It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most important discovery of humankind on its way

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I Believe we are not alone and most likely been visited by our brothers and sisters from other planets for many years !!!!

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
we're justa cheap copy of a superior race , we're not natural , we're destroying the world , we believe we are better than other species on earth,.we truly believe that we own this world, were all insane

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by lewenhart

Before man there was no civilization on this planet, and no technological infrastructure or prescribed medication or the internet where most people today get their information from but choose only to believe what supports their own preconceptions. The data is out there if information filters are open, and examined.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

The ability to spectroscopically analyse a planet's atmosphere most certainly gives us the ability to detect life, wouldn't you agree?

To be honest, the further we progress in our ability to observe planets, the more interest the ethically balanced aliens will take in us as 'aliens of potential'. Not forgetting of course that our planet is already being visited, and that humanity has been the victim of some pretty nasty alien interference in the millennia to date.

In fact, I believe there may be merit in the suggestion that we are not the only intelligent life form inhabiting this planet. Sub-oceanic races are believed to exist, as well as subterranean races. Also possible is the idea of 'Avatar' races, living among us as if they themselves were humans. I'm swaying to the idea that these 'Avatar' races may well be our first official contact. And I'm not sure it's going to be positive.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyInTheOintment
The ability to spectroscopically analyse a planet's atmosphere most certainly gives us the ability to detect life, wouldn't you agree?
Doesn't it give us the ability to detect things that may be the by-products of life instead of life itself?

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
It is interesting, maybe disgusting or is the phrase "Not Worthy Of Regard" when we here these "Closet Geniuses" exposing the "False Leads" of NASA and other "False Fronts" who continue the propaganda about Rockets and Going to Mars and perpetuating BS about methods and technologies that are at least 40 or more years behind what is really available to humanity or would be available if all the "Black Projects" and doings of the "Secret Space Programs(s)) were revealed. For the billions in taxpayer funding, what is it they have really let us have for our money so far, Tang and foam mattresses?

I would steak my life on the truth being that some if many of the UFOs we see are made and flown by secret military operations and that there are every sort of new technology the "Government" is a front to fund but keep hidden. Zero Point Energy and all kinds of technology we don't get to hear about, let alone use.

I for one would not give another dime to NASA or any of these Science Programs until they cut the crap cut all the secrecy and show us where ALL OUR MONEY AND RESOURCES have gone. To Hell with NASA.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by elevenaugust

Do you realize how long people have been saying this crap...so what makes this day in age any different than the 80s and 90's

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
This is my first post to this site, i just signed up to speak in this thread. Searching for life outside of Earth has always been something that has fascinated me.
I believe that we are looking for extra terrestrial life all wrong. We believe that we have to be looking for life in habitable zones as we as humans require them. We have evolved to live on this planet (ie. oxygen, carbon, certain temperatures, etc) whose to say that certain species haven't evolved life based on their surroundings? We can't live in climates where the temperature is too cold or too hot. They might be able to. We do know that early man had thicker skin and more hair to handle the harsh climates, but as weather on Earth warmed up we evolved to handle that. Why can't extra-terrestrials?

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by MajorKarma

The government can't fully hide black projects because they would be built by private contractors from companies that are publicly traded. Stockholders would not swallow vast amounts of hidden expenditures, would they/you/I?

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by wynnb0677

Chemistry and biology points to finite perimeters, the ones you mention are still in the habitable zone they are focusing the search at. 0º C to 100º C, ie. liquid water.

Should an alien life form consist of pure energy then we could not have any meaningful interaction or understanding of them in the first place.

Non-carbon based life forms is proven not to be able to support cellular mass to evolve into terrestrial beings, that's where chemistry comes into play. Regardless of what we don't yet understand there has to be some parameters set to analyze continued measurements from, otherwise we'd be just throwing darts blindfolded.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Some of us already have proof of life elsewhere. The only problem is the proof is in our own eyes. No one can tell us differently either. Until you see you are still blind!

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
why... OH WHY everytime i have to read an answer to this kind of threads like "It's selfish to think we are alone". It's such a cliche... It has been used so much you aint contributing anything by writing this again and again and again.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I thoroughly outlined what I would accept as positive proof of extraterrestrial life and to what evolved connotation of the very description of life should be throughout this thread. Listening to what Joe or Rachel Ray saw does not satisfy those parameters. In Vivo or technological infrastructure observation are two that would satisfy the parameters that would put to bed this beast of philosophical debates.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   

I disagree with this model becoming standard practise in astrobiology as put simply. Unless we become acclimatised with just exactly what types of lifeforms are out there, and in what regions of space. Its simply naieve to think that every (if any) intelligent beings living on planets are adhering to the same astrophysics as we are. Perhaps 'they' are limited themselves to what planets they can visit due to gravitational/chemical forces. Just like in James Cameron's The Abyss they might not be a form of Carbon by Hydrological entities altogether.
We simply don't know.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Effectively what I was getting at..

Industrial activity might be one of the tell-tale signatures of an intelligent civilisation. Very advanced civilisations would likely have accounted for the fact that other races might be on the look-out, and as a result could have enabled either:

a) A detectable 'marker' to demonstrate their presence (encoding some form of rudimentary message in the chemical constitution of their atmosphere for example, or somehow engineering their solar system to make it obvious they are there - many ways they could achieve this) or...

b) A defence against discovery - perhaps they've had bad experiences with other races in the past (or are sensibly cautious) and have engineered their environment to look unoccupied to the (relatively) low-tech distant observer.

Either would be achievable to ourselves given a few hundred years of progress - my money is actually on the defensive posture (b) being adopted by intelligent and generally non-violent civilisations...

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Illustronic

Should an alien life form consist of pure energy then we could not have any meaningful interaction or understanding of them in the first place.

Not necessarily true. Angels, Devatas and so forth? You are anthropomorphising somewhat imho.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I think it's also important to note that if any possible extra-solar civilization is akin to us - their radio window will most likely be small. Consider this: The first radio broadcast strong enough to escape Earth was transmitted in 1936 (Hitler's Olympic Game speech). As the world digitizes, the radio wave length is becoming more and more obsolete and it's use continues to tapper off. If we were to cease using radio waves for communication by 2036 - any listening extra-solar civilization would only have 100 years of listening time. We would also have to bet that they were technologically advanced enough to receive radio transmissions. It is a very slim window and it would require a great deal of luck as they'd need to be listening just at the right moment, right frequency, right direction.

It is not a leap of logic to assume that there are civilizations 100's, 1,000's or 10,000's of years more advanced than we are. If that is the case, and their usage of radio waves for communication is as short as it appears ours will be, we will have already missed our window for receiving those transmissions because we simply did not have the capability of tuning in. We must start exploring other methods now.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Great job OP on a very nice thread star and flag. I can't read it all right now but will later. Thanks

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I believe we will find "life" but I think intelligent life is another matter. Even on our world with so much life and diversisty there is only one species that has developed intelligence enough to look into the stars.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by RUDDD

Agreed. According to ancient lore, there exist within our own atmosphere entities that possess subtle energetic/ 'etheric' bodies, and with whom we may occasionally interact without our full conscious knowledge (for example by their interaction with our EM-based consciousness, perhaps via the medium of dreams and so forth. The ancient Egyptian gnostics knew of them, for certain. Much folklore deals with 'elemental spirits', who are able to hide themselves from our sensory comprehension. The subterranean realms beneath the Mountain of Untersberg in Germany is apparently home to 'Gnomes' and other such intelligent creatures, which are able to dematerialise and coalesce their material forms into energetic 'orbs' at will. Skyfloating did a great thread on the matter some years ago. Will add the link soon.

We cannot limit our search of the universe to simple reproductions of what we personally hold as prerequisites for our own material existence. To do so would be to anthropomorphise and would constitute narrow-mindedness of a high order.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join