It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Object Hitting The SUN! Comet?Asteroid?..Causing CME Instantly...5/10/11...Check it Out...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by VicDiaz89
LOL well its obviously a comet,it seems to be just coincidence that the CME happened around time of impact.I dont think a comet even at its extremely high speed could make it entirely through the sun to cause what looks like a CME on the other side...just my opinion..

I can't see a comet passing through either. But I could see it causing a type of static charge to build up and then a huge discharge like in the winter when we rub the carpet and touch metal. That type of static discharge is what the electric universe model theorizes. That does appear to be what we are seeing or at least it seems reasonable to keep the theory until we can dismiss it with data.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
The sun has been giving off many CMEs lately. it's just a coincidence that the comet hit first.
It does look cool though. What's interesting is NASA discovered the comet just the day before it crashed into the sun. where did it come from and how did they miss it?

Source: "3D sun" app on iphone. It's an official NASA app.

btw look closely, there's actually 2 comets that hit the sun. Actually the 2nd one is so small you probably can't see it.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Justoneman
reply to post by gdaub23

Holy cow! That is what Jim McCanny (sp?) says would happen if a comet goes near the sun, or in this case maybe hit it. The Immanuel Velokovsky theory of the electric universe has possibilities for me.

Ding !

Give that man a prize, Johnny !

Comets are plasma or have a plasma sheath that gathers charge in the outer solar
system and then discharges when they get close to the sun.

edit on 12-5-2011 by Version100 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Seriously Guys???

Originally posted by grindhouzer
This just in:

A comet goes in; a CME comes out. Coincidence? Probably, yes, the sequence was coincidental. The comet disintegrated as much as a million kilometers above the stellar surface. There's no known way that the wispy, vaporous remains of a relatively lightweight comet could cause a billion-ton cloud of hot plasma to fly away from the sun at 400 km/s (the observed speed of the CME). Moreover, NASA's Solar Dynamics Observatory photographed the eruption that did propel the CME into space. There's no comet in the field of view of this must-see movie

From one of the many threads about this image.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

And source info:www.spaceweather.com...

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by gdaub23
.This is the first time I have ever witnessed something hittinf=g the SUN...Yet some of you will say that nothing did and Im just seeing things...

Comets hitting the sun is a COMMON event.
Seriously HUNDREDS of comets have been observed to hit the sun.
I'm surprised this thread had to go to the second page before anyone mentioned it.

Try these links...
Kamikaze comets
Space.com
Kreutz Sungrazers

Edit - and to Ghost375, yes, Kreutz Sungrazers often come in pairs.

edit on 12-5-2011 by alfa1 because: more content

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Comets hit the sun all the time and I have seen this SOHO video on another post on ATS. I'll see if I can find it. It look freakin huge to me though how could we miss something that big flying into the sun? You would think it would be all over the space news sites at least.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by FarBeyondDriven69

i didnt catch that and tried using the search to make sure but the different ways posters word things it gets to be difficult to narrow the search down

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Thanks for posting this OP, I would have missed seeing another sun diving comet and CME. Star and Flag.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
As can be seen in the images from STEREO A, the comet approached the sun from the opposite side on which the CME occurred. Because the SOHO satellite is directly sunward of Earth, the perspective is deceptive. The CME began hours before the comet disappeared behind the coronagraph disk
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/69fa5d2443f2.gif[/atsimg]

In this frame it appears that the comet may have broken up as it neared the Sun but that could be a "beacon mode" image artifact.

Comets are much too small to have any effect on the Sun whatsoever.

edit on 5/13/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Thanks Phage, we need your input sometimes. Now I would love to read your opinion on the part of this thread dealing with the electric universe theory that I believe is on the table as legitimate for consideration.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Two threads already exist about this:

LASCO 2 and LASCO 3

Huge comet just hit the sun
edit on 13-5-2011 by elevenaugust because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join