It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim defend your faith!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Praetorius
reply to post by IamBoon

And yet I've seen what are usually interpreted as 'christian' nations -draped in the flag and carrying the cross- bombing and harassing other nations as well as starting two world wars.

I'm not going to say islam doesn't have some serious issues, but conversely can't say christianity isn't without its own. And the reason for both is that they are composed of people.

Take away the religions themselves, and you will still see idiocy. Look at the communist nations, historically. Ideology, and people's interpretations and applications of it, is the root cause of these issues. Is the typical christian message peace? Yes. Yet we have self-identified christians behaving in most unbecoming fashions. Is this the faith's fault? No. It's the people.

If there were some realistic way to do it, I'd like to see the total number of people in each religion and the percentage of those people who cause issues. I would be surprised if there wasn't some similarity across the board.

I cannot remember the last time any war was fought by a modern Christian nation because of religious motive. I am an atheist by the way. I realize there are many things wrong with all of our schools of thought. Some just have a hell of a lot more wrong than others.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by IamBoon

I cannot remember the last time any war was fought by a modern Christian nation because of religious motive. I am an atheist by the way. I realize there are many things wrong with all of our schools of thought. Some just have a hell of a lot more wrong than others.

Some of the religious/crusader overtones that have been given to our involvement in the middle east have been quite disturbing, with bible & prophecy references sneaking their way into presidential reports and even weapons.

I also have to ask, when has a muslim *nation* fought a war on that basis (not saying hasn't happened, I may just not be aware as is outside my main area of attention). I was under the impression that it was usually just assorted lunacy carried out by individuals and splinter factions ('extremists')?

Side note - I'm christian.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by AmerikanDekline
reply to post by IamBoon

Fair enough I didn't want to say it but I have seen many of these threads pop up and many of the verses that have been quoted have been taking horribly out of context to further the posters point. There are as well many verses that speak of love and other such matters you realize you can take any religious book and quote things out of context to paint the book in a negative light. I feel people have became way to afraid of the Muslim people based on what they are seeing in the media, because there are radical parts of every religion who say and commit horrible acts and yet Muslims and their religion are the one you see people mainly complaining about. I honestly hope this is a thread based on proof of the claims you make and not just an opinion.

you stated this

"the Qur'an have everything to do with immoral, intolerant, and violent act is appalling."

thats a pretty big claim so sorry if I just wanted clarification on why you feel that way...I thought you wanted a discussion apparently you just want us to agree with you
edit on 12-5-2011 by AmerikanDekline because: (no reason given)

And further more why should anyone have to defend their beliefs and religion who are you or anyone for that matter to judge them....Every religion not to mention race that has ever lived has committed crimes against humanity stop making it look like Islam is the worst everyone always blows off the crusades as if it doesnt matter in the least...come on
edit on 12-5-2011 by AmerikanDekline because: (no reason given)

I can judge what is written and their actions with a viewpoint because I am free to act and study why these things happen. They should defend their religion because, if they feel that their religion is not responsible and care about it they are free to. You, with a simple objection do not nullify any motive to understand or point out action that stems from Islam.

The importance of bringing it to peoples attention is that Islam is still a young and very unstable. WHen was the last time a Christian country killed a bunch of innocents because a "holy" book was burned? The weapons involved this day and age are far more destructive. A Muslim with a mindset to believe that his death for God is worth more than his life can be justified to commit mass scale destruction.
edit on 12-5-2011 by IamBoon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   

reply to post by IamBoon

Some of the religious/crusader overtones that have been given to our involvement in the middle east have been quite disturbing, with bible & prophecy references sneaking their way into presidential reports and even weapons.

I also have to ask, when has a muslim *nation* fought a war on that basis (not saying hasn't happened, I may just not be aware as is outside my main area of attention). I was under the impression that it was usually just assorted lunacy carried out by individuals and splinter factions ('extremists')?

Side note - I'm christian.

The irish Christian war is a recent Christian one.

The civil wars in Iraq , Iran, Afghanistan, The mAssacres in India, the war in Chechnya, some of the recent slaughters and genocide in Africa are all incited directly by interpretations of Islam and using it as a tool. These are just off the top of my head. I am sure there are many more conflicts. Lets also not forget the oppression of religion, women, and many violent acts that go unpunished in many, if not all states, with Sharia Law which is Law dictated by Islam.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

reply to post by IamBoon

And yet I've seen what are usually interpreted as 'christian' nations -draped in the flag and carrying the cross- bombing and harassing other nations as well as starting two world wars.

I'm not going to say islam doesn't have some serious issues, but conversely can't say christianity isn't without its own. And the reason for both is that they are composed of people.

Take away the religions themselves, and you will still see idiocy. Look at the communist nations, historically. Ideology, and people's interpretations and applications of it, is the root cause of these issues. Is the typical christian message peace? Yes. Yet we have self-identified christians behaving in most unbecoming fashions. Is this the faith's fault? No. It's the people.

If there were some realistic way to do it, I'd like to see the total number of people in each religion and the percentage of those people who cause issues. I would be surprised if there wasn't some similarity across the board.

Just like the Bible interpretation rules, it is of the utmost importance to not interpret the text as to contradict another. You must find any other explanation so as long as it does not conflict or you are incorrect. For most it just means never teach them about the conflicts. This is also why even a lot of Muslims even believe "islam" means "peace".

I can't argue with that, although wasn't aware of the last bit re: meaning of Islam.

Not trying to be argumentative here, just calling it as I see it - no offense intended.
edit on 5/12/2011 by Praetorius because: (no reason given)

The point you are missing is that the wars you are mentioning were not started due to religion. The population might've been Christion in Germany but they did not invade Poland because Jesus told them to for them to be good Christians.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join