It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most important discovery of humankind on its way

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

See ET Fossil found by Wretch Fossil
www.wretch.cc...

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by LLTWF

First of all, that has nothing to do with the post you apparently answered to.

Second, the author of that page is doing things the wrong way; he looked at the photo of the meteorite and then he searched for similar things in biology images. He should first look into geology books and photos, to understand what are the normal and natural things that can be seen on a meteorite, then, when he knew what to expect in a meteorite, he could look for new explanations for things geology could not explain.

By looking first at biology as an explanation of geological features, he may (and most certainly is) be wasting precious time, efforts and resources following the wrong path.

It's more or less the same thing as someone looking at a book written in a different, unknown alphabet. We should learn first what are the characters used in that alphabet to know if that text as something written in a different alphabet.

Like Chinese characters mixed with Japanese characters, someone that doesn't know either characters cannot understand the difference, and if that person starts looking at the Korean alphabet to explain what he/she sees in that book, it will be a waste of time.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
The bottom line is that no geologists or mineralogists can confidently identify the structures marked in the figures.
Likewise, no geologists can ascertain what mineral is the "worm" found in world-famous meteoritle ALH84001.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by LLTWF

And what about people that are no geologists and no biologists either?

How do you know that, did the geologists and mineralogists said, specifically, that they didn't know what those things are or how they appeared?
edit on 28/6/2011 by ArMaP because: I misunderstood the post I was answering to.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Let's first consider the case of ALH84001. Geologists and mineralogists would say they are, or maybe, the broken remains of clays or phyllosilicate (or something else I forgot). However, no one could present a micrograph comaprable to the "worm" in ALH84001. If anyone could, there would be no controversy and NASA's scientist would apologize to all for wasting so much time and money.

The same thing happened with the minute fossils shown at www.wretch.cc...

No one could show a micrograph comparable to those shown above.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by LLTWF
Geologists and mineralogists would say they are, or maybe, the broken remains of clays or phyllosilicate (or something else I forgot). However, no one could present a micrograph comaprable to the "worm" in ALH84001.
Sorry, I don't understand what you mean by that.

Do you mean that no one could present another geological/mineralogical feature like the one in the meteorite?

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

That's what I meant--same-shape and same-size material that is from Earth.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by LLTWF

Did anyone asked for a comparison for similar features from Earth? I ask because, for a geologist or mineralogist, those features may be understood, so he/she doesn't see a reason to show similar things on Earth examples.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
The scientific world has been arguring about the "worm" for over 16 years. No such mineral has ever been found on Earth. I wonder why you cannot see the importance of such a micrograph.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by LLTWF

Sorry for not being clear about it.

What I wanted to ask is if the meteorite from which that micrograph was taken was submitted to the same studies and if the results were the same.

Was there a long debate about the features present on that meteorite, with a geological explanation and a biological explanation?

I ask because I don't know the meteorite from the link you posted, so I don't know its "history".

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   
..... most important discovery of humankind on its way....more than ever:

A potentially habitable alien planet — one that scientists say is the best candidate yet to harbor water, and possibly even life, on its surface — has been found around a nearby star.

The planet is located in the habitable zone of its host star, which is a narrow circumstellar region where temperatures are neither too hot nor too cold for liquid water to exist on the planet's surface.

"It's the Holy Grail of exoplanet research to find a planet around a star orbiting at the right distance so it's not too close where it would lose all its water and boil away, and not too far where it would all freeze," Steven Vogt, an astronomer at the University of California, Santa Cruz, told SPACE.com. "It's right smack in the habitable zone — there's no question or discussion about it. It's not on the edge, it's right in there."

Vogt is one of the authors of the new study, which was led by Guillem Anglada-Escudé and Paul Butler of the Carnegie Institution for Science, a private, nonprofit research organization based in Washington, D.C.

"This planet is the new best candidate to support liquid water and, perhaps, life as we know it," Anglada-Escudé said in a statement.

An alien super-Earth
The researchers estimate that the planet, called GJ 667Cc, is at least 4.5 times as massive as Earth, which makes it a so-called super-Earth. It takes roughly 28 days to make one orbital lap around its parent star, which is located a mere 22 light-years away from Earth, in the constellation Scorpius (the Scorpion).

"This is basically our next-door neighbor," Vogt said. "It's very nearby. There are only about 100 stars closer to us than this one."

Full article here

GJ 667Cc and GJ 667Cb

What's next?
edit on 3-2-2012 by elevenaugust because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonbreath
With the billions and billions of planets out there I think it would be naive to think there is not life out there somewhere. Humans have painted and carved images of what appears to be alien beings for thousands of years.

Theres lot of petroglyphs all over the World showing Painted or Carved Strange beings s
from 40,000 to 5 years ago Especially the Spiral with a Split Opening on Every Habitable Continent
Well if Alien have indeed came here...
of course they would of been in the Civilization Type 2 or 3
Far more Advance then we could Fathom and and of Course Thousands of Year Ahead of Us ..

Hell even some Scientist are Now thinking that this Universe just Could be a Simulation Copy ..
of an Original... Neil deGrasse Tyson ... Seem think think so now ... AND.. I have the Same Thought and
I would be on his team..

If this Universe actually is some kind of Simulation To ME.. this will explain a lot of how the world works
and the and less Riddles of Ancient Mystery it contains!

Neil deGrasse Tyson thinks there's a 'very high' chance the universe is just a simulation
www.businessinsider.com...

They are the Programmers Users We are The programs ..

Besides we have only looked into our Galaxy of Planets just recently , only a depth of 300 light years
mankind has only seen so far... looking for planets

There upon billions of Galaxy's in Our universe...
Of Course there is life in the universe! besides Earth...
In A Galaxy Far Far away ...

Jut Maybe Aliens ET's came here , on a Census Visit ...

Thousand of years ago... and the the Census Poll is pretty Much Due Again!
It would be a Big waste of Space if mankind are the Only ones here in this Galaxy that is Sentient!

There Got to be! Right...

let see what 2017 Brings and How many More Planets yet to be discovered

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP
Sorry, I don't understand what you mean by that.

Do you mean that no one could present another geological/mineralogical feature like the one in the meteorite?

See this

Nanobacteria and Nanobes- Are They Alive?

Created by Monica Bruckner, Montana State University
serc.carleton.edu...

Then See this

Evidence of Ancient Martian Life in Meteorite ALH84001?
hendrix2.uoregon.edu...

See the Similarity's ??

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 06:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wolfenz
See the Similarity's ??

Yes, I see the similarities, but that's not what I was asking, I was asking if nobody could present similarities with geological features.

Seeing similarities with living organisms doesn't mean that it doesn't have similarities with the result of geological processes, and as we are looking at a rock I think we should start by looking first at the known geological processes to explain what we see. If we can't find any geological explanation then we should look elsewhere, but only if we can't find an explanation on the more likely causes.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join