It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DR Congo: 48 rapes every hour, US study finds, 1100 Rapes Per Day in Congo

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by redhorse
I will repeat, of course they are animals. So am I. So are you. We are also all much more. In brutal circumstances (even of our own making) the animal often wins out; survival demands it. Survival in it's most raw form has very little to do with kindness, and often even less to do with dignity.

... and even less to do with rape.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

The joys of Anarchy. Not much else to say.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
if you think it would be different here? with these conditions....you are wrong..

thats what people do when noone cares....

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by grizzle2

Originally posted by armtx
reply to post by pyrodude

Whites and Muslims buying slaves

Africans selling Africans into slavery

pretty sad

Not Whites, but jews. The African slave trade for America was wholly owned by Jews. They employed a few Whites as ship captains and deck hands.

Yes it was the jews that bought them but it was their OWN people that sold them to the jews....I blame their own leaders for selling them...

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

castration followed by public humiliation would be the better option. they would remain a long time reminder and example among all.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by AngryOne Why do you believe this? DO you honestly believe that it's just a "socio-economic" thing? DO you truly believe that Africans, if given the same opportunities as, say, Europeans, would become just like Europeans?

Actually, Africans did have a chance to adopt a European lifestyle and society and some of the countries that did are perhaps the most successful in the continent’s history. The rest of the nations rejected the Eurocentric model and devolved into rampant tribalism and criminal thuggery. Haiti is the same way in our hemisphere – total failure.

Take S. Africa for instance before 1994 and the ANC won the election with Nelson Mandela as the president, the nation was stable if not entirely accommodating of the black majority. In summary, the tension due to the lack of freedoms pre-1994 has been replaced by tension due to a lack of any guarantee of personal safety.

When the ANC took over; suddenly a surge in unemployment of both blacks and whites hit the country. Desperation and hunger became the order of the day for so many and the only way to survive was to steal. Slowly things got better but it is still not enough to make a definite change. The economy has improved since, but economic disparities persist.

Now crime rates are not just highest among industrialized nations, but nearly the highest overall. Despite official statistics showing a recent decline in crime rates - murder rates have more than tripled in the New South Africa after the ANC. Most of the crime is committed in the big cities. People surround their houses with electric fencing or razor wire and alarms. The security firms are booming, and the educated of all races flee for European nations.

The question has to be asked why? There is a trend in Africa (especially in the Sub Sahara) and then Haiti as well - what is the thing all these nation-states have in common?

Could it possibly be the 800lb gorilla in the room no one wants to acknowledge? The races on the planet are different not only in physical appearance but in their mental make-up and ability - be it intellect, drive and or ability to succeed as a group.

Whatever you want to call it there is a clear and glaring disparity in the willingness of different races to surrender the individual to the greater good, their sexual habits, spending vs. saving and marital commitments along with the role of fatherhood.

There has been some research done in the past on the racial predispositions to certain social norms and mental ability, nature vs. nurture and other kinds of studies but regardless of the caliber of the study the people just won’t hear it for some reason.

TPTB want none of it leaked and while most people willingly accept that while there may be real physical differences between races any perceived differences in mental ability must be related to outside factors not genetics. I remember the Bell Curve and the controversy it generated.

Originally posted by AngryOne Well, call me what you will, but personally I don't believe that at all. They act differently because they are different. "Racist"? Or just true...?

I am neither a social scientist, economist, nor an anthropologist but there has to be some reason that even in America after 3-4 generations now of affirmative action and preferential treatment that the black population has not improved their overall social success rate - quite the opposite; it is in decline. I do not accept the reason being all outside factors like racism and economic oppression and other crap. It has to come from somewhere inside as well.

More crime, less education, more teen births, more addiction and almost every other mark of failure in a culture have increased despite all the favorable "leg-up" type programs to break the cycle. The programs have lead to dependence not independence.

Unfortunately most people will just have a visceral programmed response to any objective study of the success of different racial groups with “we are all human” and charging whomever the person posing the question with racism….

The racial issue is a touchy one especially in America – Eric Rush has a great book out called Negrophillia. It is a good study of how in America race relations and the institutional indoctrination of our kids in school and through mass media to favorably view black culture is leading to a culture that idolizes criminals, deadbeat dads, welfare dependency and drug use. This can drag the country no where but down.

We all my be human but in 5000+ years of History one thing has become clear – there are clear and real differences in the relative success rates of different racial groups.

It is time someone did some real objective research into the topic and quite beating around the bush…

If one thinks me racist for making the casual observation - feel free. It's much easier than disputing the trends.
edit on 12/5/2011 by Golf66 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Wow, that's very sad, and sick.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by pyrodude
Angryone I must agree with DZAG, when order was lost in New Orleans there was widespread looting, crime and hundreds of rape reports. There were women raped in the superdome, in front of others even, which was supposed to be the safe haven. DZAG, I think we need to move past who has the potential and move into discovering why this isnt in every culture. Like the Japan reference I made, there have been only a few reports of such things there, why is that and how can we capitalize on it to improve the standard across the board.

There was/is actually a large daily number of rapes in Japan. the Japanese govt actually went a hush hush route so far as the athorities telling the actual victims to ' hush '

don't be fooled.
Pardon, no intent to hijack the thread
No Looting & Rapes in Japan after Tsunami Quake is a MYTH 1/3,
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 12-5-2011 by steven704 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Golf66
I am neither a social scientist, economist, nor an anthropologist but there has to be some reason that even in America after 3-4 generations now of affirmative action and preferential treatment that the black population has not improved their overall social success rate - quite the opposite; it is in decline. I do not accept the reason being all outside factors like racism and economic oppression and other crap. It has to come from somewhere inside as well.

More crime, less education, more teen births, more addiction and almost every other mark of failure in a culture have increased despite all the favorable "leg-up" type programs to break the cycle. The programs have lead to dependence not independence.

Unfortunately most people will just have a visceral programmed response to any objective study of the success of different racial groups with “we are all human” and charging whomever the person posing the question with racism….

The racial issue is a touchy one especially in America – Eric Rush has a great book out called Negrophillia. It is a good study of how in America race relations and the institutional indoctrination of our kids in school and through mass media to favorably view black culture is leading to a culture that idolizes criminals, deadbeat dads, welfare dependency and drug use. This can drag the country no where but down.

We all my be human but in 5000+ years of History one thing has become clear – there are clear and real differences in the relative success rates of different racial groups.

It is time someone did some real objective research into the topic and quite beating around the bush…

If one thinks me racist for making the casual observation - feel free. It's much easier than disputing the trends.

Well said Golf, well said.

@Steven - I hadnt seen that yet, I'm heading off to check it out, thanks!

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

without looking it up, can you explain the difference between race and species ?

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priestwithout looking it up, can you explain the difference between race and species ?

Yes; can you tell me without looking it up the definition of pretension and pretentiousness?

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

well, you have ignorance perfected, lets begin there. you stated you are no anthropologist, at least you are correct there.

scientifically, the idea that races are different biologically is an out dated idea, pretty much went out the window within the last 50 years or so. In the taxonomy we have;

Life - Bioata
Domain - Eukarata
Kingdom - Animalia
Phylum - Chordata
Class - Mammalia
Order - Primates
Family - Hominidae
Genus - Homo
Species - Homo Sapien
Sub Species - Homo Sapien Sapien

and that's it

there is no race after sub Species

race is literally superficial, there is no "african brain" or "white brain" only homo sapien sapien brains. if you want to get into educational, cultural, economic and religious differences, have at it, but to say there are real biological differences in the races specifically as far as the brain is concerned is the definition of ignorance. there is no accepted biological basis for distinguishing races other than hair color, eye color and skin color. note that brain function and behavior are not included.

there is not "something inside" that makes "them" behave in any way. It's all external. superstition, drugs, oppression, violence, corruption, religion, you name it, but it's not biological or genetic

edit on 13-5-2011 by syrinx high priest because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priestthere is not "something inside" that makes "them" behave in any way. It's all external. superstition, drugs, oppression, violence, corruption, religion, you name it, but it's not biological or genetic

Cool, I can see you also took 8th Grade Biology; however, I was not aware that there were definitive studies in this field relating DNA to intelligence - I would love to read some of the data.

I did not realize that DNA for the human species and its relationship to intelligence and behavior had been completely mapped and all this superficial nonsense refuted without a doubt.

If you could link me please to this scholarly work I would appreciate it. I would have thought a definitive work of that nature would have been more “newsworthy”.

edit on 13/5/2011 by Golf66 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
While rape is clearly a big problem in the Congo (DRC), especially in the lawless Eastern provinces, the latest report by the UN (12 May) questions the findings.
60% Of respondents had reported being raped by their partners and husbands, and the global religious authorities are still divided as to whether marital rape is indeed rape (normally it is not included in methodologies, unless they specifically ask).
Well, here the report:
tvnz.co.nz...

The report also seems somewhat dated to 2007 studies.
However, that being said, the war-zones in that country are dreadful, and even in other African countries the attitudes to gender rights and women are very problematic.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
race is literally superficial, there is no "african brain" or "white brain" only homo sapien sapien brains. if you want to get into educational, cultural, economic and religious differences, have at it, but to say there are real biological differences in the races specifically as far as the brain is concerned is the definition of ignorance. there is no accepted biological basis for distinguishing races other than hair color, eye color and skin color. note that brain function and behavior are not included.

there is not "something inside" that makes "them" behave in any way. It's all external. superstition, drugs, oppression, violence, corruption, religion, you name it, but it's not biological or genetic

edit on 13-5-2011 by syrinx high priest because: (no reason given)

Okay, with that said, I have a very simple question: Why do you believe this? Really. Why? Are you implying that all these differences just came about randomly and literally mean nothing? That Blacks indeed are the equals of Whites in every way despite the fact that reality suggests otherwise?

If you really believe that Whites and Blacks are exactly the same, then perhaps you also believe that, say, dobermans and golden retrievers are exactly the same? After all, they're both dogs, right?

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by grizzle2

Originally posted by armtx
reply to post by pyrodude

Whites and Muslims buying slaves

Africans selling Africans into slavery

pretty sad

Not Whites, but jews. The African slave trade for America was wholly owned by Jews. They employed a few Whites as ship captains and deck hands.

Actually to be fair it was mostly Anglo-Jewish Americans(RI)people and Anglo American's(RI) who financed the slave trade.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by korathin

Actually it was the Arabs who plundered the villages, and did most of the trading of the slaves going both West of Africa and East.
In fact a nasty word for blacks in SA is the Muslim word for infidels - "kaffirs".
Only infidels could be attacked, and it referred to black people from southern Africa, none of whom were Muslims.
That word for black people then filtered into English.
But hey, during Barbary slavery they enslaved over a million whites, including some Americans.
en.wikipedia.org...
Whether slavery actually ever stopped in some Islamic spheres is a matter of huge debate.

Of course it is unfair to only blame one group for the complex history of slavery.
A lot of people from different races and religions were involved.
Perhaps one should also look at who stopped it.
That would be the British and Americans.

edit on 14-5-2011 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by DZAG Wright

Originally posted by pyrodude
These people are animals, no leader, no government, no dictator can change that.

What do you mean animals? Read what I just typed that if America didn't have the structure we did the same would be happening here.

If these people are animals, do you believe that if they were educated, they couldn't do what you or I do for a living? Do you actually think they are less intelligent than you or I?

yes, I think those rapists are stupid sub human scum, let me be clear about that, and I didn't make the post

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Stars for Angryone and Golf. I also believe we are different than them and have stated so in this thread. I do however believe that the differences come about because of how we are raised. I was raised with 2 loving parents(who later divorced) in a decent home(not perfect) and went to decent schools, played sports, worked part time jobs, went college and got a degree. This is not anything abnormal in OUR world. However kids are raised differently in the congo, schools, teachers, health care are all hard to come by and children are often drafted into militias as soon as they can hold a gun. They are not taught to value human life. There have been numerous studies on this cause/effect. I worked for a guardian program where I live, where the court would appoint a guardian for a child because the parent was unable or unfit to help the child. I have seen this very scenario here where I live, I couldn't handle it and only worked 6 cases. I think that the disparity in what I saw can easily be a starting point for the differences in our society.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Golf66

Originally posted by AngryOne Why do you believe this? DO you honestly believe that it's just a "socio-economic" thing? DO you truly believe that Africans, if given the same opportunities as, say, Europeans, would become just like Europeans?

Actually, Africans did have a chance to adopt a European lifestyle and society and some of the countries that did are perhaps the most successful in the continent’s history. The rest of the nations rejected the Eurocentric model and devolved into rampant tribalism and criminal thuggery. Haiti is the same way in our hemisphere – total failure.

Take S. Africa for instance before 1994 and the ANC won the election with Nelson Mandela as the president, the nation was stable if not entirely accommodating of the black majority. In summary, the tension due to the lack of freedoms pre-1994 has been replaced by tension due to a lack of any guarantee of personal safety.

When the ANC took over; suddenly a surge in unemployment of both blacks and whites hit the country. Desperation and hunger became the order of the day for so many and the only way to survive was to steal. Slowly things got better but it is still not enough to make a definite change. The economy has improved since, but economic disparities persist.

Now crime rates are not just highest among industrialized nations, but nearly the highest overall. Despite official statistics showing a recent decline in crime rates - murder rates have more than tripled in the New South Africa after the ANC. Most of the crime is committed in the big cities. People surround their houses with electric fencing or razor wire and alarms. The security firms are booming, and the educated of all races flee for European nations.

The question has to be asked why? There is a trend in Africa (especially in the Sub Sahara) and then Haiti as well - what is the thing all these nation-states have in common?

Could it possibly be the 800lb gorilla in the room no one wants to acknowledge? The races on the planet are different not only in physical appearance but in their mental make-up and ability - be it intellect, drive and or ability to succeed as a group.

Whatever you want to call it there is a clear and glaring disparity in the willingness of different races to surrender the individual to the greater good, their sexual habits, spending vs. saving and marital commitments along with the role of fatherhood.

There has been some research done in the past on the racial predispositions to certain social norms and mental ability, nature vs. nurture and other kinds of studies but regardless of the caliber of the study the people just won’t hear it for some reason.

TPTB want none of it leaked and while most people willingly accept that while there may be real physical differences between races any perceived differences in mental ability must be related to outside factors not genetics. I remember the Bell Curve and the controversy it generated.

Originally posted by AngryOne Well, call me what you will, but personally I don't believe that at all. They act differently because they are different. "Racist"? Or just true...?

"I am neither a social scientist, economist, nor an anthropologist"

Then why the hell are you pretending like you know ?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join