It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US gov doesn't want to see their slaves leave : makes it harder to get a passport

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
State Dept. wants to make it harder to get a passport

The U.S. Department of State is proposing a new Biographical Questionnaire for some passport applicants: The proposed new Form DS-5513 asks for all addresses since birth; lifetime employment history including employers’ and supervisors names, addresses, and telephone numbers; personal details of all siblings; mother’s address one year prior to your birth; any “religious ceremony” around the time of birth; and a variety of other information. According to the proposed form, “failure to provide the information requested may result in … the denial of your U.S. passport application.”

The State Department estimated that the average respondent would be able to compile all this information in just 45 minutes, which is obviously absurd given the amount of research that is likely to be required to even attempt to complete the form.

Nice uh? Without a passport, you can't leave the US. So you're stuck.

Many people are sick and tired of the crap the US government is pulling, so they are leaving... well the government has figured that out, so now they'll make it harder...

It seems likely that only some, not all, applicants will be required to fill out the new questionnaire, but no criteria have been made public for determining who will be subjected to these additional new written interrogatories. So if the passport examiner wants to deny your application, all they will have to do is give you the impossible new form to complete.

Nice uh? And who will be subject to that? Who knows...
edit on 16-5-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-5-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
mass

civil

disobedience

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
i got out 10yrs ago and am now essentially trapped in a world where i have new citizenship of another country but the US refuses to let me renounce my US citizenship. It's crazy #! I literally can only hope the US gov collapses and my old US citizenship becomes null and void. FML

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Most absurd thing I've read in a few days. What's sad is... it's only been "a few days"...

You know those signs you see that say something like "Accident free for: [so and so days]." This is like the guy who's hammering the nail down for day number 2, but then realizes he put the nail through his own hand, bringing it back down to 0.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Yes the USS Liberty is sinking, its time to jump ship, man your lifeboats and plan your escape route.
Plenty of hope and opportunity here down under but its quite a paddle!

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
lol, trapped like rats in a maze, with all exists rigged!

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I know it's law but I still have a hard time coming to grips with "Who the Hell can tell me where and when I can travel MY Earth?

I am not property. I am not a prisoner.

Why are my movements on MY home planet only allowed with permission by some person, whom I have never even met?

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

The article says SOME applying for a US passport.......

obviously they are targeting a certain group, therefore, it does not apply to all whom apply for a passport.

The Op is over reacting!

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5

obviously they are targeting a certain group, therefore, it does not apply to all whom apply for a passport.

The Op is over reacting!
Even targeting one single person makes it an injustice.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
meh illegals dont need a passport to come in this country

so as a legal citizen of this country i give them the one finger salute

and say i dont need to stinkin passport to leave here

catch me if you can.

edit on 16-5-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

The Op is over reacting!

I'm over reacting? Really? How the hell can the government decide who can and who can't leave? The guy at the office could just don't like your face or your attitude and boom, you can't leave.

Or you like guns? Can't leave. Or you like Ron Paul? Can't leave. Or you owe 100$ on your credit card? Can't leave.

This is an injustice to everyone.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Not okay. Very interesting though, here's the full list of questions:
papersplease.org...

Is it just me or would it be utterly impossible for anyone else to remember every address they've lived at since birth?
edit on 16-5-2011 by AmorVincitOmnia because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Seems like the US government has made a purile game out of erasing liberties and replacing them with restrictions.. Could have something to do with Hillary a.k.a. Mrs Oil of Ipicac Clinton being the secretary of state... The USA is being Hag attacked by her on a daily basis.. You don't have to imagine anymore what it would be like to have our country run by a bunch of psychopaths.... And we all have front row seats, but I'm not so sure that's a good thing..

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Sink or swim my friends, swim while you still can.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   

The Op is over reacting!

Really? Who are the 'Some'? What are the criteria? Race, Color, Creed, Religion, Age, Sex, Internet Activity, Height, Weight?

The 'Some' means whoever they want, whenever they want and for whatever reason...even you.

I'll bet you'll have a problem with the 'Some' when they tell you that you can't go overseas for your holidays because of....???

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Wow. I sure am glad I already have a passport. I went through a security clearance with less information needed than this and it took me nearly 2 weeks to find all the information I needed. Then they verify it by interviewing most everyone you know or knew in that time frame.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

Who are you then Number Six?

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are

Originally posted by jude11

Who are you then Number Six?

Number 3...just before the other guy.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I don't own a passport - never needed to but wish I had gotten one when they were easier to get.

And they're saying the average person could fill this form out in 45 minutes?! They're kidding right? I'm over 40 and I've had a pretty good handful of jobs in the last 25 years or so. Some don't exist anymore even. I only kept track of the last 4 or 5 jobs I've had because thats all most applications required (if that). I couldn't tell when exactly I worked at where over 10-15 years ago much less who my supervisors were, addresses, and phone numbers.

Every address since birth? I moved around a LOT growing up. Hell at least EIGHT times alone before I turned 18. Can probably tell you the street names at best for most of em. Hell I bet my mom can't even remember the numbers.

Siblings? Technically speaking I'm an only child. But I have brothers and sisters from both my parents prior marriages. My sister on my mom's side is the only one I even know her where abouts? My brother is a looser I don't even bother to speak to and could care less where he is much less actually know. On my father's side I know of two, one living, siblings. Couldn't tell you how to even get in touch with him. My father said his ex claimed more but who knows there. Hell, it could take me WEEKS on end to collect that information if some of it's even collectible anymore. Ha! 45 minutes my happy arse!
edit on 5/16/2011 by Terrormaster because: Spelling correction

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by lestweforget
Yes the USS Liberty is sinking, its time to jump ship, man your lifeboats and plan your escape route.
Plenty of hope and opportunity here down under but its quite a paddle!

She's been sinking for sometime, now she is submerged and most of her passengers are sound asleep in their water tight compartments and won't wake up until it is too late.

I'm 28 and even though I've been under/unemployed since I left the Navy a few years ago it will still take me quite sometime to list all my past employers and trying to find addresses, phone numbers, and names would be next to impossible. The USA cannot survive without a revolution.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join