It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you judge me?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver

My sister got involved with JW and she stopped talking to her family for a while because we weren't JW and I have seen this happen before so just becareful. Good luck to you

Sorry, I just had to pull this part out, people stop talking to their family for a myriad of reasons; sometimes it takes a lifetime to mend the fence over generational attitudes.

To the OP, I say this: "If it feels good to you, then it is GOOD", that is the secret to this existence. When it is time you will either rediscover your path if you are not on the correct one, or you will finally understand that you were on the right path all along!

Personally, I feel that the JW have a vital role in what we are facing on this Planet. I believe that the 144,000 virgin men that will ascend to Heaven to form Christ's Army are real. I believe that the embodiment of Christ will come from the resurrection of a man to act on our behalf; he will be Christ, but there is another...The AntiChrist!

So I say with all my heart to the OP, embrace this with a Loving and Open Heart and you will not be deceived!

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by MileHighClubber

J.w. push the idea of free will to support "man's willful sin against "god"" but free will can be debated because if we all had free will we would of been able to choose to be born, be able to choose our parents, etc.

Its a paradox, we have free will but death be to those who don't do what a "god" wants us to do even those we are suppose to have a the option to do what we want. We don't have free will if we will be judged for decisions we make, it is not love to judge someone because they make "mistakes".

and what good is it to know of a god who "loves" you but you can't even love yourself?
edit on 15-5-2011 by Ralphy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by MileHighClubber

I will not judge you.
The harshest judge in the world, heck the universe even is YOU. YOU have to make the choices that make you happy as long as they dont hurt anyone, that includes you.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Greensage To the OP, I say this: "If it feels good to you, then it is GOOD",

Well, I don't know about that. Rape feels good to rapists. Alcoholics and drug addicts are a wreck until they get that fix. I don't think joining the JW is a good thing, but rather the least harmful of all evils. When anyone is desperate to be a part of religious cult, it's a clear indicator that there's an emptiness inside that can't be fulfilled through regular means: Friends, intimate relationships, hobbies, work...

There are people that just didn't develop a full sense of self-worth. There's no shame in this, it's just the way it is. So, they compensate by joining groups that might make them feel like they're worth something.

To the O.P.: I tell you now, you were born with every human right, just like the rest of us. You don't have to fight for it. It's not like in school where you have to work for extra credit. You don't have to prove to any person, place or group that you have the right to exist; you automatically have it.

edit on 5/15/2011 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Prior to anything "feeling good" we can assert that most people, especially the OP, would have a general understanding of how one's own actions affects another, and knowing right from wrong. Wouldn't you agree?

edit on 5/15/2011 by Greensage because: added own

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Greensage

NO you are wrong she is my twin sister, know anything about twins?

These people brainwashed her.

So until you have dealt with it then don't tell me how it should be or how it was. We ALWAYS talked but when she was with this guy and in this group we didn't.

If you know anything about JW you would know this is actually common but I am not telling the OP what to do. If he is happy and it doesn't hurt him or others he can believe in or not believe in anything he wants. That doesn't mean I am judging anyone.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Hey, c'mon guys, no confrontations.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   
I will never judge you. I am myself atheist and won't like if anyone will judge me on this fact. The important thing is what makes you happy. If believing in a religion makes you happy, then be it so.We all are rational beings, and have the right to judge what's correct. But, the thing is that you should not involve others in this i.e. you should never force your beliefs on other or damage anyone due to it. Otherwise, you are all good.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Hi there, I used to be a JW and let me tell you that it really isn't a community feeling once your in. You see, the goal of a Jehovah's Witness is to get more and more people into their organization to be "saved". But once your in your just another person. My family thought it was great how we felt like we belonged with them, like they wanted us there; but that changed within a couple of years.

At first we were invited to pot-lucks, drop in hockey in the winter and soccer in the summer. But you know what? When we went there, they didnt even include the kids! When one of the Elders were asked about this his reply was simple..."We don't include the kids". I was shocked. It felt as if they were pushing the very people in the organization out and trying to get others in.

Now I'm not saying to run, as you need to experience for yourself. They claim to be the one true religion for all, especially if your a family....but it's not like that at all, at least it wasn't at the kingdom hall I went to.

I also have an Aunt who is a Jehovah's Witness, in fact she is the one that got my family and I involved. Can you guess what happened once I decided to leave the religion? That's right, she hasnt talked to me since...It's been about 8 years now.
edit on 17-5-2011 by InsanePain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
No judgment at all, as they say, "there are many paths to the top of a mountain, but they all lead to the same place."

The only trick is that you have to actually move your feet and walk along that path.

The only thing i would say is that "relationship" with God is a personal thing, and even with guidance, one must apply that to their own life. Live and learn, basically

Also remember that God is not so small to be contained in any one religion, planet, galaxy, or even universe. God, to me, is with us at all times the only place where it is chosen differently is in our individual perspective. Such a concept is seen as beyond words though, so any books, sermons, or teachings are nothing more than fingers pointing to the moon.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Having the ability to choose is probably the greatest gift any of us have. Anyway it's fun to look around, just watch out for the preaching charlatans.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Every one has the right to believe what they want to, those who judge you on becoming or changing into some other belief isn't of their concern. Those who bash religion and other beliefs, are not very respectable in any meaning of that word. Some people love to be right in their own sense, changing or proving someone wrong in their sense gives them pleasure of rightfulness.

For me I was raised a Theravada Buddhist, but overtime I switched, slowly to practice Tibetan, Mahayana, and a lot of other mystical teachings of this world.

And No I will not judge you. Fight on

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
There is only 1 judge many who acted as 1 shall be judged by 1. So none can judge you except for the judge of us all

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join