It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dragon Researcher- Need info Please!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 01:15 PM
link   
HELP PLEASE!!!! Im doing a big project with dragons....It's a big research project and i'm going to document my findings... PLease help with any information that you can share, I want to help with the paranormal/ mythical theories unlike all the other biologists/scientists.

!!!!!!!!Please Help!!!!!!!!!
If you don't want to help it's O.K

Oh! and I'll look up frequent sighting areas, but if you are willing to share some it could help! Remember, you don't have to contribute or help in any way, and you can throw my theories down the drain if they're wrong. But ONLY if your absolutely positivley sure and correct... I may come up with: They were just folklore...or They were/are real... you never know!

!!!!THANX!!!!

[edit on 6-8-2004 by tattered_wings_drake]

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 01:19 PM
link   
i don't know much about dragons, but you could do a google search! www.google.com...

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Not going to do the research for you, but here are some general directions...

Look into the origins of the dragon mythology in different cultures, and compare their similarities/differences (example, the Orient, Middle Ages, Norse Mythology, South American cultures (Aztec, Incan, Toltec, Mayan, etc.)

Compare dinosaurs with dragons, could some surviving dinos have been called dragons? Could they be behind the legends?

Symbology of the dragon, what has it symbolized to different peoples, etc.

Dragons and entertainment, books, movies, etc. how have they been portrayed?

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Well I could recommend that you compare nessie and other large reptiles that you might find. Also look at the pyschology behind dragons.

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 02:40 PM
link   
ok, I don't know if this is too far off topic for your research - but don't overlook the dragon in horimono designs (tattoo's).

Two quick pointers for you -

#1. It is said that the firemen in Edo wore dragon tattoo's (or in some versions of the telling, carp, but that links with the second pointer ...)."

#2. Dragons are carp.
There are a couple of versions of this story -
The Dragons Gate version.
The Dragons Gate is a series of rapids on the Yellow River, which once finally crossed by a carp: changes the carp into a dragon.

The other version is where a carp reaches such an age, and then transforms into a dragon.

There is somewhat about dragons becoming the rivers of China too, but that I'll leave to you, (unless I find it soon).

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Thanks a lot everybody and don't worry Gazroc, I don't want you to do my research for me. I appreciate(sp?) all your help and will do as you say...I'll put up my latest data, soon!
Sorry, my internet acess is limited so....I'll work hard!
Thanks again!!!

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 09:12 PM
link   
umm what kind of researcher???

cuz, dragons arent actually real. Theyre just fairytale stuff.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 09:34 PM
link   
yes, oh, and dragons mate whist flying, and the eggs, are sopossofly 2feet by 3feet, or something like that, try the google shearch.

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 01:42 AM
link   
www.cryptozooology.com has a link sry i forgot it , it only has european dragons tho

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 01:48 AM
link   
The only thing this kid will be documenting is his homework.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 01:49 PM
link   
oh and I'm a girl......

top topics

join