It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 men arrested in NYC in terror plot to attack a Synagogue

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
News conference on FOX news right now...looking to kill Jews, take out the empire state bldg, etc etc
edit on Thu May 12 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: title edit, as we do not know their religious affiliation

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

I LOVE Muslims

sarcasm

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Mossad, probably.
edit on 12-5-2011 by binkbonk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Two men arrested in Terror Probe

Two Americans were in custody Thursday on accusations they bought or tried to buy guns and grenades in a suspected terror plot against New York synagogues, a person familiar with the investigation told The Associated Press. The pair were of Algerian and Moroccan descent and could face state terrorism charges, the person said. Two law enforcement officials confirmed the arrests. One of the officials said the FBI was consulted about the case and declined to pursue it. The three people weren’t authorized to speak publicly about the case and spoke to the AP on condition of anonymity.
(Click Link Above to read full story)

Was this the story you where talking about?

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Terrorist suck at terrorist attacks now.

They should just give up.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I'm not saying they aren't, but I have read two stories on this so far and you (Homer) are the only one using the word Muslim. Why is that?

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Couple of dark skinned guys trying to buy a gun in New York City is terrorism now?
edit on 12-5-2011 by Tephra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

my husband heard the same thing, about the ESB, but I have not been able to find any info online to confirm.
He said it was on CNN and FOX

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
I'm not saying they aren't, but I have read two stories on this so far and you (Homer) are the only one using the word Muslim. Why is that?

I cannot tell their religion, but here's their names

Two men were arrested today on accusations they tried to purchase weapons as part of a suspected terror plot against a Manhattan synagogue, authorities said today.

Mohammad Mamdouh, 20, and Ahmed Ferhani, 26, both of Queens, were arrested Wednesday night and are expected to be charged under the state's terrorism laws.

www.nypost.com...
edit on Thu May 12 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

other sources
www.wnyc.org...
www.cnn.com...
this one claims they were trying to buy AK47s
abcnews.go.com...

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
That's funny in these reports it says nothing about the suspects being Muslim. Link Link Link So I guess according to Fox all terrorist are Muslim? Oh yeah that's right I forgot only Muslims hate Israel.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
It's fox news what do you expect...invoke fear yadda yadda

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

I cannot tell their religion, but here's their names

Two men were arrested today on accusations they tried to purchase weapons as part of a suspected terror plot against a Manhattan synagogue, authorities said today.

Mohammad Mamdouh, 20, and Ahmed Ferhani, 26, both of Queens, were arrested Wednesday night and are expected to be charged under the state's terrorism laws.

www.nypost.com...

other sources
www.wnyc.org...
www.cnn.com...
this one claims they were trying to buy AK47s
abcnews.go.com...

yeah, I saw that. I guess I just need more than their names to pin them as muslim, especially when just associating the word muslim leads to comments like "I love muslims", such as we have seen on this page.

All outlets that I have seen peg these guys as americans. Yet we dont make a deal about the fact that they are home grown. We make a deal about the fact that their names sound muslim.

link   
Did someone ask for a source that stated they were Islamic? Well, throwing out the fact they were born in North Africa and one of them is named Mohammed, Reuters is reporting that they were Islamic militants.

Algerian-born Ahmed Ferhani, 26, and Moroccan-born Mohammed Mamdouh, 20, bought three pistols, ammunition and an inert grenade after a seven-month sting operation, police and Manhattan prosecutors said in a statement.

The plot unravelled on Wednesday and would constitute the 13th planned attack by Islamist militants on New York City since the September 11, 2001, attacks.

uk.reuters.com

The New York Times is reporting that at least one of them was raised as a Muslim.

He said his son was raised as a Muslim, in Algeria, before the family fled in 1994 at the height of that country’s civil war.

www.nytimes.com...

Blowing up Jews now, not sure if I ever heard of Muslims wanting to do that. Sounds more like Mennonites.

edit on 12-5-2011 by dbates because: (no reason given)

link   
I'm surprised they didn't just shoot them and dump their bodies into Flushing Bay.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vandalour

I LOVE Muslims

sarcasm

I love sapiens sapiens.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Well, what a perfect timing, huh.
and I'm so FREAKING tired of the word TERROR!!!!
Please, our world looks every day a little more like a bad written soap opera...

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by drakus

They told the FBI they were 'sick and tired about how MUSLIMS were being treated'
to me, that would make one THINK they were muslim, no?

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

An Associated Press article has this quote:

Police: 2 Muslim men plotting NY terror had guns, grenade

NEW YORK - Two Americans, including one who complained the world was treating Muslims "like dogs," bought guns and a grenade and wanted to carry out a terror plot against a New York synagogue, officials said Thursday.

Officials said they had been watching Ferhani for several months and that he had said he was fed up with the way Muslims were treated around the world. He's the one who expressed interest in the Empire State Building attack, Kelly said.

source

Still checking out the Mennonite tie-in to be sure.
edit on 12-5-2011 by dbates because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by dbates

You have no idea how evil the Mennonites and Amish are. They where sent from God to chew bubblegum and Kick A--, and now they are all out of bubblegum.

edit on 12-5-2011 by dwmjr1985 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
reply to post by drakus

They told the FBI they were 'sick and tired about how MUSLIMS were being treated'
to me, that would make one THINK they were muslim, no?

No I hate how the Pakistanis are being treated does that make me Pakistani? nope

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join