It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive Details on Modern Warfare 3 Leaked!!!! Link to Conspiracy of WW 3?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
www.destructoid.com...

A whole bunch of details for Modern Warfare 3 have been leaked online today, including a release date of November 8, 2011. No time for idle chat -- here are the details in pointed list form:

* Releases November 8, 2011.
* Huge battles take place in New York, London and Paris.
* Story will tie up loose ends from previous games, and feature the "final moments" of key characters.
* Takes place moments after Modern Warfare 2 and is set around the world, with players taking on the roles of a Russian Federal Protective Services agent, SAS Operative, tank gunner, and AC-130 gunner as well as various main characters.
* Story takes place over 15 chapters, starting with a Russian invasion of Manhattan and ending in Dubai.
* Two new characters will debut, Frost and Sandman, members of Delta Force.
* Two new Spec Ops modes -- Survival and Mission.

kotaku.com...

The Modern Warfare 3 Files: Exclusive First Details on the Biggest Game of 2011

Avatar for Brian Crecente Brian Crecente —The Modern Warfare 3 Files: Exclusive First Details on the Biggest Game of 2011Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 is coming Nov. 8, 2011, Kotaku has learned, delivering with it mammoth battles that engulf a dozen cities around the world including New York, Paris and London.

Multiple sources have shared details of the game's story, art, sounds and game modes with Kotaku, noting that the game will reshape the landscape of the Call of Duty franchise, bringing an impressive number of eclectic settings, deep multiplayer gaming and a story that ties up nearly all loose ends from previous titles, including the final moments of key figures in the series' history.

While we haven't seen the game in action ourselves, we've gone to great lengths to nail down as much as possible the veracity of our sources. We believe that the imagery and chief details are accurate. That doesn't mean things can't change before release, but this appears to be a full run down of where Infinity Ward, Sledgehammer Games and Raven Software is on Modern Warfare 3 as they add the final polishing touches.

The Modern Warfare 3 Files: Exclusive First Details on the Biggest Game of 2011The game opens moments after the cliffhanger ending of Modern Warfare 2 with the U.S. struggling to stave off a surprise Russian attack. The single-player campaign will ping-pong players around the world as they take on the multiple throwaway roles as a Russian Federal Protective Services agent, SAS Operative, tank gunner, and AC-130 gunner as well as key characters from previous installments and new recurring characters. The game will feature about 15 missions, kicking off with the invasion of Manhattan by a Russian force and wrapping up with a final encounter in Dubai.

The plot, as described, seems to be keeping with developer Infinity Ward's habit of delivering complex, short sequences punctuated by lots of gunfire and scene changes. The game also has players take control of several vehicles, returning gamers to the AC-130 gunship as a gunner and plopping them down in a tank as part of a U.S. Armored Division.

The Modern Warfare 3 Files: Exclusive First Details on the Biggest Game of 2011The single-player campaign, which appears to wrap up most of the unanswered questions and character fates of the first two Modern Warfare titles, also introduces new characters who appear to be destined for future Modern Warfare games, especially two Delta Force operatives codenamed "Frost" and "Sandman".

Multiplayer in the game returns with a chunky list of playable maps as well as two types of Spec Ops modes: "Survival" and "Mission".

Activision, the series' publisher, still hasn't officially unveiled any details about the game, though executives have said that a new Call of Duty game was coming this year. Last year's Call of Duty: Black Ops, developed by Treyarch, sold more than 7 million copies in the first 24 hours and within six weeks reached $1 billion in sales.

kotaku.com...

Multiplayer Maps

* Alpha
* Alps
* Bootleg
* Bravo
* Brooklyn
* Carbon
* Coast
* Dome
* Exchange
* Hardhat
* Interchange
* Lambeth
* Meteora
* Mogadishu
* Paris
* Plaza 2
* Radar
* Seatown
* Underground
* Village

Spec Ops Modes

Survival

* Carbon
* Dome
* Radar
* Seatown
* Village

Mission

* Civilian Rescue
* Flood the Market
* Invisible Threat
* Little Bro's
* Out of Africa
* No Fly Zone
* Wing Man

kotaku.com...
The Campaign Settings of MW3
* Dharmasala, India
* New York, New York
* A plane transporting the president of Russia
* A town in Sierra Leone
* London, England
* Mogadishu, Somalia
* Hamburg, Germany
* Paris, France
* Prague, Czech Republic
* A castle in the Czech mountains
* Berlin, Germany
* The Kremlin in Moscow, Russia
* Dubai, United Arab Emirates
* Washington. D.C.

What really bothered me was a small paragraph in the last article (kotaku.com...)

The game's final mission occurs in Dubai, where Yuri, Price and Sandman launch an assault on a heavily guarded hotel, eventually finding Makarov and, yes, finally killing him.

It also appears that the game may also include a post-credits level that features the burning of Washington, D. C.

Is this a conspiracy? If you think about it M W 3....flip the M upside down and you get W W 3. Gives me the creeps though.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
It's just a game. >.>

And Battlefield 3 will be better. ^^

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Ha! Sounds like a Cold War type game. I never did quite get the hang of COD, but I love the Cold War, so might try this out on Gamefly and if it's good, definitely a buy from me!

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I see nothing about WW3

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kemal
It's just a game. >.>

Stay Out Of My Brain!

You basically said exactly what i was going to say. While COD does a decent job at keeping up to date on America's current $h!t storms, I don't think there is really anything here that would pin point a conspiracy revelation.

And as far as the Call of Duty franchise is concerned? Probably the most overrated franchise in gaming history. Battlefield is a far superior online experience, and Battlefield 3 is going to conquer all.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

It's just a game. >.>

this! cant wait for that..

to the OP...well i like to play these games on single player cause its like a movie with a damn good story..

so maybe i buy that too..but i cant wait for bf3 cause of the multiplayer

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
BF3 is going to wipe the floor with MW3.

I had all the COD games then got into battlefield....well i had battlefield 2 on pc a few years back, but got BFBC2 for the PS3....soooooo much better than COD. COD is for amateurs that just lke to spray and prey. BF takes skill and team work.....dont find many kids on BF thank buddah

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

There's a funny quote I heard about the comparison between COD and BF that goes something like this:

Call of Duty Player: "Son of a %$#@%!!! There's a sniper hiding in that building, and he's killing my team!"

Battlefield Player: (calls in an artillery strike) "What building?"

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

i love the whole cod series i cant wait to play this game
modern warfare 1 was a great game sure this one will be even better!

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mactire

There's a funny quote I heard about the comparison between COD and BF that goes something like this:

Call of Duty Player: "Son of a %$#@%!!! There's a sniper hiding in that building, and he's killing my team!"

Haha sounds about right.
Im pretty good at COD....on free for all im a badass, but the other game modes are wasted as no one helps on PS3...most people dont even have mics

But its just a boring repetitive game that requires very little skill.

I was happy when black ops took away quick scoping, but so many kids wanted it they bowed to them and put it back in the game....thats pretty much when i stopped playing.

BF is such a better game. You cant be a lonewolf and expect to win, when i play with my mates we never lose, its impossible
8 of us on mic in 2 squads....versus a bunch of kids who are used to playing COD running in and getting smashed haha.

I cant wait for BF3, it looks epic. If its as good as BFBC2 il be happy, but im guessing its going to be 10 times better to be honest. Love it and cant wait for it to be released, il never buy a COD game again now ive rediscovered the BF franchise

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Nothing makes you smile more than a full map Atacama Desert headshot with a bullet drop.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   

It's just a game. >.>

yessir

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

It's just a game. >.>

BF3 is also just a game.

I personally like the BF games, and I like the COD series as well.

This thread was no more than informing gamers who are interested in COD what is happening with MW3

Btw, I can't wait for BF3 to come out....BF2:BC was fun game

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy

Haha sounds about right.
Im pretty good at COD....on free for all im a badass, but the other game modes are wasted as no one helps on PS3...most people dont even have mics

But its just a boring repetitive game that requires very little skill.

I was happy when black ops took away quick scoping, but so many kids wanted it they bowed to them and put it back in the game....thats pretty much when i stopped playing.

BF is such a better game. You cant be a lonewolf and expect to win, when i play with my mates we never lose, its impossible
8 of us on mic in 2 squads....versus a bunch of kids who are used to playing COD running in and getting smashed haha.

I cant wait for BF3, it looks epic. If its as good as BFBC2 il be happy, but im guessing its going to be 10 times better to be honest. Love it and cant wait for it to be released, il never buy a COD game again now ive rediscovered the BF franchise

The one thing I have to note about controls. I personally like the controller setup for COD as opposed to BF (even though I can probably change these). I have only played BF2:BC a couple of times on XBL, and I found it both fun and challenging to play....and I am sure that if I played more online then I would be much better at it.

I am pretty used to COD...love the graphics and gameplay. I've been playing black ops for a while now and my kill/death ratio is about 1.68 (I sucked ass when I first got the game).

If anyone wants to play online with/against me on XBL...find me. SniperInUrFace

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
If they keep releasing COD games back to back like they do, the people will burn out on them. Just sayin...

MOTF!

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

It's just a game. >.>

Stay Out Of My Brain!

You basically said exactly what i was going to say. While COD does a decent job at keeping up to date on America's current $h!t storms, I don't think there is really anything here that would pin point a conspiracy revelation.

And as far as the Call of Duty franchise is concerned? Probably the most overrated franchise in gaming history. Battlefield is a far superior online experience, and Battlefield 3 is going to conquer all.

I really like the campaign for BF2:BC. It's like watching a movie, but only you are viewing in some parts as FPS. Great graphics and gameplay for sure.

As far as conspiracy, I know it was a long shot, but why would Activision make Washington burn on Nov 2011, when we know here on ATS that 2012 is the "big year" event? Just sayin

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I think if you mixed COD & Battlefield together, you'd have the perfect game.

I like the controls and smoothness of COD, but love the vehicles and map size of Battlefield.

COD really is soooo addictive and although I didn't like Black Ops when I first got it, I now really do.

I will probably get BF3..... but I know Modern Warfare 3 will get most of my time when It's released....

Such a dilemma :shk:

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Touche~~~~

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Modern Warfare 3 will probably be a very good game, I enjoyed all the main Call of Duty games mainly for the singleplayer, multiplayer is just an added bonus in my opinion.
But.. as people have said before, Battlefield 3 will be a lot better. Battlefield 3 will win quality wise but lose on sales. I just hope EA doesn't turn Battlefield into a Call of Duty copy with a new release every year, that would seriously suck.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
COD Series >>>> Battlefield seris

Oh Wait.....
Gears Of War Online Series >>>>>>>>> ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join