It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SMALLVILLE 10year Final Finale opens with RED PLANET coming around Saturns rings..

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
It's on right now!!! Sorry, this is my first post so I hope it is in the right place..
Anyway, it's the End Of Days in Smallville, but they got Superman!!!
What are we to do with this tangled web they've Weaved??

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Cannon

The red planet is probably made out of Krptonite which renders superman powerless.

I imagine the series will end with him becoming forever powerless.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
last week, if u saw it, had the superman suit in the fortress of solitude..
so I imagine that's where it is heading and ending.. but if you are watching this
it is so tied up with what is going on in this world that is is blatantly obvious..

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Cannon

I watched the first 2 seasons and gave up on it. I am a true Superman fan and have been for the last 30 years. I have an extensive collection of superman comic books and as a true fan (not saying you aren't) I cannot stand how they portrayed him in smallville.

Its just 90210 with a superhero that has the same powers as superman.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
and they just showed a commercial for the New "Falling Skies" show...

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Becoming

I don't watch the series (never have, though I've seen a few eps since my brother has seen 'em all), but if that was true, couldn't Superman find an equally large object to throw at it to make it explode/halt it/knock it off track?

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I agree with some of what you said.. It got better after the early seasons and then took a nose dive... in my opinion..
but I still like it...

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
it's wild seeing this giant red planet from the camera angle they show, on the ground looking up..

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
There are a lot of similarities to the whole 2012 conspiracy thing ... makes me wonder if their writers are members of ATS (and get their ideas from here - actually, from us). Red Planet approaching earth, Mark of the Beast, Alien Darkness, Greek & Egyptian symbolism and the Saviour of the planet. There are perhaps many more examples, but as on off and on watcher of the show and a Superman fan since a boy, the idea came to me tonight as I was watching it with my nephew.

Good/interesting catch, OP - whether it is true or not, at least you have some similar thinkers.

Additional items: nuclear fallout, population reduction, rapture ...
edit on 13-5-2011 by alyoshablue because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
there are too many similarities.. just too many!!! I've been watching the show so I did not take the time to point out EXACTLY what u wrote above.. And ya, it does feel good to have like-minds....

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Loved this finale...the very last shot of Clark on the rooftop doing the Superman ritual of getting ready to fly off to save someone...ripping his shirt open showing his S logo...ahhhh, brought a tear to my eye.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
ya i called that.. it sucks its ending... I've watched that from the very beginning...
time to take off the duh dint duh dinz.....................................lol

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
They ended it well, but the whole finale felt very lackluster to me. Clark destroys Darkseid/Lionel in one hit and then pushes Apokolips out of the way? I'm glad I've watched the program enough to know not to expect an action show. They could have done a better job building up the showdown all season but a lot of the episodes were wasted on nonsense.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
AWWW i got a kick outa it!
the music, the suit, the whole kit n kabbodle.
Wish theyd make superman movies now, not that last nonsense that came out.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Did anyone else notice the reference to potential nuclear fallout killing "one third" of the population?

It reminded me of the biblical prophecies on the blowing of the trumpets.

Link: www.biblenotes.net...

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I loved the episode, I really can't say just how much but the word EPIC comes to mind. But am I the only one who felt a little cheated that we never got a proper shot of him in the suit? That ending was superb, the music is so iconic (they'd better use it for the new film) and I was just bursting with excitment, but they could have taken it a step futher and have him fly round the earth just as Superman has done so many times at the end of the movies.

So what now? Is this really the end? OR might they move on to a Superman TV series? Possibly titled Metropolis? Probably just wishful thinking

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by DJKris

You are right..we were cheated out of the whole suit shot! Wonder why they didn't give us that? I would have loved to see Tom Welling standing there in the whole get up!

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by zazzafrazz
Wish theyd make superman movies now, not that last nonsense that came out.

New Superman movie getting ready to start production very soon.

Superman played by Henry Cavill.

The villain will be Zod.

Rumor is that it will be nothing like Smallville or any of the previous Superman movies. They are going for a true reboot.

I just hope it's good and does Superman proper justice.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Smallville final finale is the most *beep*up finale I've seen in years.....it should be something like all members of Justice League face their nemesis for the first time.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by the_0bserver85
Smallville final finale is the most *beep*up finale I've seen in years.....it should be something like all members of Justice League face their nemesis for the first time.

Why would that make any sense? This is story about Clark Kent becoming Superman, not the Justice League.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join