It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DR Congo: 48 rapes every hour, US study finds, 1100 Rapes Per Day in Congo

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
It may be politically incorrect to say so,
But these people just are not civilized.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by pyrodude
reply to post by DZAG Wright

DZAG, I meant exactly what I said. These people have HAD leaders and have had governments and more of them are educated then you might think. But as soon as there are no laws they resort back to committing inhuman attrocities. The US doesnt send in troops because:
1. Everytime we or other countrys have we/they suffer substantial losses
2. This is a recurring issue, this happens with every regime change, every election, every coups.

How do you stop such a thing? I have no answer for that.

But do you not know that the same would happen here in America? If right now the government was dissolved and there were no law enforcers, the rape and assault numbers would probably surpass theirs?

1. We suffer loses when we send our troops in other places but still do.
2. It's because they don't have a stable government.

You stop this by educating the people, offering them hope, removing the tyrants and helping them install a real government.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by pyrodude
reply to post by ModernAcademia

There is no such thing as an honest dictator and that is the problem, the UN claims they will prosecute war rapers but that doesnt seem to be much of a deterrent. They couldnt control the raping in Haiti either. It is sad that the strong must pray upon the weak when they are the weakest. This is however something we havent seen in Japan in the aftermath of their quake and tsunami. I am at a loss of how to explain this but it needs to be researched, not to accuse but for future prevention.

We can't control the raping in America either.

The strong will always prey upon the weak, it's embedded in our dna. It's embedded within nature. What it is, is man fighting against his natural/animal side. We after all are a created species, we're part primate and part whatever outside force mixed with us.

It isn't happening in Japan (far as we know) because they have a very old and different culture. They have a culture of servitude and respect. They are a race that will truly turn the other cheek if slapped.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by meathed

Originally posted by grizzle2

Originally posted by armtx
reply to post by pyrodude

Whites and Muslims buying slaves

Africans selling Africans into slavery

pretty sad

Not Whites, but jews. The African slave trade for America was wholly owned by Jews. They employed a few Whites as ship captains and deck hands.

Africans sold slaves that they had kidnapped from other African tribe's to the white people.
White people bought the african slave's off africans.
White man only cashed in on the africans greed. Its as sick and as simple as that.

You must keep in mind that slavery to Afrikans was totally different than what America turned it into. Many Afrikans actually believed the slaves would be returned to their land after a period of servitude.

Yes slavery was a part of Afrika as most places, but it wasn't chattel slavery. Being a slave in Afrika and many other places wasn't half as bad as over here. A slave in places such as Afrika for a comparison was basically a servant, nanny, groundskeeper, helper, etc. Not a animal that you whipped and deemed less than human.

So compare it to you breeding dogs, which you keep as pets, so you sell them too me. I now go out and have dog fights with the dogs and abuse them. Should you be called a criminal or held accountable? In your ignorance you thought everyone treated their dogs fairly.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by DZAG Wright

Whites and Muslims buying slaves

Africans selling Africans into slavery

pretty sad

Not Whites, but jews. The African slave trade for America was wholly owned by Jews. They employed a few Whites as ship captains and deck hands.

Africans sold slaves that they had kidnapped from other African tribe's to the white people.
White people bought the african slave's off africans.
White man only cashed in on the africans greed. Its as sick and as simple as that.

You must keep in mind that slavery to Afrikans was totally different than what America turned it into. Many Afrikans actually believed the slaves would be returned to their land after a period of servitude.

Yes slavery was a part of Afrika as most places, but it wasn't chattel slavery. Being a slave in Afrika and many other places wasn't half as bad as over here. A slave in places such as Afrika for a comparison was basically a servant, nanny, groundskeeper, helper, etc. Not a animal that you whipped and deemed less than human.

So compare it to you breeding dogs, which you keep as pets, so you sell them too me. I now go out and have dog fights with the dogs and abuse them. Should you be called a criminal or held accountable? In your ignorance you thought everyone treated their dogs fairly.

I have kept it in mind mate thats why i made my statement.
Africans stole women from other tribes to rape and breed with and then they sold the surplus slaves to us white folks. So don't sit there and say that the afrikan's thought their kidnapped slave's sold to the white man would be returned. Your being nieve and you aint denying ignorance.
These were tribal wars that were settled through violence , rape and slavery, It is as simple as that.
I fail to understand your comparison between dogs and africans. I think your getting confused and fustrated.
edit on 12-5-2011 by meathed because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

I have kept it in mind mate thats why i made my statement.
Africans stole women from other tribes to rape and breed with and then they sold the surplus slaves to us white folks. So don't sit there and say that the afrikan's thought their kidnapped slave's sold to the white man would be returned. Your being nieve and you aint dying ignorance.
These were tribal wars that were settled through violence , rape and slavery, It is as simple as that.
I fail to understand your comparison between dogs and africans. I think your getting confused and fustrated.

Yes Afrikans stole and raped and then sold slaves to white folks, but their understanding and definition of slave was totally different. A person could be a slave in a Afrikan village for 10 years and earn their freedom. They would then either return home or become a member of that village, and not a second class member either. So yes, the Afrikans were tricked into this chattel slavery. That's why I made the comparison of dogs and slavery. If you treated your dogs fine, how would you know there are people that fight dogs?

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Yes Afrikans stole and raped and then sold slaves to white folks, but their understanding and definition of slave was totally different. A person could be a slave in a Afrikan village for 10 years and earn their freedom. They would then either return home or become a member of that village, and not a second class member either. So yes, the Afrikans were tricked into this chattel slavery. That's why I made the comparison of dogs and slavery. If you treated your dogs fine, how would you know there are people that fight dogs?

So you are confirming and condoning the kidnapping and raping of women.
So raping someone for ten years is ok with you as long as you promise to release them

As i said , i dont understand where your mind is, nore will I on this matter.
I wont agree with you on this. I cant as i have a conscience.
And your comparison between slaves and dogs just baffles me.
edit on 12-5-2011 by meathed because: i made a mistake

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

If we didn't have a structured government in America it would be the same thing.

Why do you believe this? DO you honestly believe that it's just a "socio-economic" thing? DO you truly believe that Africans, if given the same opportunities as, say, Europeans, would become just like Europeans?

Well, call me what you will, but personally I don't believe that at all. They act differently because they are different. "Racist"? Or just true...?

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrsdudara
reply to post by grizzle2

You don't really believe that do you? If so, then you need to do some reading. You couldnt be further from the truth.
As far as I know, from reading contemporary accounts, the majority of slave traders operating on the coast of west Africa were Portugese.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Angryone I must agree with DZAG, when order was lost in New Orleans there was widespread looting, crime and hundreds of rape reports. There were women raped in the superdome, in front of others even, which was supposed to be the safe haven. DZAG, I think we need to move past who has the potential and move into discovering why this isnt in every culture. Like the Japan reference I made, there have been only a few reports of such things there, why is that and how can we capitalize on it to improve the standard across the board.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Heh, but you seem to be missing my point.
I mean, Africa and New Orleans...what do these two areas have in common?

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by AngryOne
Why do you believe this? DO you honestly believe that it's just a "socio-economic" thing? DO you truly believe that Africans, if given the same opportunities as, say, Europeans, would become just like Europeans?

Well, call me what you will, but personally I don't believe that at all. They act differently because they are different. "Racist"? Or just true...?

New Orleans natural disaster
Rape left and right during state of anarchy while Govt. kept them inside the area like lab rats.

Any questions?

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

New Orleans natural disaster
Rape left and right during state of anarchy while Govt. kept them inside the area like lab rats.
Any questions?

Yes I have one.
WHERE was the police and your government when you needed them. Why were people getting raped in front of other people while americans stood back and watched.
Why do you condone this.

Ps. AngryOne , I starred you this time as i liked what you said

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Yeah, I've got a question: Are you implying that it was "The Man's" fault? That all those poor Black folk just HAD to rape like there was no tomorrow because they're so damned "oppressed"? Nice try. I don't think so.

reply to post by butcherguy

Hmm...Portugese? Or Jews from Portugal?

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Yeah, I've got a question: Are you implying that it was "The Man's" fault? That all those poor Black folk just HAD to rape like there was no tomorrow because they're so damned "oppressed"? Nice try. I don't think so.

That's not a question, you just wanted to throw poor black folk in there while it being in New Orleans in America!
You wanted to convey, ya it was in America but it was still black people.

But who created Ghettos?

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

But who created Ghettos?

Seriously, is this a trick question?
Regardless, the answer is this: Basically, whoever is living there. In this case, Black folks.

The place does not make the people; the people make the place.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by AngryOne

By that time, most of the Jews in Portugal, Spain and France had been exterminated....

By the Catholic church.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

But who created Ghettos?

Seriously, is this a trick question?
Regardless, the answer is this: Basically, whoever is living there. In this case, Black folks.

The place does not make the people; the people make the place.

aha

Please the CIA have been pushing drugs into ghettos for decades now
Time to wake up!

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by AngryOne

By that time, most of the Jews in Portugal, Spain and France had been exterminated....
By the Catholic church.

Or at least that's what they told you.

People of all races and backgrounds deal with oppression, whether that be from the system or otherwise. What you say may or may not be true, but tell me this: Why is it that it's apparently only "minorities" who CONSTANTLY attempt to blame absolutely all of their problems on external factors? Whites can't do that - no, Whites actually take responsibility for things; why is it that "minorities" simply can't learn to do the same?

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
The whole area was raped for its natural resources by Europe, and now is resorting to raping it's own citizens. That whole area should have been one of the best places in Africa, instead it's a hell on Earth it seems. And the saddest part is that most of the world doesn't even know about it and even those that know, don't care enough to stop it.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join