It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did the U.S. use invisible soldiers to conduct Osama raid?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by pop_science

At the 4:43 mark on your video to the far right hand side where this "Invisible" soldier comes in you can see a full view of him.
The camoflage is his uniform is a different color that matches the background and the other soldiers are wearing a green print.
Tan desert camo vs the newer stuff.
Video compression also plays a big part here.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
may be a alien.....

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Okay so if the video sucks, it does not discount the article that says the army and Mit teamed up to develop invisible soldiers in 2002.

So even if the video is fake, the original supposition can still be asked, relating to the delicate nature of the raid (pakistans own internal struggles, and military capability), that the US would use all its toys to complete it what ever they may be.

And okay if it was a just a navy seal team (sarcasm i know thats a powerful weapon) With a standard stealth heli I guess thats cool, but damn it i want to live in a world with invisible soldiers.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

I've encountered everything from Blackwater, to Japanese troops in Iraq. Spent some time near/with some seals, Special Forces types and some Long-Range Reconnaissance, etc. It's rather uncommon that you simply meet one another in the field, and start merging/working with each other for no particular reason. Some circumstances change that, such as the odd helo crash or IED wreck, and such.

This would be something that everyone might stop and assist each other with. Even then, however, everyone is still minding their own business and everyone has their own mission with a strict time-frame. Encountering death and destruction is not an odd occurrence in some areas, so it's likely that if separate units stopped to talk to each other at all, it would be to check if the situation has any extraordinary circumstances, in which most cases it does not.

Most units are self-sustaining in the field. Even if a vehicle or two is wiped out, there is still room/resources to carry on. So yea, special circumstances apply. Halting missions can be a bad thing in the schemes of one day. Even to the point of creating huge buffers of inactivity (fog of war), defeating the purpose of even being outside the wire.

However the grand schemes of Iraq are pretty much a complete and utter waste. But this is what the military is doing nonetheless, sustaining as it is.
edit on 13-5-2011 by SyphonX because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
reply to post by g146541

Okay so if the video sucks, it does not discount the article that says the army and Mit teamed up to develop invisible soldiers in 2002.

True

So even if the video is fake, the original supposition can still be asked, relating to the delicate nature of the raid (pakistans own internal struggles, and military capability), that the US would use all its toys to complete it what ever they may be.

I don't think they would risk this kind of tech falling into the wrong hands.

And okay if it was a just a navy seal team (sarcasm i know thats a powerful weapon) With a standard stealth heli I guess thats cool, but damn it i want to live in a world with invisible soldiers.

Although I love living in this world I would dread the thought of them having invisible soldiers.

How long before we have invisible police watching us everywhere?

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

And of course anyone one involved in all this, Soldiers that is, have their oaths to follow regarding anything top secret they may have seen.

I had a friend who works with the reactors on Navy ships, and I jokingly asked him if he worked with anything cool, he just Looked at me and said "Ben, I wouldn't even tell my mom so f-off."

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

I think the purpose of this mission will never really be known, at least the motives behind it. So true on the surface maybe it wasn't called for.

But if we assume maybe this had nothing to do with kill Osama, but more to do with Killing someone in a sovereign nation (Pakistan has already warned us not to do it again) to prove a point maybe?.

And lastly yes its damn scary invisible troops, but like with all things how long before they have something better anyway and this gets let out to other industries. (maybe not invisible but a car you could change the color to on demand would be cool as hell)

There was an article that triggered all this thought in me, heres a post about it. Tri corder is here.

Im reading ATS on a PADD (ipad) see a news article about the next Xprize being a tricorder, then I remember an old USA today story about a Cloak. The US spends 600billion on defense more than the rest of the world combined, is this really that far fetched?
edit on 13-5-2011 by benrl because: Added

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
So far both versions posted in this thread have been edited. A couple of years ago I uploaded the original to ATS's Media section. because it kept getting removed from youtube for some odd reason..

For what it's worth here is the uncut/unedited original

(click to open player in new window)

edit on 13-5-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by benrl

I wouldn't have used the video, it kind of discredits the idea, but who knows what was used in that raid.

There are stories about robots, stealth helicopters, microwave weapons, and now we have optical camo to add to the mix.

Now I'm just waiting for the psychics, powered exoskeletons, and cyborg supersoldier programs to show up.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I don't know about the invisibility part of it, but pictures of that exploded helicopter doesn't resemble any helicopter I've ever seen. Helicopters make a lot of noise when landing, so it would be kind of counter productive if these guys were invisible. Having said that, if it's true these special forces had invisible technology, than that helicopter not only had to have stealth technology, but the engine and blade noise had to have some kind of noise reduction technology.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join