It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's time for the young to take over !

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
OK this will be controversial lol

I respect age, I know and respect lots of old people, I hope to be one myself someday lol.

But let's face it, you people screwed up our world, bad.

And guess what else -- we are the ones who are going to have to deal with the mess!

So who is "we?" Let's for the sake of argument say 20-30-year-olds. I guess you could change this definition at either end to some extent, but that's vaguely what I'm thinking of.

The solution would be for nobody in major power to be over 30. Maybe you could make a few exeptions, but basically after 30, that's it. You retire or become a "consultant" or "advisor" maybe. (I'm only talking about positions of real power here -- Washington, Wall Street, Fortune 500 CEOs, etc. People who own their own little stores or businesses or who have jobs like doctors, teachers, janitors, etc...no change with age).

Everyone heading Wall Street, Washington, the University system, all the power nodes of society -- energy, commerce, international trade, military, etc. -- would be headed by people in their 20s. Smart people selected rigorously and fairly, but young,

They would bring their creativity, their will to survive, their vibrant life force which starts to ebb when people get older. Fresh ideas, dynamic attitudes, and youthful idealism....what's not to like?

Plus, the new generation, 20s and below, is much more spiritual than the olders, who are merely religious and cling to outward forms. The 20somethings are spiritual seekers who can bring fresh and innovative new life to tired old religion, bringing in a breath of fresh air in culture and the arts, too!

We need change bad, but a 40-year-old tired-looking old man who is corrupt from skeezing around in the Chicgo dirty political system is not "Change." His daughters....maybe!

Who is with me! Youthquake!

Who is with me??

+94 more 
posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Yeah...let me know how that works out for ya?

It is proven that the children of today and tomorrow have no pride in themselves, and expect a handout at every curve. I used to work in the educational field, ( a university to be exact ) and you wont believe some of the most naive comments and thought processes that come from the college students of today....our country is doomed with that type of ignorance. Not to mention a wasted education.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Partygirl

lol luv it yes i'm old ,,my generation got the left overs from the "Baby Boomers" whom i do believe you would be refering too. Swear they were like locasts, leaving nothing,,

Anyway see Star Trek Episode "The Grumps"
or back further a movie made in the 80's about "TEEN HOLIGANS take over new york! or something,, hollywood lol

But ya pretty much everyone screwed the pouch on this one.

+43 more 
posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Who is with you?

All of the current 62 year olds who had this same idea back in '68.
edit on 5/12/2011 by Clark Savage Jr. because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Realms
Yeah...let me know how that works out for ya?

It is proven that the children of today and tomorrow have no pride in themselves, and expect a handout at every curve. I used to work in the educational field, ( a university to be exact ) and you wont believe some of the most naive comments and thought processes that come from the college students of today....our country is doomed with that type of ignorance. Not to mention a wasted education.

blah blah blah I've head it before...

Our brains are configured in a different way because we have grown up with technology. Technology has accelerated us to the next level of reality.

Already its a well-known phenomenon:

www.indigochild.com...

These are the people who will save us!

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
You have my 'axe', in spirit ofcourse

+39 more 
posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Partygirl

Already its a well-known phenomenon:

www.indigochild.com...

These are the people who will save us!

+68 more 
link   

Uh, Please don't. I know the time will come soon enough but I would not be in any rush. I am presently back in school with 'The Young' and I am sorry to say it but you are all dumber than toast. So please hold off on that.
Thanks.

link   
Agreed but for one point.

Every generation says the same thing about generations past.

Who says the young will make it better? It has never happened in human history. That's how we got to this mess in the first place. Younger generations doing the same thing as the last...but with more advanced technology and knowledge taken from the elders.

It's not the age or knowledge, it's how you use it. And so far, it's never worked out.

Just because the younger generation is angry (rightly so) doesn't mean they will all of a sudden change the World.

In an ideal World, the younger generation would point out the mistakes, learn from the mistakes of their elders and then use the wisdom to make the difference.

Human Nature however, makes us repeat history. This is our downfall.

BTW, I do agree with your point.

I used to be young and foolish...Now I'm old and stupid. Your turn next.

edit on 12-5-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Yeah, lets let all of the Lady Gaga loving mush brains run the show for a while, I mean it's not like they can do any more damage than the Progressives have already done.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   

What we need to fight for is education of TRUTH to the next generation so that they can see the problem that the world is in to day.

Because the youth is the future.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Lol, I love how the generation before mine constantly trashes my generation and the one after mine, yet they're the ones who raised us? o.O And not all of us suck.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

Yeah, the lady GaGa thing is Hi-Larious. Madonna has already done it all and the biggest stretch the poor dingbat's mind can make for creativity is Judas. Retard.

+14 more 
posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
There is not a person that has ever lived that wouldn't want to go back and change something stupid they did when they were younger.

Stupidity and youth go hand and hand.

+15 more 
posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
It's sounds like a great premise when one is young and inexperienced in life. That is until you reach that magic age threshold and all of a sudden you're One of Them.

This comes across as a plot for a seriously bad movie. Oh, wait...

link   

Originally posted by Avyuir
Lol, I love how the generation before mine constantly trashes my generation and the one after mine, yet they're the ones who raised us? o.O And not all of us suck.

link   
reply to post by Avyuir

Relax, in a few years, sure as hell, you will be trashing the generation that follows you too.

It all balances out.

+7 more 
posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Age has nothing to do with it..it is a mind set....Young and old alike can be right and young and old alike can be wrong....

+2 more 
posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   

I think you're full of crap.

I'm not even 30 yet and you want to ban people over 30 from making decisions?

Hello?

Dementia doesn't really set in until you're past your 40s, well into your 50s.

+9 more 
posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   

And for that matter what has your generation contributed to anything? All I see them doing is feeding off the culture of their predecessors. And don't say the digital technology because that was and is being created by the folks you would like to abolish; all your generation does is use it. Likely to our great detriment because it isn't making you any smarter and you are the future.

In fact why don't we just get it over with and do away with your generation now and save everyone the trouble. We'll just move on to the next.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join