It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elderly cancer survivor humiliated by airport security

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Strecker, an 82-year-old cancer survivor, was publicly pat down and forced to reveal her gel prosthesis at the Calgary airport security screening area after going through a body scanner. Along with the embarrassment of the public pat-down, Strecker was also distraught at the insinuation that she was lying to security guards.

Link

Absolutely unbelievable! When will common sense and compassion, basic human decency kick in with airport security!!! Where will they draw the line?? Oh wait I'm pretty sure they keep drawing the line further and further out.. These atrocious guidelines that airport security are following are despicable this needs to stop! Ok.. done ranting.. Any thoughts? .. Come to think of it.. Kind of reminds me of a Louis C.K. Joke, but this joke isn't the least bit funny.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
This reminds me of this scene from Airplane....

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

When will common sense and compassion, basic human decency kick in with airport security!!!

Never. Not until the system collapses, and then, who needs airports??

Once the system collapses, we can begin to survive with compassion, 'cause humanity's gonna have to look deep down into our own subconscious fears, discover our true selves, and choose to live without fear.

Temet nosce. And this ridiculous nonsense will fade away.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Solar.Absolution

Disgusting. But of course, this isn't the first time something like this has happened:

Jesse Ventura sues TSA

When will people do what is right instead of simpily doing what they are told is 'right'. Don't these inspectors have any human morals left in their hearts? My blessings to that old lady. I hope humiliations like these never happen to her, or anyone else, again.

Though as long as groups like the TSA still exist 'for the sake of our security', that hope may be in vain.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
With the "retaliation" scare going on right now these atrocities are going to get worse. The stupidest part? The "retaliation" is gonna come from Muslim extremists, but old grannies and little kids etc. are gonna be the ones humiliated. "But it's profiling if you don't harass everyone." Well I have news for them it's not profiling it's reality, I don't see Christians and Buddhists and Hindus with bombs strapped to them.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheyWontBelieveU
This reminds me of this scene from Airplane....

Though this real-world airport embarrassment is a serious topic, that video made me chuckle.

Thanks, I needed that.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by XxRagingxPandaxX

Yeah, I suppose your right. It's just the fact of inspecting children disabled and elderly... The ones who never fight back that's what drives me nuts.. And by all rights should be driving every "free person" in the world to stand up and say no! They need to change the rules now!.. But I'm a dreamer.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Yes satire can help us take a step back for a minute and breath.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by XxRagingxPandaxX

I agree ... just goes to show how skewed these people's "logical thinking" can be. I mean, an old lady is WAY more dangerous than a Muslim extremest, right?

Give me a break people.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Not sure about...aboot up there in Canada but here in the US we have the 4th ammendement.
Which is only surrendered when people consent to the search, but does Canada have a similar law?
But even if you did I imagine it would be the same there as here.
The TSA will agree to let you board as long as you agree to their search.
We have a right to privacy, we do not have a right to fly however.
Kind of like if you were broken down on a backroad on a rainy night.
Someone comes along and will give you a rife to civilization but only after you consent to a search for drugs and weapons.
Would you stay and freeze your tush or consent?
Yeah and the tough guys will say I'd freeze, I say good for you!

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Well I don't have much knowledge of Canadian law other than there are too many, and there are no "grass roots" amendments like Americas.
IMO Humanity is doomed at this pace.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Question!!

What does being a cancer survivor patient have to with airport security??

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
For shame Canada. I thought we were better than this.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
This will continue a little longer...until the collapse takes place later this year....then things will turn around.... Trolls, please don't ask me how I know....go find out for yourself...

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Digusting, I am ashamed to be Canadian now.My own very bad experience at the same airport : I refused to go through the body scanner and it got the mongrels so mad that i had to be pat down three times just to make sure.I was asked why my left wrists beeps,and said "it is watch you know,some people wear them to tell time".
The guy was livid at that moment and i had to take my boots off...and get patred down again.I've moved a bit funny while he was feeling my crotch like i as enjoying it....i was there for at least 15 minutes....

My point is : Either make fun of them and risk big, or when we see what they do to other people we should all say something....but that doesn't happen.We're too afraid of them and they know it.

So sad now,i thought it was only my big mouth and that it happened only to me because of my attitude but i see we are going down the same road like our neighbours.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Another act of the degrading Canadian honor.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I hope their pay check is worth all of the humiliation that they cause. I'm convinced the TSA here gets off on humiliating women.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Like the article says, the problem won't be fixed by a whole bunch of complaining and whining.......

but sueing them in a court of law probably would !!!

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Aisling

It just goes to prove alot of people would do anything for money....even humiliating people at minimal wage.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I think the cancer survivor part was put in to explain the fact that she had.. mmm... prosthetic... you know whats.

The other day it was an 8-month old baby. And now this.

But you know, I'm expecting the flock of "flying is not a right, its a privilege" people to come flooding in here any minute.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join