It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Notable Quotes

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

Neither of our posts got this thread on the recent posts board. Bummer.

I liked your Mark Twain Quote. Previously, I didn't attribute that to anyone in particular, just "truth is stranger than fiction"

"Art is a lie that makes us realize the truth" Pablo Picasso comes to mind.

I take that more like a "word to the wise is sufficient" than every conclusion derived from personal reflection on a work of art is correct.

Brutus's last words to Julius Caesar "How many eggs for breakfast today Caesar?"

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 01:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Semicollegiate

Neither of our posts got this thread on the recent posts board. Bummer.

I liked your Mark Twain Quote. Previously, I didn't attribute that to anyone in particular, just "truth is stranger than fiction"

"Art is a lie that makes us realize the truth" Pablo Picasso comes to mind.

I take that more like a "word to the wise is sufficient" than every conclusion derived from personal reflection on a work of art is correct.

Brutus's last words to Julius Caesar "How many eggs for breakfast today Caesar?"

Oh well maybe the next round it shall.

I do like the quote about Art being a lie making us realize Truth. Particularily when using it
in reference to atoms protons electrons etc. and of course angles/lines colour etc.

To which Caesar replied - Caesar: "Et tu, Brute!"

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   

People don't chose what benefits them the most, they choose what they think or believe benefits them the most. Ludwig von Mises

Everyone has a history of the world in their heads, whether they know it or not. It is what they base their decisions on.
R. J. Roberts -- History of the World introduction.

Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.

H. L. Mencken

Read more at www.brainyquote.com...

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Semicollegiate

“Perhaps they are not stars, but rather openings in heaven where the love of our lost ones pours through and shines down upon us to let us know they are happy.” Eskimo proverb.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

The tree dies and its wood remains, so something of our soul remains after death -- somewhere in Plato.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Attention is the mother of memory -- fortune cookie

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10
Quotes from Bryan Kemila of illuminatimatrix.wordpress.com

"Let me assure you, there will be no numbers or language in the awareness state. When these teachers say that knowledge will set us free, understand that this a complete lack of awareness. It is, of course, knowledge that placed us in this circumstance we now find ourselves in. Wisdom knows nothing. Knowledge thinks, it knows something."

"Remember, all thoughts are lies. Lies are thoughts that disconnect us from our awareness and form the 3 dimensional reality we only think is real and it is not. Everything 3 dimensional has a shape, colour and sound, and therefore becomes visible and totally deceiving. Removing these thoughts, staying in the moment, reconnects us with our awareness and eternal state, even as we stand here in our 3 dimensional form. We return instantly to the state of awareness. It’s just that quick and that simple."

The 3 dimensional curtain of deception, otherwise referred to a SINISTER FORM of HYPNOTIC MISDIRECTION, separates us from our natural state of wisdom, through awareness. The 3D perspective, everything we see, is a curtain formed in 3 directions – height, width and depth. Part of this 3 dimensional curtain is our physical body. The body has 5 physical sensors programmed to be receptive to the 3 dimensional illusion around us. The way these sensors pick up the signals from the 3D curtain is through subliminal messages. Subliminals are constructed through such techniques as simple shapes, sounds and colours, and then more complex, multi-layered methods, such as reverse imagery, reverse symbolism, distorted symbolism, reverse speech patterns, neuro-linguistic (brain language) programming techniques, and the elaborate use of the language and number systems, among other devious modes of manipulation.

This site discusses the root source of SUBLIMINAL MESSAGING. Through this messaging the luciferian-based THINKERS control and manipulate an illusory smoke and mirrors reality through indoctrination of the masses in intellectual and religious lunacy. Humanity is in a massive state of hypnosis. HUMANITY IS ITSELF, an illusory form, and the product of HYPNOTIC SUGGESTION. The consideration of this information WILL BREAK the TRANCE STATE.

The 3 dimensional illusion is CREATED BY THE THOUGHT PROCESS. Thinking is not being aware. Thinking is that thing any conscious being APPEARS TO DO to attempt to manipulate the future, or relive the pain/pleasure from the past. Both these time zones, the future and the past, do not exist. Therefore, thinking about them to manipulate them is a deception.

However, to consider what is happening in this moment is not called thinking. Staying in the moment and meeting the needs of the moment is awareness of the 3 dimensional space, albeit, an illusory space. To function within this 3D space requires that needs be met. Reality, and our true eternal wisdom state, extends beyond the 3D illusory forms, and that wisdom state simply knows everything through awareness, ALREADY. Our eternal wisdom state knows the manipulation process of the luciferian egregore group of thinkers.

Wisdom knows that this luciferian group plays god and plays the devil. Both of which are none existent. Wisdom, through awareness, sees how this group mindset bands together to manifest the reality they want all humanity to follow.

Knowledge is power -- Francis Bacon

There are some basic truths that can be understood by everyone. If everyone followed the truths, (I don't know whether all of the truths are know at this time in history), then subliminal messages would be ineffective, because subliminal messages always call for action on the part of the target that will go against the guiding truths.

Calls for political action are especially subliminal. No one knows what the final results of political action are, because all politically caused events disrupt natural economic and social activity.

There is no society does this or that, only individuals do this or that -- paraphrase of Ludwig von Mises.

We are only beginning to understand on how subtle a communication system the functioning of an advanced industrial society is based — a communications system which we call the market and which turns out to be a more efficient mechanism for digesting dispersed information than any that man has deliberately designed.

If man is not to do more harm than good in his efforts to improve the social order, he will have to learn that in this, as in all other fields where essential complexity of an organized kind prevails, he cannot acquire the full knowledge which would make mastery of the events possible.

Pretense of Knowledge, Nobel Prize acceptance speech by Freidrich von Hayek 1974

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   

People don't chose what benefits them the most, they choose what they think or believe benefits them the most. Ludwig von Mises

Everyone has a history of the world in their heads, whether they know it or not. It is what they base their decisions on.

Make that J.M. Roberts, sorry about that.

Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.

H. L. Mencken

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   

You need look no further than Shakespeare. There are hundreds of them.

Here are but a few:-

If music be the food of love, play on.

Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them.

All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players: they have their exits and their entrances; and one man in his time plays many parts, his acts being seven ages.

If you prick us do we not bleed? If you tickle us do we not laugh? If you poison us do we not die? And if you wrong us shall we not revenge?

What's in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet

Be not afraid of greatness: some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them

This above all; to thine own self be true.

Hell is empty and all the devils are here.

The wheel is come full circle.

Listen to many, speak to a few.

The course of true love never did run smooth.

What's done can't be undone.

The lady doth protest too much, methinks.

I must be cruel, only to be kind.

Neither a borrower nor a lender be.

Uneasy lies the head that wears a crown.

True is it that we have seen better days.

Why, then the world 's mine oyster.

This is the short and the long of it.

As good luck would have it.

He will give the devil his due.

He hath eaten me out of house and home.

I 'll not budge an inch.

I bear a charmed life.

I am a man more sinned against than sinning.

Out of the jaws of death.

The game is up.

I will wear my heart upon my sleeve.

T’is neither here nor there.

But, for my own part, it was Greek to me.

The worm has turned.

I cannot tell what the dickens his name is.

But love is blind, and lovers cannot see.

Not stepping o'er the bounds of modesty.

For you and I are past our dancing days.

etc etc.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Funny that, because i just came across this article on Shakespeare.

www.cbc.ca...

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Make that J.M. Roberts, sorry about that.

H. L. Mencken

Np thanks for that.
Quotes from Notables:

I wanted to change the world. But I have found that the only thing one can be sure of changing is oneself.
Aldous Huxley

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   
“The difference between a democracy and a dictatorship is that in a democracy you vote first and take orders later; in a dictatorship you don't have to waste your time voting.” – Charles Bukowski

“Sometimes I think that a parody of democracy could be more dangerous than a blatant dictatorship, because that gives people an opportunity to avoid doing anything about it.” - Aung San Suu Kyi

“No one is born hating another person because of the colour of his skin, or his background, or his religion. People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love, for love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite.” – Nelson Mandela

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   
“Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.” - William Pitt the Younger

“The two greatest obstacles to democracy in the United States are, first, the widespread delusion amongst the poor that we have a democracy, and second, the chronic terror among the rich, lest we get it.” – Edward Dowling

“Hate at any point is a cancer that gnaws away at the very vital centre of your life and your existence. It is like eroding acid that eats away the best and the objective centre of your life.” – Martin Luther King

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   
“If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom.” - Dwight D. Eisenhower

“I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear.” – Martin Luther King

“Happily for the busy lunatics who rule over us, we are permanently the United States of Amnesia. We learn nothing because we remember nothing.” – Gore Vidal

“Forgiveness is not an occasional act, it is a constant attitude.” – Martin Luther King

“To me the earth's most explosive and pernicious evil is racism, the inability of God's creatures to live as One, especially in the Western world.” - Malcolm X

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: lifttheveil

Eisenhower's farewell speech ranks very high...probably one of my favorites

However, what may be my absolute favorite is sports related...but I think it has applications to general living too.

"A lot of people run a race to see who is fastest. I run to see who has the most guts, who can punish himself into exhausting pace, and then at the end, punish himself even more." - Steve Prefontaine

That speaks to me a ton

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Kram09

Education is what survives when what has been learned has been forgotten.

B. F. Skinner

Society attacks early, when the individual is helpless.

B. F. Skinner

edit on 14-4-2015 by Semicollegiate because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Remembering that I'll be dead soon is the most important tool I've ever encountered to help me make the big choices in life. Because almost everything - all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure - these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important.
Steve Jobs

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Tacitus has a number of realistic quotes

We see many who are struggling against adversity who are happy, and more although abounding in wealth, who are wretched.

Tacitus

The more it hurts, the more important the lesson, to you.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Good thread.😊

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join