It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sharks dying by the dozens off California due to internal bleeding

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
The article said "no big spill was reported over the last several months".

WHAT????

Fukushima!? Remember?? They dumped untold thousands of gallons of highly radioactive water/waste into the ocean....a few months ago...

AND the Pacific currents would take it straight from Japan to North America.
North Pacific Gyre wiki

I am not saying that is what caused the internal bleeding, I would tend to actually blame some other type of chemical spill rather than Fukushima. But no one can say factually that there has not been any big spills lately. We have factual evidence that Fukushima caused one of the worst individual spills in history...

Fukushima, what's that? Nobody cares about that anymore! OBL is dead!

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
This is just terrible. Looks like I won't be going to the beach anytime soon. I hope this mystery can be solved with actual facts rather then playing the "what if" scenario. The true question is will this be all that washes up on the shore or will whales and dolphins be next?

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Reading it through again it said dozens of sharks washed up and (one) suffered internall bleeding...

So thats 3% at maximum that sufferred internal bleeding.

I'm not surmising the result just the headline because the report said one shark had intenral bleeding and your headline said dozens are dying due to internal bleeding.

ATS really is mainstream media...!~

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
This is terrible..

Maybe this is due to the nuclear spill in mississippi, it just happened less than a week ago and it spilled out a lot of tritium into the mississippi river.. i'm not sure if that river runs into the ocean, but just a thought.

here is a link regarding the spill.

Nuclear accident in Mississippi

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
One of the main side affects of exposure to Corexit - hemorrhaging.

From all the way from the Gulf? Seriously? And, from such a long time ago?

Why aren't sharks dying in Florida??? Why weren't there any reports of sharks dying nearer to the time and in the area of the Gulf???

THINK people THINK.

Sounds like a bunch of BAD guesses and loose connections you're making!

And for radioactive material to get from Japan to CA, well then we'd have to wonder about all the marine life in between and near Japan. Where are the reports for all of those dead animals? Oh let me guess, "media blackout"...until it hits CA.

Why can't we just say we don't know why they died? It could easily be for some other reason.

I swear this site makes me sick, with all the assumptions that always are blaming things on other people. Everything becomes a conspiracy here. To me, that leads to false assumptions. "When it doubt just make a conspiracy out of something." Way to always blow things out of proportion.

Just WAIT and why not accept an alternative answer? What happened to having an acceptable mystery and saying "We are not sure." Why must it always be turned into some evil plot.

Just gross negativity. Who knows really why the sharks are bleeding?

We don't know! That's all we know.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Oh come on.

We all know it's due to lack of oxygen and fireworks.

What else could it possibly be ? The waters are pristine !

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by MyNameIsEarlB
This is terrible..

Maybe this is due to the nuclear spill in mississippi, it just happened less than a week ago and it spilled out a lot of tritium into the mississippi river.. i'm not sure if that river runs into the ocean, but just a thought.

here is a link regarding the spill.

Nuclear accident in Mississippi

Another crazy idea. So the waste gets from the Gulf of Mexico ALL the way to California. We don't hear of problems with sharks bleeding near MS or the water between here and there, but when it gets to CA, the sharks are affected.

By the way, please explain to me how water gets from the Gulf to California. Did you even consider that or just like to throw out crap for other people to figure out for you?

Nonsense! Deny ignorance!!!

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
she and her son tried to save some of the sharks by returning them to the water, but "they'd swim right back, thrashing their heads against the shore ... as if they were trying to commit suicide."

This single sentence alone scares me... The idea that animals are in such distress that they are disobeying their natural striving for survival at all costs and attempting to kill themselves.

Something is horribly, terribly wrong when this occurs. I feel like a great evil is sweeping over the earth, and soon it won't be just the animals trying to end their suffering, but people dying in mass numbers after finding death preferable to existence here.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by daynight42

Duude quit harshing everyone's mellow, man

I totally agree with you, must have been an isolated incident or we would've seen way more marine life dead along the path.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

didn't the navy just run some big excercise/ test thing in the pacific off the coast of ca.? It seems like I heard something about it on the radio. People were trying to raise awareness about it and protesting it etc...

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by JustBreathe11

I totally agree with you, must have been an isolated incident or we would've seen way more marine life dead along the path.

Except there is no path. Most of the dead fish, whales, and dolphins will sink to the bottom if they are not
eaten first. I do agree that if it was from the radiation we would be seeing more and different species
washing ashore. Not just the sharks. Baffling and sad indeed.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

My first thought is under water volcanoes...there's over 2 million of them. They are heating up our oceans.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Another possibility, which we most likely would be unaware of, would be the use of depth charges... I offer this up as a real explanation as we see mass deaths taking place by species now Im sure you guys realize a depth charge would be a localized blast and hmmm fish swim in schools....
edit on 14-5-2011 by 5StarOracle because: add

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by 5StarOracle
Another possibility, which we most likely would be unaware of, would be the use of depth charges... I offer this up as a real explanation as we see mass deaths taking place by species now Im sure you guys realize a depth charge would be a localized blast and hmmm fish swim in schools....
edit on 14-5-2011 by 5StarOracle because: add

I had that thought too, but wouldn't a naval exercise had been offered up off the bat? I do like the comments about if it were radiation or corexit there would be fish dead along the way from the gulf same with radiation. Maybe we should use google earth or similar program to check the oceans between here and Japan although curious if that far out if sharks wouldn't eat the fish before we noticed that far out.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   

"they'd swim right back, thrashing their heads against the shore ... as if they were trying to commit suicide."

can anyone explain this? Is this normal behavior when fish or mammals get injured? Surely they wouldn't want to kill them selfs that just not right. can sharks get inner ear infections?

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by daynight42

First, I merely pointed out that hemorrhaging was a side effect of Corexit exposure. Second, dispersants are used world wide, in particular in ports and at sea when there may be a spill related to transporting petroleum products. But, as many have said, radiation causes break down of the bone marrow which also results in internal bleeding. However, we really have no idea where these sharks traveled in their migration or what they were exposed to until autopsy results can be completed. I'll not apologize for discussing the possibilities on a discussion board.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
My first thought was corexit too. This is EXACTLY what they said would happen after the corexit and oil mixed, but were specific to say that it would happen later not immediatly. I know that radiation would be a more likely candidate, but I do have to wonder about the corexit...it just fits the symptoms more. I wonder where they made the corexit, and where they dumped the first round of corexit that they found was too toxic.?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join