It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "awakening" of people? Yeah right !

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Let's discuss the so called awakening ok?

Since the internet serves the masses with home-made movies and text articles made by self proclaimed "professors" or "experts" who most of the time never enjoyed a proper education on scientific level, you see that more and more people claim to be "woken up" or to be "enlightend". I would like to discuss this matter, before web 2.0 you did not have this phenoma of "waking up" or self proclaimed enlightment. Now people see a movie on youtube about the illuminati or freemasons or whatever, and they think they "know it all". They also think they have the right to call other people who have not been woken up "sheeps" or "sheeple", why are woken up people so arrogant? If they are really woken up or enlightend the logical result would be that hey would withdraw from it and only speak when spoken to in a decent matter.

So what is happening? To me things like youtube, godlikeproductions, ATS, VC, Alex Jones, David Icke and all others are just some major distraction tools.

Hopefully this will not end in an endless flamewar....

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by notimportant

Indeed a valid point. And one should be warey of a person who only cites the like of youtube, GLP, ATS etc etc etc as proof and evidence of the man behind the curtain.

However what it has enabled people to do that they could never do before. is to access information at a speed never seen before. To recall information that would otherwise be lost in a mountain of paper.

This has made the job of TPTB of getting away with anything unnoticed just that little bit harder. So in my opinion, it has become easier to spot, analyze and distribute corruption and inconsistencies, combined with research manpower availability that was previously unheard of. even by the world best funded research universities.

This is what gives us the power. However the draw back, as you say is the people that, instead of doing proper research, scratch the surface, and think that is that.

but it is the same as it has always been.

In times past it was the man in the pub. who read the tabloids, and though he knew everything.

Those that are awake, truly realize the potential that we have at our fingertips. (literally) and the even more awake realize how we can use it to our advantage.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by JakiusFogg

Between the "perversions" there is always a little bit of truth about the whole matter, but people who claim to have been woken up clearly haven't found it yet !

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
And...before internet, nobody knew what was going on. I didn't know half the stuff that was going on with the world and the governments until I found ATS And GLP. I'm so glad I found it. I believe I'm awakened but not the way other people are here, where they distance themselves from the world. I look at the world differently like when I go to a club or bar, I look around and think to myself how these people are like zombie's. Its almost as they are controlled to see what they are supposed to see and act as if we are the only ones in the universe. Its hard to explain, not that you probably care. I find myself appreciative of nature and thankful for what the earth has given us, even though we are destroying what's left of it. I guess I'm Just more "aware" of who I am as a being. I still enjoy life and hardly distant myself. Being truely awake, you would accept all people and not make negative remarks to the "unawake" so I agree on that one Op.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by innervision0730

That's not true, before the internet there were many people who knew what was going on. You could read BOOKS, or magazines, or self-produced writing. Magazine culture is so atrophied these days that it's hard to imagine that it was once a thriving source of mainstream and alternative information. How do you think conspiracy theories made their way around the world in the past? Through the mail.

P.S. reading a book is still a million times more informative than three days on the internet. This place is a dump.
edit on 14-5-2011 by SmedleyBurlap because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Why are closed minded people so closed minded?

just askin.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I believe what you are describing is more commonly know as Narcissism. Someone ruled by their ego. Refusal to see things from a different perspective, always have to be right.

But, I might be wrong!

I have met those you mention, more often than not on utube, its entertaining to debate with them for a while, then it usually ends with me being blocked by them. I need to change my approach I think.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Could it not be said that an awake person is awake, regardless of how blurry their vision, or belligerent their attitude. i.e. open to knew possibilities. But like someone with a hang over, does not necessarily know who they got there, or why they have this road cone! But awake none the less.
edit on 14/5/2011 by JakiusFogg because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
If you are still judgmental, then you are still asleep. I'm talking in general here, not just to the TS. A lot of posters here think that they are already enlightened because they discovered that there is a secret government and that almost every aspect of our lives is controlled by them. That is not enlightenment. True enlightenment is discovering yourself and realizing that everyone is connected. You have to discover your spiritual side first before you can really say that you are enlightened.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by eXia7

IMHO They are afraid of what is really going on in this world, and it is so much easier to ignore anything that does not fit into their concept of normal and easy. Get up, go to work, come home, eat dinner, watch american idol or any number of these ridiculous shows that are on tv these days, go to bed, repeat process. That is the easy thing to do, the safe thing to do, god knows we American's as a whole are all about easy. Easy credit, Fast food, mortgages we cannot afford and know it. I sure as hell don't claim to be "enlightened" or "awakened", but I do want to be Aware. Sometimes this is a little scary, sometimes it causes anxiety, but if we all choose to have a closed mind, the "easy way" this world would truly be in worse shape than it already is.
End of comment "rant"
I am going to bed now, hide under the covers in the fetal position and suck my thumb

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by seekingtruths
I am [color=gold]going to bed now, hide under the covers in the fetal position and suck my thumb

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/85b45034cab0.png[/atsimg]

"Go back to bed America.
You are Free to do as we tell you!
You are Free to do as we tell you!"

-Bill Hicks
edit on 14-5-2011 by davidgrouchy because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-5-2011 by davidgrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   

I believe many people who carry that attitude are doing it because they feel empowered with the knowledge they believe to be the "truth" and don't know how to properly express it. They are young.

It seems like a reaction of someone who doesn't know how to take all of this and deal with it in every day life. I agree that some people are a bit arrogant but truly feel it's the only way some people can output the feeling of helplessness mixed with apparent enlightenment.

I notice many of my friends who I would consider "awake" are really depressed and now prefer being at home and avoiding people. I guess some people deal with it differently.

A lot of the youtube videos are made by people like us, who are just trying to put forth the knowledge they have picked up. As for some sites being plants, sure they may just be. What better way to sidetrack people like us than by making us feel disassociated with the rest of the world, get lost and feel like there is no way out. I feel that way when I listen to Alex Jones.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Kevin Smith has been on the internet since 95 with his own website and forum View Askew.

In this video he talks about how he finally broke his tie with the internet,
and what the experience was like. It interesting on the grounds
that being so far ahead of the curve, many of us may find
ourselves looking back on the experience with
the same view when we move on.

David Grouchy

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by JakiusFogg

Indeed a valid point. And one should be warey of a person who only cites the like of youtube, GLP, ATS etc etc etc as proof and evidence of the man behind the curtain.

I will take this one step further.

I am always wary of anyone at all who (on a conspiracy site or other "awoken chosen" website) takes a very firm stance on one side of an issue. To me clearly they are not open to alternate possibility typically, and instead either have an agenda OR are not awake but, simply attention seekers.

To me it's always been a reality that, to be TRULY awoken, you must be awake ENOUGH to see all sides of an issue, whether that be in understanding and trying to grasp contextually what is being said in written word; whether or not you can understand your OWN inability to be correct or to have thought things through completely; whether or not you have all the information available to you to make an informed decision about a particular topic.

Information is not always GOOD information, it is usually just information. To me, the information superhighway was a huge misnomer, instead they should have segregated it long ago and created the information superhighway and the valid information superhighway.

With respect to the "so called experts", well I have double thoughts on that. I feel in a way, that if someone studies a topic long enough and DOES in fact, get valid information, then their viewpoints and conclusions can carry an equal amount of weight as anyone who had a formal education in it. To me, the piece of paper defining the basis of their qualified opinion or conclusions is not as important as the value of the methods used to draw the conclusions or opinions. Yet, if someone uses Youtube to draw all their conclusions, well.... the end.
edit on 14-5-2011 by alphabetaone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Do you mind if I challenge some of what you've said for just a minute? Only to make a point, not to be argumentative.

Originally posted by innervision0730
And...before internet, nobody knew what was going on. I didn't know half the stuff that was going on with the world and the governments until I found ATS And GLP.

Did you find them? Or did you seek them out? Either consciously or subconsciously? If you sought them out, then likely, you were already far more informed than you might think and you merely wanted to hear others confirm what you already knew....that something wasn't right, or something WAS right and the world at large was saying it was wrong.

I look at the world differently like when I go to a club or bar, I look around and think to myself how these people are like zombie's. Its almost as they are controlled to see what they are supposed to see and act as if we are the only ones in the universe.

Next time you're with a group of your friends, ask them all what the 3 branches of Government are, then ask them who Snooki is? Note to yourself the percentages.

I think the determinant on what awake tends to be, is the level at which people want to absorb critical information. I see things this way, if you want to change a branch of Government, you need to know first which ones exist, and knowing who a reality TV star is wont help you with that...I think in general people are far too concerned with their personal entertainment, that the important things get brushed away, so of course they all look like zombies and act the part - at the end of the day, they don't have the tools handy to look otherwise.

Being truely awake, you would accept all people and not make negative remarks to the "unawake" so I agree on that one Op.

Indeed, it is a teachers responsibility to inform the ignorant, not to deride them for being ignorant in the first place.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Everyone's an expert on the internet.

Anyway..

I had mentioned this in another post..but it does seem as if those who claim to be "awake" are just falling into much more deeper state of sleep.
No longer sheep, but pawns.

They no longer see good in the world, or they have a grandiose like expectation of a good that is to come.

How many times has the end of the world been predicted?

How many times has a alien visitation been predicted?

How many times has an event to "save" man kind been predicted?

How many times have people said "this is it the NWO and FEMA will now take over! MASS COFFINS EVERYWHERE! COLOR CODED MAILBOXES HURDURDUR!"

They want to talk about the governments false flag events but come on! what the hell are you doing by saying these things are going to happen telling people to wake up because it's time for whatever event to happen...I've seen people pack up and head for the hills based of these theories, waste their time money, people who weren't mentally and physically able to do these things forced into a state of panic..

I'm sorry but they are not awake, they are stuck in a sleep paralysis like state of infinite doom and gloom.
They are the worst of the worst.
They say they are fighting for their lives, that others need to wake up now because this is happening NOW!...while NOW never happens and they just moved onto the next now and before they know it that life they were trying to preserve and keep safe is gone and they die of a heart attack or some other natural cause without knowing what living ever felt like.

They sensationalize these major events that are ripped from movie and TV scripts while all the real problems they should be fighting for are being ignored, never noticed while they're making their little bug out bags and at home geiger counters.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by pop_science

Can I give you my personal perspective on your thoughts?

I doubt highly the majority of people who make these sensationalist claims actually have any harm or maligned intent in mind when they do so. Quite frankly, I think they are lonely, and need the attention. And when I say need, I truly mean need. In some ways, my heart goes out to them, much as I know there are people who will be swayed and take it all seriously.

Like you, I try to maintain the objective middle-ground and present it so that any readership on a topic has alternate ways of looking at things...BUT there are those who will see with one-way eyeglasses.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Once someone's mind explodes, they take in everything for a while. It takes time to "decompress" and reason through one's experiences, perceptions, and beliefs. Before this process, the newly "awakened" add on layers of various beliefs as a coping mechanism for this new massive influx of information. As one matures into an expanded awareness of one's self and the world, balance arrives and one no longer has need for such labels as "awakening" or even "spiritual enlightenment". You see it just as a show, a para-spiritual egoism. One by one the inaccurate beliefs are assessed based on results of one's experiences, in line with one's hierarchical valued system, and done away with as deeper understandings unfold.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Very true. People don't realize that however bad the world looks, it still falls within the grand scheme of things. There are reasons why a majority are not awakened. The whole "we are better than they" attitude is elitist and anything elitist carries the mark of the negative side. Thanks for this thread

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

I became awake 30 years ago by way of the medium of books. I do understand why people who do know what's going on become frustrated with people who laugh at the facts. With the exception of a few patches of ground now and again, the planet is ruled by psycopathic mass-murderers, and I'm not just talking about war. They really do believe that he (or she) who dies with the most toys (and power, and atrocities under their belts) wins.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join