It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elderly cancer survivor humiliated by airport security

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
if legal precedents are not enforced then justice does not prevail; and if justice chooses to use vision to assume the unlawful the citizens who make right use of freedoms will be declared renegades by the persons passing laws behind liberty's back.

the same can be true for a person who elects a man to pass a law that sets a precedent for unlawful acts to other citizens; enjoy the fruits of your labor and cultivate the growth of your seeds, eventually yourself cannot rightfully complain about the meal another man consumes because of his own deeds.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by XxRagingxPandaxX
With the "retaliation" scare going on right now these atrocities are going to get worse. The stupidest part? The "retaliation" is gonna come from Muslim extremists, but old grannies and little kids etc. are gonna be the ones humiliated. "But it's profiling if you don't harass everyone." Well I have news for them it's not profiling it's reality, I don't see Christians and Buddhists and Hindus with bombs strapped to them.

See, i pretty much agree with you. And this is a serious problem, even though i am against profiling and racism. There is no need to force the elderly and kids to this kinds of crap, when it is generally Islamic extremists doing this. Sure a Christian extremist or ANY extremist could do the same, but they generally DON'T. So what do we do? Profile? I do not think profiling should be legal. Should we feel up geriatrics? I do not think that should be legal.

I HATE being treated as suspect, even as a white American who is not a threat. It OFFENDS ME.

ANY extremist is a threat, and an extremist can look like ANYONE, but we have conditioned ourselves that the true threat is Muslims, and only Muslims, because that is what we have been conditioned to fear. Next it could be those with shaved heads, etc. Just like we were conditioned to fear the black man and the threat to our white women (pre-civil rights), and the current continued threat of the stereotypical "black male," "muslim in traditional attire," etc.

It's all BS. And it keeps us AFRAID and DIVIDED. False enemies.

Sure, an "extremist" could "force," through threat, a geriatric to carry a bomb, or the same with a mother's child.

So what do we do? Do we profile, and subject ordinary Muslim American citizens (who are not a threat) to the same type of procedures that we A) do not want our own white elderly, and juvenile citizens should go through or B) that we feel ALL Muslim LOOKING people should also go through regardless of citizenship????

Just like the problem with illegal immigration and profiling do we subject legal (hispanic) citizens to stops based upon profiling, do we allow their harassment, too? Do we infringe their freedom because some might be illegal?

THAT is the problem.

The question is: HOW do we properly address it?

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by DerekJR321

But you know, I'm expecting the flock of "flying is not a right, its a privilege" people to come flooding in here any minute.

Hahaha, those goddamn clowns are all over the boards these days.

Strange how if flying is a privilege that government is involved - you know, since they are just supposed to protect our 'rights' and not our privileges.

Alas, some people just can't get their arguments straight.
edit on 16-5-2011 by Exuberant1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Can I just point out one thing. I seen a few people saying, "After the collapse it will get better...." etc.

NO IT WONT. Sorry but IT WONT.

Things like this happen, people are trained to beleive they are special, they have a god given right to have things their way (and THEY DO NOT). This is why seemingly normal people subject other normal people to these conditions with little remorse.

"Gots to get paid!!!" They probably know its wrong, but thats what they'v been told to do thats what they get paid to do. Pretty much EXACTLY like Nazi soldiers, im pretty sure (well I would hope) a good portion of the SS didnt hate jews, at least not enough to actually WANT to do what they did, However thats what they were told to do. (this is why its supposed to be LEGAL for our soldiers to refuse an unlawful order, unfortrunately as we all know that is not the case, instead this has been used this as a barrier to protect the politicians & higher ups. Force soldiers to accept an order, when they are caught say they should have refused. Im pretty sure we all have many examples of this.)

The reality a good portion of people are ignorant gimps, they have a "TV Show" for every occasion, its just how they are programmed, if there is a collapse Im pretty certain that once the govts fall the place will spend the first few years looking like a Mad Max movie, at least until the lemmings have killed most of themselves off. Its almost what I assume religious people are like, the "Law" is the only thing making most of these people "decent" people the second its not there they will become animals, "Its their right"!!! (as with religious people, they get their morality from god, so using that logic if god is ever disproved every religious person could potentially become a raging rapist / murdering lunatics)

Also bringing it back to Nazi germany for a minute, marketing aka propaganda has been lying to people for over 50 years now, however the best brainwashing in the world is not 100% effective, this is why people are so angry and or depressed, they know something is wrong, but are unable to grasp it. Just like in Nazi germany all that is needed is a "spark" once that has ignited, the sh*t will hit the fan. People beleive this is what caused the holocaust, the propaganda made people lose their minds, it worked a little too well and as always innocent people paid the price.

So if & when the collapse comes, its not going to be like some hippy esq awakening, its going to be harsh & violent and people will die, A LOT OF PEOPLE. And you know what I suspect if this world is ever going to get back to some kind of normality I think alot of of people will have die, because a good portion of these drones will simply find it impossible to function without this system, perhaps that was always the plan, who knows, But its better to face reality now so your not stunned and unable to react when its staring you in the face!

The world is not a nice place, IMO if its not for one, its not for all. Or atleast thats the way it should be. However I think given how close we are to the "kick off" (peronally think it is "anytime now") We should ALL face the reality that awaits us, its not gonna be pretty, it definetly will not be easy by any strech of the imagination, however that doesnt change the fact we MUST succeed, we MUST out last the ignorant & the lemmings and we cannot let them take over and start all this nonsense over again.

When the time comes we will need to take back our world, thats going to take a bit more that positive thinking & "good vibes".

Sorry a tad of topic, but needed to be said I think.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Ausar

If there was a huge massive lawsuit against the TSA, lets talk hundreds if not thousands of people, watch the tide turn.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by S3ns1bl3

"Gots to get paid!!!" They probably know its wrong, but thats what they'v been told to do thats what they get paid to do. Pretty much EXACTLY like Nazi soldiers,

The NAZI thing isn't accurate, they had to conscript those Germans and threaten their livelihood to get them to serve. The Americans that are doing this - those scumbags volunteered...

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   
This just goes to prove, you can't kill Osama bin Laden. His fear is alive and well, and still controlling our government.

That is unless, the government was just using bin Laden as an excuse to BEGIN doing the things they are doing....
edit on 16-5-2011 by Cryptonomicon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMessenger1

What are you doing to ensure you are secure from lighting strikes? You are vastly more likely to be struck by lightning than hurt by a terrorist on an airplane. Vastly.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1

Originally posted by S3ns1bl3

"Gots to get paid!!!" They probably know its wrong, but thats what they'v been told to do thats what they get paid to do. Pretty much EXACTLY like Nazi soldiers,

The NAZI thing isn't accurate, they had to conscript those Germans and threaten their livelihood to get them to serve. The Americans that are doing this - those scumbags volunteered...

Thats not my point, (and also the german regulars were conscripts, Most of the SS were not.) My point is someone "above" them told them to do it, so all concepts of morality are thrown out of the window and the rationale is "well its my job". Its also worth pointing out german civilians helped and even took part on some of the worst atrocities of the war, again my point is about WHY people do these things , how these people got to where they are is Irrelevant.

**Also I think you need to do some reading on the Nazi's, The nazi's were popular WAY before They needed conscripts!!**

They may volunteer but why woudnt they? Its a job, It pays, its "legal", the point is people are only acting how they are being told to act, within the rules they have available. The problem isnt the people, Its the system in control of the people.

While people are restricting themselves to thinking within the rules of this "system" they are unable to see the world without it!
edit on 16/5/11 by S3ns1bl3 because: Spelling

top topics

<< 1   >>

join