It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is really only ONE religion on Earth ...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Wow, from personal experience, I know you're wrong.

There really is a Jesus fellow, and He really is saving you from the horrible fire that never ends.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Americanist

Tertullian described these rites as a diabolical counterfeit of the baptism and chrismation of Christians.

Diabolical counterfeits?

Couldn't agree more earnestly, thanks for sharing.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

People and reading absorption...

Hopfe holds that the Christian sources for this rival religion are extremely negative because they regarded it as a diabolical imitation of their own religion.

The only rival to opinion is the anus, and the latest statistic is they're closer to equal in count.

edit on 19-6-2011 by Americanist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Hopfe holds that the Christian sources for this rival religion are extremely negative because they regarded it as a diabolical imitation of their own religion.

Of course Mr. Hopfe, it could never, ever, ever, ever be because they are fabrications.

Never.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Of course Mr. Hopfe, it could never, ever, ever, ever be because they are fabrications.

Never.

Agreed, and you're no stranger to fabrication. As it stands you're a Constantian fed fantasy for two millennia.

A frail man sits in chains inside a dank, cold prison cell. He has escaped death before but now realizes that his execution is drawing near.

“I am already being poured out like a drink offering, and the time of my departure has come,” the man –the Apostle Paul - says in the Bible's 2 Timothy. “I have fought the good fight. I have finished the race. I have kept the faith.”

The passage is one of the most dramatic scenes in the New Testament. Paul, the most prolific New Testament author, is saying goodbye from a Roman prison cell before being beheaded. His goodbye veers from loneliness to defiance and, finally, to joy.

There’s one just one problem - Paul didn’t write those words. In fact, virtually half the New Testament was written by impostors taking on the names of apostles like Paul.

religion.blogs.cnn.com...

Original post

The New Testament books attributed to Jesus’ disciples could not have been written by them because they were illiterate.

And it's not just disciples of one religion. The same goes for Mr. Muhammad himself. I don't think God requires you to have a degree, but if you're going to accumulate 10 + wives, while they're doing all the house cleaning you might learn to read and write.

It's all about equal rights and non-contradiction in the old days:

The scholar also points to a famous passage in 1 Corinthians in which Paul is recorded as saying that women should be “silent” in churches and that “if they wish to learn anything, let them ask their own husbands at home.”

Only three chapters earlier, in the same book, Paul is urging women who pray and prophesy in church to cover their heads with veils, Ehrman says: “If they were allowed to speak in chapter 11, how could they be told not to speak in chapter 14?”

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

The New Testament books attributed to Jesus’ disciples could not have been written by them because they were illiterate.

Newsflash: WE KNOW THIS!!!! What an ignorant thing for someone to write. Many of the apostles used the services of an "amanuensis". The scripture refers to them as a "ready writer". Sylvanus was Peter's amanuensis. 2 Peter was written by Peter himself, and Revelation was written by John himself. But 1,2,& 3rd John as well as the gospel of John were dictated to an amanuensis, and 1 Peter was written by Sylvanus, and Peter's gospel was dictated to and written by John Mark. (Gospel of Mark)

Are you honestly trying to tell me that if I dictated a letter to my secretary and after she typed it for me and presented it to me for proofreading and personal signature that it would not be my letter with my own words and signature even though another person typed the body of the letter for me???

ABSURD.

edit on 19-6-2011 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Newsflash: WE KNOW THIS!!!! What an ignorant thing for someone to write. Many of the apostles used the services of an "amanuensis". The scripture refers to them as a "ready writer". Sylvanus was Peter's amanuensis. 2 Peter was written by Peter himself, and Revelation was written by John himself. But 1,2,& 3rd John as well as the gospel of John were dictated to an amanuensis, and 1 Peter was written by Sylvanus, and Peter's gospel was dictated to and written by John Mark. (Gospel of Mark)

Are you honestly trying to tell me that if I dictated a letter to my secretary and after she typed it for me and presented it to me for proofreading and personal signature that it would not be my letter with my own words and signature even though another person typed the body of the letter for me???

ABSURD.

edit on 19-6-2011 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

This is stated inside the linked article, so if you're trying to make a point, I suggest you read on. Absurd is rhetoric in place of God with word of mouth passed on for years if not decades. It's too convenient as blind faith goes. Moreover, I would question anything as mangled in translation as Sanskrit-Hebrew, Latin, Greek, and ending with English (revised, refined, commissioned by Kings). Oral tradition and folklore go hand in hand, so it should be unmistakable now that stories are often distorted and don't come across the same.

Let's cut to the chase... Do you think God requires a book that thick? Are you familiar with the Nag Hammadi?

And when I really want to nail this debate down, I'll give you some Moses talk. Not only did he show us the 10 Commandments, but...

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by 547000

Now come on, let's not scare children; afterall, it IS unprovable. There would be no debate if it was to the contrary.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

I think you missed my point, we already know the apostles used amanuensis. How do we know this? Not only was it a marketable trade in that day and age, Kinkos were not around then, but is SAYS SO explicitly in the text.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by AprilSky

Queen Semiramis became known as "The Queen of Heaven, and was the prototype from which all other pagan goddesses came." She is the Statue of Liberty that is why she proudly holds up her torch and faces the Morning Light.

You are right that Goddess worship reined for many thousands of years before the Church came and tried to stamp it all out, and make her into a male, or three males, actually. However, the Statue of Liberty is not based on Queen Semiramis, no, she is based on The Goddess Libertas.
www.circlesanctuary.org...

The honoring of the Goddess of Freedom began more than two thousand years ago among the ancient Romans. They called Her, Libertas, the Latin word for Freedom. Libertas signified freedom of action, freedom from restraint, independence, rights, and related forms of personal and social liberty.

snip

Although the Roman empire is no more, the Goddess Liberty still survives. Over the centuries and across cultures, She has continued to signify Freedom in Her appearances in paintings, sculptures, songs, stories, poems, and other literature. In recent centuries, the form She has most often taken is that of Lady Liberty.

www.circlesanctuary.org...

From wiki:
Liberty (goddess)

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

I couldn't pass up the opportunity:

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   

I think you missed my point, we already know the apostles used amanuensis. How do we know this? Not only was it a marketable trade in that day and age, Kinkos were not around then, but is SAYS SO explicitly in the text.

It's comforting to know you can get a direct copy verbatim at Kinko's for around 10 cents (depending on paper type and quantity)... Not someone's artistic flare for writing or a complete 180. Hard to sit on this one:

www.biblegateway.com...

17Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him.

18But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   

?????

What does the Book of Numbers have ANYTHING to do with the apostles being illiterate and requiring the need of professional writers to convey their story or letters on paper?

Have you ever heard of the term Red Herring?

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   

?????

What does the Book of Numbers have ANYTHING to do with the apostles being illiterate and requiring the need of professional writers to convey their story or letters on paper?

Have you ever heard of the term Red Herring?

I'm sorry, what was it we were talking about again? Oh, that's right... The Bible and religion. All you have to do is check the thread title. If you would rather stick to illiteracy though... Hey, it's whatever floats your boat. Net some herring while you're out there. Try to outwit me, and you'll come back scoreless every time.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Try to follow along please, I have very little patience for games. We we having a specific discussion, if you wish to move the goalposts at halftime I'll kindly pass.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Thank you. I couldn't resist either. May I present Chrissie singing a song she wrote for the Goddess.....Hymn to Her.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join