It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Toxin from GM crops found in human blood: Study

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Dammit, don't those scientist who promote GMO know the danger they're promoting. Down with monsanto and biotechnology firms.

indiatoday.intoday.in...

Fresh doubts have arisen about the safety of genetically modified crops, with a new study reporting presence of Bt toxin, used widely in GM crops, in human blood for the first time.

Till now, scientists and multinational corporations promoting GM crops have maintained that Bt toxin poses no danger to human health as the protein breaks down in the human gut. But the presence of this toxin in human blood shows that this does not happen.

They have also detected the toxin in fetal blood, implying it could pass on to the next generation. The research paper has been peer-reviewed and accepted for publication in the journal Reproductive Toxicology. The study covered 30 pregnant women and 39 women who had come for tubectomy at the Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Sherbrooke (CHUS) in Quebec.

Cry1Ab toxin was detected in 93 per cent and 80 per cent of maternal and fetal blood samples, respectively and in 69 per cent of tested blood samples from non-pregnant women. Earlier studies had found trace amounts of the Cry1Ab toxin in gastrointestinal contents of livestock fed on GM corn. This gave rise to fears that the toxins may not be effectively eliminated in humans and there may be a high risk of exposure through consumption of contaminated meat.

edit on 16-5-2011 by MIDNIGHTSUN because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by MIDNIGHTSUN

Who knows what crap there putting in our foods this day and age. Whats wrong with organic foods? If it aint broke, dont fix it ay? I know there's the need to mess with crops for the ever changing enviroment. But only to an extent. But the thing is, they will carry on till every food stuffs are gm, mark my words.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

well they dont call it BT Toxin for no reason
this IS the proof that Genetically Modifyed Orginisms of all types are not safe
and indeed eating them will be leaving a toixic legacy to your babys before they even get a chance to decide for themselves.

democracy in action?

wtf

xploder

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Here is another study to add to the list:

Horizontal Gene Transfer from GMOs Does Happen Recent evidence confirms that transgenic DNA does jump species to bacteria and even plant and animals, as some of us had predicted Dr. Mae-Wan Ho and Prof. Joe Cummins

Genetic engineering creates vast arrays of transgenic DNA that could spread, not only through cross-pollination with the same or related species, but also through the direct uptake of the transgenic DNA by cells of unrelated species, a process called horizontal gene transfer. We have been alerting regulators to Horizontal Gene Transfer - The Hidden Hazards of Genetic Engineering [1] on many occasions since the late 1990s [2-4] (Genetic Engineering Dream or Nightmare, ISIS Publication) when the regulators and their scientific advisors had denied vehemently that horizontal gene transfer could happen, and assumed mistakenly that transgenic DNA, like all DNA, would be rapidly degraded once out of the cell.

In a review published in 1998 [5], we presented extensive evidence that DNA persists in all environments and can indeed be taken up by cells of many species throughout the living world. We called for a public enquiry on the extent to which the poorly regulated discharge of transgenic organisms and transgenic nucleic acids into the environment could have been responsible for the increased emergence of new viral and bacterial diseases and antibiotic and drug resistance since genetic engineering began in the mid 1970s. Horizontal gene transfer and recombination is the main route for generating new pathogens and spreading antibiotic and drug resistance, and genetic engineering is nothing if not greatly facilitated horizontal gene transfer and recombination.

Regulators frequently dismiss our concerns with remarks such as “The safety of nucleic acids is widely accepted. Both RNA and DNA are part of all food products that we consume. “ .....

There is no doubt that transgenic DNA is different from natural DNA; not only does it contain new combinations of genes, but also new synthetic genes....

Furthermore, there are indeed reasons to suspect transgenic DNA is more likely to transfer horizontally and recombine than natural DNA (see Box adapted from [7] Living with the Fluid Genome, ISIS publication), and this has been borne out by accumulating evidence, even though dedicated research is still extremely rare.....

Isn't it comforting to know that Mike Taylor, lawyer for Monsanto is now the Food Czar and the new food "safety" Act of 2010 contains:

SEC. 404. COMPLIANCE WITH INTERNATIONAL AGREEMENTS.

Nothing in this Act (or an amendment made by this Act) shall be construed in a manner inconsistent with the agreement establishing the World Trade Organization or any other treaty or international agreement to which the United States is a party. www.govtrack.us...

Effectively turning over not only the safety of our food supply but the fate of our farmers to the tender mercy of the WTO International Ag Cartel.

The WTO and the Politics of GMO

In May of 2003, before the bombing in Iraq had subsided, George W. Bush surprised the world by suddenly turning his attack to the European Union and its eight-year ban on the use of Gene-Manipulated Organisms or seeds (GMO) in its agriculture. After cynically accusing the EU of contributing to hunger in Africa, by preventing the worldwide acceptance of American-dominated GMO crops, the American President threatened to take the EU to the World Trade Organization for committing alleged ‘unfair trade practices.’ Within one year the resistance in the EU began to crumble as Brussels once again bowed to the enormous power of the global agri-business cartel....

Who controls WTO?

Almost never does someone ask ‘who really controls the WTO?’ The question is of utmost importance for the future of global food security....

The IPC was created in 1987 explicitly to drive home the GATT agriculture rules of WTO at Uruguay talks. The IPC demands removal of ‘high tariff’ barriers in developing countries, remaining silent on the massive government subsidy to agribusiness in the USA.

A look at the IPC membership will explain what interests it represents. The Chairman is Robert Thompson, former Assistant Secretary US Department of Agriculture and former Presidential economic adviser. Also included in the IPC are Bernard Auxenfans, former chairman Monsanto France; Allen Andreas of ADM/Toepfer; Andrew Burke, Bunge (US); Dale Hathaway former USDA official and head IFPRI (US). Other IPC members include Heinz Imhof, chairman of Syngenta (CH); Rob Johnson of Cargill (US) and USDA Agriculture Policy Advisory Council; Guy Legras (France) former EU Director General Agriculture, as is Rolf Moehler of Germany. Donald Nelson of Kraft Foods (US); Joe O’Mara of USDA, Hiroshi Shiraiwa of Mitsui & Co Japan; Jim Starkey former US Trade Representative Assistant; Hans Joehr, Nestle head of agriculture; Jerry Steiner, Monsanto (US). Members Emeritus include Ann Veneman, herself a board member of a Monsanto subsidiary company before she became US Secretary of Agriculture for George W. Bush in 2001.

In effect the IPC is run by US-based agribusiness giants including Cargill, Monsanto, Bunge, ADM, the very interests which benefit from the rules they drafted for WTO trade....

F. William Engdahl goes on to explain exactly how the WTO works and how it hands contorl of our future over to three unknown people meeting in an unknown location to decide the fate of nations. It is well worth the read.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I think I'll move to a cabin in the mountains,,,hunt my own game,,,grow my own crops,,,raise a family,,,probably the best way to go.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolvo

But the thing is, they will carry on till every food stuffs are gm, mark my words.

Yes There is even an international organization set up to patent animal!!!

There is also and international organization designed to seal seed from third world farmers. One of the heritage seed saver co-ops was infiltrated and samples of all their seed "Donated" to Monsanto & Co. via a "seed bank"

If you want links I can dig them out.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Thank-you for posting this, not enough people are aware how serious this GMO issue is. People think this is just a simple matter of selective breeding and that people who think otherwise are nutters. I believe most of the time there is no conspiracy, but sometimes there is a real conspiracy and oddly enough it gets laughed at on a conspiracy site.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
If there is one issue that should enrage all of humanity into joining together and overthrowing the monsters that control things, this should be it. It is mind-boggling how many people are completely ignorant of this nightmare that is being forced upon us.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Twisted1

I think I'll move to a cabin in the mountains,,,hunt my own game,,,grow my own crops,,,raise a family,,,probably the best way to go

Don't worry Monsanto's goon squad will hunt you down and accuse you of "stealling" their patented genes. If not that government goons will show up claiming you can not feed "Unregulated food " to your kids or even yourself!

FDA's Response to FTCLDF Suit

April 26, 2010

On April 26, the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) submitted its response to a lawsuit filed earlier this year by the Farm-to-Consumer Legal Defense Fund (FTCLDF).....

The agency has long opposed 'freedom of food choice' but its response to the FTCLDF complaint represents FDA's strongest public statement yet on the freedom to obtain and consume the foods of one's choice.

FDA's Views on Freedom of Choice

Here are some of FDA's views expressed in its response on 'freedom of food choice' in general and on the right to obtain and consume raw milk in particular:....

* "There is no absolute right to consume or feed children any particular food." [p. 25]

* "There is no 'deeply rooted' historical tradition of unfettered access to foods of all kinds." [p. 26]

* "Plaintiffs' assertion of a 'fundamental right to their own bodily and physical health, which includes what foods they do and do not choose to consume for themselves and their families' is similarly unavailing because plaintiffs do not have a fundamental right to obtain any food they wish." [p. 26]

* FDA's brief goes on to state that "even if such a right did exist, it would not render FDA's regulations unconstitutional because prohibiting the interstate sale and distribution of unpasteurized milk promotes bodily and physical health." [p. 27]

* "There is no fundamental right to freedom of contract." [p. 27].....
www.ftcldf.org...

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by crimvelvet

That dont surprise me one bit mate, yer I'd like to see the information if its to hand Easy enough. This seed bank you mention, it the one near one of the poles well under the ice? Think i recall some information.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Thank-you for posting this, not enough people are aware how serious this GMO issue is. People think this is just a simple matter of selective breeding and that people who think otherwise are nutters....

I am a chemist so I am not a "technophobe" but the more I read about GMO both the legal and health aspects the more I hate the stuff and hate Monsanto.

Another thing to read is

Rockefeller Foundation

# 1 Overview
# 2 History of pharmaceutical interests

* 2.1 IG Farben & Auschwitz

# 3 History of agribusiness interests

* 3.1 American Farm Bureau
* 3.2 The "Green Revolution"

# 4 Population: Rockefeller family plan.... www.sourcewatch.org...

It will give you nightmares!

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by HenryPatrick

If there is one issue that should enrage all of humanity into joining together and overthrowing the monsters that control things, this should be it. It is mind-boggling how many people are completely ignorant of this nightmare that is being forced upon us.

The problem is the sheeple DO NOT WHAT TO HEAR IT! I have been handing out literature and talking till I am hoarse for five bloody years. All I got was a big YAWN

Unfortunately those who ARE interested belong to Organic Consumers OR Food & Water Watch or both.

Guess what??? Organic Consumers and Food & Water Watch are OWNED by the blasted Rockefellers! Not outright but if you trace the donations it leads back to the Rockefellers

Tides Foundation & Tides Center: Donations FROM Rockefeller's $9,467,955.00 (1991 - 2005)
Rockefeller Family Fund: $1,225,000.00 1991 – 2004
Rockefeller Brothers Foundation $2,879,900.00 1993 – 2005
Rockefeller Foundation $4,543,775.00 1993 – 2005
Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors $819,300.00 1997 – 2004

Maude Barlow a “no dog in this fight” Canadian, is a director of both Organic Consumers and Food & Water Watch She has been handsomely rewarded for selling the US consumer out with an appointment as New Senior Advisor to the UN president on October 21, 2008.

So the long and the short is Organic Consumers and Food & Water Watch supported the food law of 2010 and called those opposed "hysterical"

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
s&f...more people need to know!!
I'm not shocked... was expecting it to be found. Now just more tests need to be done, exposing other types of food, to show as proof that these chemicals are really found in people.
The scientists, may or may not care,
Not only are children even exposed to pesticides, but more now with these chemicals, and health care pros wonder why so many young people have cancers and mental disorders... I'm saying more of the innocent Drs. and nurses in the industry actually trying to help people. They may well be unaware of big pharmas plans to put all children who are already over exposed and sick from chemicals, on more chemicals!

join