It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Laci Peterson

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Right now, only a few people know what new "evidence" has been found. Mark Geragos (Scott's lawyer) is the one who has said it has the potential to prove Scott is innocent.

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by dcgolf
Mark Geragos (Scott's lawyer) is the one who has said it has the potential to prove Scott is innocent.

This should prove to be interesting. Do you mind keeping us informed of any new developments, for those of us who might not be near a media source?

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Amber Frey's testamony has only made this trial that much more sordid. I surely can't imagine that Peterson could ever be painted in a worse light than he is at the hands of Frey. His telling her that he was calling from France to explain his inability to spend time with her. Calling her while the candlelight vigil was being set up.

Certainly, Frey is besmirching her own character by revealing the intimate details of their affair. Although she is clearly a victim, she is hardly a sympathetic character. I do agree that she is very brave to testify to these matters or she is the consummate exhibitionist.

Most legal pundits believe that Frey's testamony is of little consequence and that the defense will have little reason to cross-examine her at length.

It remains to be seen if Peterson will take the stand. Most legal pundits even if they believe he commited the murder, do not believe that the prosecution has as yet, established guilt.

I still feel that the case does not stack up. Peterson was clearly a vulnerable man and even if those who killed Laci, assuming that Peterson, did not, could not have picked a better target, considering how guilty Peterson would appear.

Whatever the verdict, I would say that Peterson's life is over. Unless, of course, he's offered his own reality TV show.

[edit on 04/8/12 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 02:32 AM
link   
In my opionion, Scott Peterson will be found guilty, Amber Frey's testimony/ and taped phone calls with Scott, helped the "State" show that Scott had motive, intent, desire, and the ability to carry out the heinous crimes he has been charged with, but if he didn't do the deed hisself, he said he knew who did it, which makes Scott an accomplice to the crime , even if he had hired a hitman,........... Scott's still guilty. Scott's guilty, he did it and he will be found guilty.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by nanna_of_6
he said he knew who did it, which makes Scott an accomplice to the crime

Your points are well taken, but there is still a strong possiblity that Laci was murdered by someone else and he maybe willing to reveal that information on the stand. If I am not mistaken, there is still unrevealed "exculpatory" evidence.

Peterson is the obvious suspect, but so far nothing about this case has been obvious.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 05:09 AM
link   
The only way I can see Scott beating the charges against him is on a Acquittal on the grounds of Insanity and ordered to be committed to a State hospital for the criminally insane until he is found sane of a right mind to know the difference of right and wrong again so he could stand trial again, BUT I really don't see that happening in this case, the phone calls, his behavior, Amber's telling of what went on between them, the "tracking hound" following Laci's scent from the house to the driveway ( up by the house) and the scent ending as if Laci had gotten into a car/truck, etc,.... among other things shown/to be shown , and the other wittnesses testimonies, I'd say Scott was done for. There was other "defence lawyer's" on Courttv today talking about this case and they even said Scott's goose was cooked pretty much after Amber's testimony from yesterday and today by the way the jurors were acting.

Scott might as well give it up and save the State and tax-payors some money.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

Originally posted by nanna_of_6
he said he knew who did it, which makes Scott an accomplice to the crime

Your points are well taken, but there is still a strong possiblity that Laci was murdered by someone else and he maybe willing to reveal that information on the stand. If I am not mistaken, there is still unrevealed "exculpatory" evidence.

Peterson is the obvious suspect, but so far nothing about this case has been obvious.

Why would he wait until he was on the stand to reveal the information? Does he like jail that much?

Remember, Mark Geragos has claimed that this new eveidence is "excuplatory." If the judge sneezed on the bench, Geragos would ask for the charges to be dropped (slight exageration, Mark is just doing his job).

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Listen.. did you see frey yesterday? when scott was calling her from france and brussels and everywhere else, where was he? in his house ON THE DAY THEY ARE HOLDING A CANDLE LIGHT VIGIL !!!! People are everywhere searching for this woman, crying, holding each other, and he is IN THE HOUSE TELLING HER HE IS IN PARIS !!!

This guy doesnt think anyone else is listening to him. you get to see him in his real light. I wasnt convinced of his guilt untill yesterday. This guy is toast. Watch Court TV today. Its amazing. Buh Bye Scott

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 01:18 PM
link   
No one will find me defending Peterson. He's as low as they come, maybe even a new low. The burden of proof is on the prosecution and the evidence must establish his guilt "beyond a reasonable doubt."

Unlike some who make predictions, I do not claim clairvoyance. It is my opinion that Peterson's behavior is not the only behavior that is not consistent with the circumstances and I am not convinced by the evidence that he is the murderer. He cannot be rightfully convicted for being a louse.

When the closing statements are made, I will be able to make a decision, based on the evidence that I have seen. Until then, I am waiting for the defense's other shoe to drop.

I respect all other opinion on this matter and appreciate your contributions to this discussion.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I agree with GradyPhilpott...I have not been convinced "beyond a reasonable doubt" that Scott did it. This case is very complicated. I hope that Laci's mom and step father did not have anything to do with her murder. That is just horrible. Scott had an affair and didn't seem to care that his wife was missing. This I can see by him calling Amber on the day of the candle light vigil. Has he had any other affairs prior to this?

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Does anything in this case make sense? The prosecution's star witness and the attendant audio tapes have done nothing except establish that Peterson is a scumbag.

Does any one know if it has been established that Conner was Scott's child? There is just a huge gap in the logical progression of the facts in this case.

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
Does any one know if it has been established that Conner was Scott's child?

They did a DNA on Conner's body when he was first found, it has been established that YES , Scott is Conner's father.

In the first few weeks after Laci's disappearance, Scott took and traded Laci's car in at a dealership, he also asked a friend of theirs (Scott & Laci), how much she thought their (Scott & Laci) home was worth.

I rented the dvd of; "The perfect Husband", The Laci Peterson story,... based on true facts . It will make you sit-up and take notice,.... than apply everything else thats going on in the Court system at this time.
To keep track of the case and what the tapes say, you can go to
http;//www.courttv.com

Scott may not take the stand, I do not see that happening but Scott is already testifying ( so to speak) through the taped phone calls between him and Amber.

I do not beleive for a minute that Laci's parents were involved in her disappearance. Laci's sister was the last person to see Laci alive, the night before she disappeared, when Laci and Scott went to Laci's sister's shop .

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 12:17 AM
link   

I do not beleive for a minute that Laci's parents were involved in her disappearance. Laci's sister was the last person to see Laci alive, the night before she disappeared, when Laci and Scott went to Laci's sister's shop.

My prediction was a hunch which has haunted me since the beginning of the case. I have been dying to share that hunch with others, so when I found this site, I could not help but share it here.

I have followed the case carefully, as I always watch Greta Van Susteren's show. I avoid Hollywood versions of events.

My mind is still open as to the guilt of Peterson for the murder, but he has to be the lowest of the low.

I'm sticking with my hunch that someone will drop a bombshell in this case and one thing is for sure, that bombshell so far has not been Amber Frey.

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I believe Scott did the murder, but he's gonna walk. I don't see how they can convict him, on such slim evidence. How he covered up all the evidence is beyond me. He doesn't appear that bright. You'd think if he was he would have wondered about all those questions Amber was asking him on the phone. Shouldn't a bell gone off.... telling him it's a set-up and he's being recorded?

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Let me start by saying that I am still not convinced that Scott is guilty of murder. I am positive that he is a slimeball! BUT...to me, having Amber Frey testify and play the tapes is just ridiculas. OK, we all know that they had sex (several times). Their first date, they had sex. What does that say about the prosecutions witness. When they first met, she had a baby. Where was that father? Now she already has another child by someone else. Is there a pattern?!? I, by no means, am saying that Scott is innocent. But, give me a break...lets have some solid evidence. This is insane what they are putting the jury through.

Just me speaking out loud...

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Thanks for the input, Saylor.

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I had a chance to listen to the taped conversations between Scott and Amber. He keeps telling her that there is things that he wants to tell her but he can't. Not now. When she asks why he can't tell her now, he says that there are too many people that it could effect. This leaves me

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 07:49 PM
link   
So far nothing makes sense in this case. Having listened to most, if not all, of the audio tapes, it is becoming hard to believe anything Peterson says, especially when he tells Amber he is not evil enough to have had anything to do with Lacy's disappearance.

I cannot yet abandon my initial hunch in this case and I am waiting for Peterson and Geragos to drop a bombshell. Some have questioned this hunch on the basis that Peterson would not withhold information because he would not want to stay in jail, but that would depend on what that information might be. What he knows might be such that if he revealed what he knows and his life might be in danger. He might actually safer in jail than on the street at this time.

This has been an interesting case to follow. I just want to see justice done.

[edit on 04/8/13 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 09:31 PM
link   
The transcripts.

I'm beginning to think that the jury should find Peterson guilty just on general principle.

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I find it VERY strange that Scott told Amber and her friend Shawn that this would be the first Christmas without his wife. In the transcripts Amber asks him how he knew if he didn't have anything to do with Laci's disappearance. That is a very good question. BUT...I still have a HUGE gut feeling that he didn't do it. Granted...he is scum for cheating on his pregnant wife. I think the thing with Amber was a sexual addiction. I don't know that he LOVED her especially not enough to kill his wife. That is just my feelings...I'm probably wrong.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join