empowered by their "God" to restore the Israel that existed in the days of Solomon. That didn't happen. Instead according to history the nation was destroyed by the revolt that destroyed their temple in 70 AD and the Bar Kochba disaster of 135 AD. And there was no nation of Israel or Judah until 1948.

So what happened to them. Someone 2000 years ago killed Elijah the Prophet. According to the prophecy in Malachi there was supposed to be 2 messiahs in the first century AD. And Jesus Christ claimed Elijah the Prophet was supposed to have been John the Baptist. And according to the prophecy in the book of Hosea that act triggered a 2000 year top level Leviticus 26 curse. The curse of Malachi as quoted in Malachi 4 and shown here.

5 Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD:
6 And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse.

This would explain why the Stargates have been silent for the past 2000 years approximately. If they exist. But the problem now is what? The curse is about over. Those stargates may start working anytime now.

Uh oh.

That great and dreadful day of the Lord been put off for 2000 years. We may be in a lot of trouble here.
edit on 13-6-2011 by ntech because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join