It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Libyan fighter aircraft photographed next to airfield in Tripoli

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Just on "SVT" swedish state news. a short news article about the Swedish JAS Gripen fighter aircraft taking photos of the Libyan fighter aircraft parked on the ground in Tripoli.

You can spot at least 12 fighters on the ground in plain sight outside the hangars.

svt.se...

Original source blog:
flygvapenbloggen.se...

Image 1:
flygvapenbloggen.files.wordpress.com...

Image 2:
flygvapenbloggen.files.wordpress.com...

The images aren't original resolution but purposefully degraded.

So what's your opinions about these aircraft laying about like this? This is just one airfield and a small area. How many aircraft does Gaddafi have laying about waiting to be used when the time is right?

Are they real or you think they might be decoys? Quite cheap and ease to have decoys made these days.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
hmm, interesting, in picture number 2 is mig-25 foxbat, i think they are real
i wonder why they havent bombed them?

maybe they are out of service? out of spare parts etc? not usable?
edit on 5/13/2011 by zoomer72 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by KamikazeNull

Not sure what the point of the OP is ?

I can't read Swedish

are you asking why their not bombing the crap out of them since they are in plane view[no pun intended] ?

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
This is common in countries like Libya. Kind of spooky to most of us westerners who aren't used to this sort of thing, but unfortunately its a scenario that'll soon become common in all areas of the world. For example, if you seek out Black Water (Xe Services) on Google Earth you'll see a pretty alarming picture as well; a fleet of choppers hidden on a small road, flanked by trees, as well as more helicopters next to a section of hangars, along with some planes. They have several large buildings as well, that I'm sure house more jets, choppers, and/or tanks. All of this nestled amongst the farm country of eastern NC.

I say this will become more common because Xe is spreading out, building new "bases" in Colorado, Texas, and California.

36 27'39.58" N
76 12'27.10" W
edit on 13-5-2011 by Mactire because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Mactire

Agreed ...

And they will most likely be the ones who get rolled out against the citizenry of the United States when the time comes

just like they did during Katrina

edit on 5/13/2011 by spoonbender because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by spoonbender

Exactly my point. What scares me about these guys is they're fueled by money, not by national pride, and they're being strategically positioned all over the country just like the FEMA camps. I think the main Xe Services office is also moving to Colorado along with the rest of TPTB.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I recall that in the beginning of the assault on Libya some Norwegian fighters bombed a couple fighters on a military airfield. But that was I'll I've heard about such. They stopped bombing ground targets for a while but now we see more activity again with bombings of Tripoli buildings and targeting units who are in combat against rebels.

They seem to cause a bit of civilian casualties within Tripoli metropolis but they ignore completely these fighters which is a real military target? Just because they aren't in the air?

I do wonder what Gaddafi is planning with such cautious moves around. He's just bidding his time it seems. The country is at war in reality in my opinion. By not using the fighters yet he saves them for later use instead of being picked off too early? And NATO what's with them? Do they want real resistance at some time in the future when they get a little setback for Libya to regroup? To much of a risk to go all out yet in political view?
Well this whole ordeal stinks to high heaven.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
After a update on the article there is mention that the planes could be seen on Google Earth. And they are located exactly the same spots and directions since August 14 2010. So probably non-operational planes.

Coordinates:
32°53'1.19"N 13°18'4.98"O
edit on 13-5-2011 by KamikazeNull because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Just proves it is not about a no fly zone .They are bombing the countries critical inferstructure .Gaddaffi and his forces are more valueble intact , they need the boogie man to justify the war and expenditure.

top topics

join