It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congratulations Apple: The Masters of Marketing and Advertising

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
You've managed to churn out obsolete crap at a vastly profitable level to such a wide market. Android is still better. PC is still better. And yet through clever marketing and advertising you've been able to turn obsolete flamboyant crap into a household name.

I liked the iPod. That was brilliant. The iMac? Not so bad.

The iPhone and the iPad? How have you managed to sell these 'New' products when there are much better alternatives already available on the market?

Steve jobs.. Good show sir!

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Hey care to post your sources for this rant?

I see this as a PC vs Apple rant honestly... I am PRO Apple

I get into this argument all the time with people, the whole Mac vs PC. I was raised using Mac in school and my personal life. I can't stand Windows, it is the cause of many breakdowns..chat can be a witness

IMO Apple is more user friendly and people can say only people who don't know how to use computers use Apple, well that is a crock. It also depends on what your preference is and what you are using the internet for. I do design work so for me Apple is best and i prefer it. I find it a lot easier to use and even in the year or so I have had a PC I still can't figure crap out and it drives me mad! Also why can't they make a browser that works all the time and not just when it wants?

If you don't know how to use one or the other and you are use to a certain OS then why does it matter what the other person uses? To be honest I have actually had many friends switch to the iPhone and Apple computers because of me.. (Still waiting for my check from them for my mass promoting of their products on my personal time) They are actually quite happy with their switch, yes they cost more but IMO in the end it's worth it.

I had an Acer (crap!) laptop and in the year I owned it before the motherboard went I spent what I paid on it in repairs because of viruses and other crap. My Apple I NEVER had to do that, ever..so the money I spent on it when it was new was well worth it imo and I didn't have mental breakdowns!

Oh did you see this too....hehe
]Apple Becomes Worlds Most Valuable Brand
^^^ I cheered when I saw this and I know many cringed.

Comparing Apple to PCs is like comparing apples and oranges or the whole Ford vs Chevy argument...It's a lost cause!

edit on 5/15/2011 by mblahnikluver because: spelling!

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Lol. that is soo true. [snip]
I dont understand the point of an i pad , its utterly useless unless you dont have a pen and piece of paper.
and please dont say its ecologic as it will end up in a pile of rubbish in Ghana in 6 month when they launch the ipad4.

edit on 5/15/2011 by 12m8keall2c because: removed profanity - Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by eagleeye2
Lol. that is soo true. [snip].

EXCUSE ME!

What is true is that you are apparently quite immature and know nothing about Apple and why people buy it. I am 32 and FEMALE and I have excellent self esteem.

I dont understand the point of an i pad , its utterly useless unless you dont have a pen and piece of paper.
and please dont say its ecologic as it will end up in a pile of rubbish in Ghana in 6 month when they launch the ipad4.

Have you ever really seen what they can do? If you knew what they can do you wouldn't think so arrogantly. My friend has one and it is bad ass. I never knew all that it could do. It is amazing. It seems to me that people only dis these products cause A) they can't afford them or B) they know nothing about them

I am not a PC fan but I dont sit here and call PC users idiots and losers..it is their choice on what they choose to use.

Oh yeah this is real and on my ankle...judge me all you want, if you knew me it fits my personality as do all my tats..It has nothing to do with marketing or anything...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4c9a676d67b8.jpg[/atsimg]
Its an Apple thing you wouldn't understand

edit on 5/15/2011 by 12m8keall2c because: removed quoted profanity

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
My beef with apple products is the price... It seems to me that pretty much every product they sell is about $100.00 over what I could get from another company's product that does the same thing... Yeah, I agree that I might rip out my hair from time to time when that other product doesn't do exactly what I want it to do. The Ipad 1 + 2 on the other hand doesn't have any SD slot, an unacceptable flaw. If it did have a SD slot and it was priced to actually compete with Android tablets I would think about it, and probably choose android...

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
@ mblahnikluver
if an Ipad is soo bad ass then why theres allready an Ipad2 and allready pushing for the ipad4.
I mean seriously, you get my point right, when you mention "I was raise with apple, so i had to go with it "
That means you lack the confidence of buying a cheaper product that does the same or better at a lower price. Just because you dont see it every 12 min. in a commercials.
but dont worry, theres tons of ppl that have low self esteem and do perfectly fine in life, they are just a bit annoying.
edit on 15-5-2011 by eagleeye2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by eagleeye2
Lol. that is soo true. only old c_ck or young prick with bad self esteem buys apple.

That's low and nonsense... Why not pick on the price point or apples terrible business practices? No, you pull out the red is better than blue, because I think so, logic. TROLL

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by JJDoggie84

Then you probly dont know about planed obsolescence, apple merchandising tactics, you dont have any clue at all.
Its not blue vs red, trust me, its you being clueless.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Apple is pure bunk, they fail to include the standard SD or micro SD slot to rape people on extra memory that costs them next to nothing.

If you buying Apple products, your getting ripped off, if you were not, there would be expandable memory, plain and simple.
edit on 15-5-2011 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
If you like Apple click below...
If you hate Apple click below...

The Snake and the Apple

As a Apple product owner...
That website sums up my opinions on Apple

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I really don't understand any of this at all.
I use linux - and it's FANTASTIC!

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by eagleeye2

No, I do know about planed obsolescence. Can you provide a source for your following statement?:

Lol. that is soo true. only old c_ck or young prick with bad self esteem buys apple.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by JJDoggie84

a bit off topic, www.youtube.com... talks abaout planed obsolescence, and perceived obsolescence, The second one is 50 min. and a must see. A member here at ATS posted a thread recently about it, ill try to find his name. seach for Pyramid of waiste aka The lightbulb conspiracy.
www.youtube.com...
edit on 15-5-2011 by eagleeye2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by eagleeye2

Yes, I've seen them both... Now those are good reasons for saying Apple products are crap, ie the batteries cannot be replaced (planned obsolescence) . Also I bet Ipad4 will have a SD or USB slot making the perceived obsolescence apparent in the older ipads... I take back the troll comment

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Mac vs PC is like comparing Japanese cars and America cars. No matter how you show that Japanese cars are better built, safer, more reliable, better resale etc. You'll always have people who will try to justify American cars because of bias

PC people always claim That Mac people are fan boys and just swayed by marketing. I think its the other way around, PC people are the most militant and always starting the arguments.

I've been using Macs for over 10 years. I still have my 8 year old apple that has never given me any issues when every single PC I have owned has always been plagued with issues straight out of the box.

So paying a 25% premium on a piece that I know will last many years longer then a PC makes sense to me.

top topics

join