It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sense of Separation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Lately when I am very focused on a task (or running on empty and pushing myself through something) I feel my mind separate from my body. I am 'thinking' yet my body feels as if it is propelled by an outside force and I am just a spectator... yet I'm still in complete control when I switch mental gears out of this state.

It is a surreal feeling. It does not happen because I ask (haven't asked, not yet anyway), it just slowly creeps in like the tide and I feel the sensation of being out of my body. I am totally at ease-- it's actually very pleasurable for me. I can concentrate on my thoughts easier (and my Self), but communicating with others while experiencing this can be challenging. This is (at least for me) because I'm entranced by the feeling and speaking makes it gradually diminish. One other reason is I feel very 'tall' and as if I am the 'entire room' (does that make sense?)... I feel like I am everywhere all at once instead of contained in my earthly vessel behind my eyes. It gives the sensation of every thing and action being a miraculous event-- I should be thankful for it all and experience life and my surroundings slowly and deliberately.

This momentary separation is very peaceful and has helped me drift even further from my physical state/being. I hope my description isn't too all over the place or confusing. I know this is a common sensation for sensitive people...so out of curiosity:

Has anyone else felt this in their life or even more lately? How does it feel for You? Is it calming or frightening? Can you control or manipulate the feeling?

Thanks!

edit on 12-5-2011 by donatellanator because:

edit on 12-5-2011 by donatellanator because: typo

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by donatellanator

I feel this all the time when I meditate. Just sit quietly in a room with you eyes closed and clear your mind of all thoughts. Then let your entire being feel like it expands into the room. If I meditate a lot everyday with success, I have spontaneously arrived at this state outside from meditation.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Its your mind. When you manage to escape it, your awareness becomes your being. It just takes a slight push, and your higher body will activate across your entire being.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Yet again, you have described me
I often feel the way you do when doing a task (or running on empty).
Besides saying that I love that feeling, I can maybe offer a tip about talking to others while one is experiencing it.

When I'm in a room with people, and I'm totally engrossed in my activities, someone talking to me often snaps me out of that feeling. I have started to realize that I can still feel that way, I just have to be totally aware of what is going on. Similar to a multi-processor in a computer, I am trying to train my awareness to still be 'large and in the room', while focusing on addressing the person who has spoken to me.

While my thoughts are still empty (and everywhere), I allow myself to direct my 'conversational thoughts' towards the person who needs to be spoken to. That way my speaking can be slow, to the point, but yet still conversational, and I am able to cling on to most of that feeling you described in your OP.
(I still need a lot more practice)

At the end of the day, all paths are different and I don't even know if what I am trying is the correct thing to do. But it feels right to me, so i'll continue giving it a go

How have things been going with your 'Sense of Separation' since you started the thread?

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by dyllels

I really like your suggestion of how to speak to people while in this mindset.

To answer your question, I've grown "used" to it now.

It's changed a little-- it feels more of a connection to the unseen rather than a separation from what is around me (a positive rather than negative). By interacting more with the unseen (the felt) I see how people are truly connected and One with each other.

I feel like I'm going through spiritual puberty for lack of a better (or more eloquent) term.

edit on 25-7-2011 by donatellanator because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   

You are waking from a dream of separation, an awakening.
The state you are talking about is oneness, you are experiencing oneness.
It is the opposite to separateness. The normal state for people is that everything is separate from them, but what you are experiencing is the unified field (oneness). Each time you are aware of it, it seems to come and go at first, if you just watch it, it will become more and more frequent, and more delightful and playful.
It is presence. It does feel like there is a presence that is aware of the 'thing' we call body/mind.

If you want to see others who have discovered this, check out on youtube:
Mooji, Tony Parsons, Peter Brown. It is called non duality or Adviata Vedanta. It is not religion.

Namaste.
edit on 25-7-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Eventually it will be there all the time and you will realize that it has always been there. It would be impossible for it not to be there, it is immovable. It is you, it is the essential you, what makes you, what you are comprised of in essence.

new topics

top topics

join