It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

86 planets to be searched for aliens

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
That's great news! I've been hanging, waiting for results from the Kepler telescope. This might result in some big news. I'm excited to see how this develops!
Cheers.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I am suspicious of this ......I do believe in alien life forms from other planets...but...how do we know that this is not a ploy...for more of a coverup.....they will say they hunted for alien life forms and then say they didn't find any.....(even if they do)....to try and coverup more....... and discourage us believers...That is what I think...I'm just saying....

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I am more scared were gonna provoke something we dont want. Like calling in some warring civilation worse than humans.....cue the music dun dun dun!!!

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
If we do find a signal it would be interesting. Lets hope we do.

I know they have been searching with SETI for a long time its nice to know they can actually aim for the planets Kepler found now.

I read about the building a large telescope array in South Africa or Australia maybe we can get images of the planets eventually....

Or detect extremely weak radio signals.

As well as detect the planets constituents with spectral line data.
en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 14-5-2011 by TheUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
lol yep lets just broadcast our location, this could end up bad if they find what they are looking for or good, but i believe that this should have been put to the world. If they do find what they are looking for lets hope they are nothing like humans and our nature for self destruction and resource wars, for all we know anything could be out there, next we know we have another species on the way here for our resources. If we kill each other for greed and money what makes anyone think that are not like minded.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I'm not sure if I got it wrong, but isn't what we see, 15 million light years away,something that happened about 15 million years ago since that's the time it took for light to arrive to us?

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by mars1

How come all of the links are from Iran, India, and Australia? Why hasn’t the American MSM covered it?

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by mars1

I can't wait until the announcement of the data!

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
IMO nothing will be found because there's nothing to be found. I still believe we are alone. You all might believe this is naive thinking, but, I do have a feeling, it's just us and this search is futile.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by spurge
IMO nothing will be found because there's nothing to be found. I still believe we are alone. You all might believe this is naive thinking, but, I do have a feeling, it's just us and this search is futile.

not arguing with you, but i feel that if we're alone...we dont exist. billions of galaxies, even more suns....and we're the only ones?? a waste of such a universe IMO.
edit on 14-5-2011 by ahmonrarh because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Not getting my hopes up... If our planet is anything to judge the odds by, then we are in for a very long search. Oh, I can see the tongue in cheek comments now... Yes, yes humanity is stupid I get it, but contradictory beings we are.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ahmonrarh

Originally posted by spurge

not arguing with you, but i feel that if we're alone...we dont exist. billions of galaxies even more suns....and we're the only ones?? a waste of such a universe IMO.

Would only be a waste if the Universe were intended for life in the first place. This is were I have a paradox in my thinking. If the Universe is intended to harbor life, then it would appear to me that it's by design, ie: a god or intelligent being of some sort.

If it was just a big bang, and random matter was just scattered everywhere, the chances of an Earth like planet existing with complex life developing into intelligent beings, ie: us, would be incredibly remote, to almost impossible in the Universe's short life.

This is all my personal opinion though, but, i'm always open to the possibilities of other life, but i do think it's not there.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Legion2024
next we know we have another species on the way here for our resources. If we kill each other for greed and money what makes anyone think that they are not like minded.

Let's just hope they get poor rates on the €uro then

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I hope they have a warrant. Oh wait, that's another thread.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I knew E.T. Was out there O.O

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ATSecretAgent

Well said, my thoughts exactly!

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Seekeye2

I have a link to a Nasa doc. it was approved for release on 10-21-2004 the Doc. is in pdf from. ET as all reddy called us.

www.nsa.gov/public_info/_files/ufo/key_to_et_messages.pdf check it out
just copy and paste

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by mars1

HEY! that's avatar is from one of my favorite games...wow I haven't even thought about that game or that lovable character in a while. What was his name again?

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I'm sorry people, this whole radio idea is so stupid, even setti. Aliens all have telepathy, they don't use radio.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Here are three possible outcomes;

1) Nothing will be found.

2) Something will be found, BUT either the founders are "dead from natural cause" a few days later or they are straight-up censored by the government and forced to sign a national security agreement not to disclose; otherwise they will be charged with treason and such.

3) TPTB will use this opportunity to disclose "We are not alone, first contact is made by the effort of this programs, blah blah blah.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join