It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing video shows transformers exploding in Fort Worth

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
This sort of thing happened near our farm in 2006. Transformers were literally blowing like popcorn.

We were told that there was a massive drain on the system and then it overloaded. Apparently when a grid overloads, they blow transformers.. I thought they had a kind of fuse or breaker system for such occasions...

We were without power for 3 weeks while they apparently fixed the problem. After that, you could count on the power going off with any good wind gusts or when we had a thunderstorm.

Impressive video

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Invariance

I can imagine but with this one I don't seem to see or hear any kind of lightening storm all you can here is birds one would have thought birds would disperse at the sine of a storm.

Not saying it isn't transformers blowing just pointing out what I see and hear and with that many blowing look at all the lights still on.

Thanks

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Ok as an industrial electrician I can attest to this:
Transformers short out, one time only.
Meaning, there's no way to see a transformer blow twice.
In this video, there are multiple lights from the same spot, IMHO.
Almost like a rock concert in the one particular spot.
Very interesting light colors too.
I've never witnessed anything like this on a grand scale.

What I can't understand is why the lights seem to move from one spot to another then back.
Almost as if on purpose.

If it was an electrical surge, or line of tranformers, you would see them blow up from one point to another in series. Not jumping back and forth like what we see here. But then again, I can't seem to get a good scale of things either.

So it could just be a power surge.

But that's one hell of a surge.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Hahahaha my god...NOT EVERYTHING IS A CONSPIRACY
. Seriously? It's a chain reaction caused by lightning, no other reason. My home has taken a direct hit from lightning before...it does some very weird and powerful things, like cause your garage door to open and close for 30 minutes and turn lights on and off...this is the same concept here.

Seriously though, believing in anything else besides the stated reason is completely unfounded and ridiculous.
edit on 12-5-2011 by edgecrusher2199 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by mars1
reply to post by Invariance

I can imagine but with this one I don't seem to see or hear any kind of lightening storm all you can here is birds one would have thought birds would disperse at the sine of a storm.

Not saying it isn't transformers blowing just pointing out what I see and hear and with that many blowing look at all the lights still on.

Thanks

I think you mis-read my post.
In 2006 they popped for no apparent reason on a dry summer afternoon. It was a very eerie experience.

It was only after that incident did they become rather "sensitive" to blowing during storms or wind-gusts.

~edit~ was there a switching station in the area? Perhaps if a grid went down, it switched without the power going off?

It is a very very weird incident!!
edit on 12-5-2011 by Invariance because: ammended post

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I'm surprised that no one has blamed HAARP yet.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by edgecrusher2199
Hahahaha my god...NOT EVERYTHING IS A CONSPIRACY
. Seriously? It's a chain reaction caused by a lightning, no other reason. My home has taken a direct hit from lightning before...it does some very weird and powerful things, like cause your garage door to open and close for 30 minutes and turn lights on and off...this is the same concept here.

Seriously though, believing in anything else besides the stated reason is completely unfounded and ridiculous.

A chain reaction is a series of events that take place in chronological order.
Not randomly spotted events.

And yes, there is a conspiracy in everything.
That's why this website exists.

This iis the most random set of lights, from transformers or not, I have ever witnessed.

To add to my first post.
The aformentioned area where all the lights seem to show is very dark.
So a major hit on a 24kV line or pole might cause this.

But how can someone catch that on video?
And why would it last so long?
Also, why would the same spots light up? (as it appears)
Unless we are witnessing the open air fuses blow and then the transformers...

Like I said before, once a transformer blows, that's it. It's dead.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Possible link to extra sun activity? Was there not something recently about strange new particles from the sun in antarctica (could of been debunked as false, not sure)?

Science of all this is a bit beyond me but wouldn't increasing sun activity play with air particles anyway and possibly make them more 'charged'? Please feel free to correct me on this one..........

Combined with shifting geo magnetic poles, would this affect us more? Or less? Or am i talking rubbish?
(entirely possible!)

As we are basically electrons and protons fizzing around and electrically charged, would all this affect us in any way? Strange things have always 'happened' around highly magnetically charged areas - have they actually happened or has our perception of events changed due to these?

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
In the last video on pg 1 by mars there seems to be some lights that fade in and out in the sky in the first 30 sec. Definately not lightning as they last a lot longer than a lightning stike. There a few of them to stationary lights in the sky that fade in and fade out.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Yes, I noticed two small white objects in the sky for part of the video too...then they vanished.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Reminded me of the movie "Skyline" with the glowing lights on the ground.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by verylowfrequency

That thought came to my mind too.

Anyway back on topic found this.

FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) – As storms rolled through the Metroplex Tuesday night amateur photographer Brian Luesner had his camera trained on the sky and captured some amazing photographs of lightning raining down on the city of Fort Worth.

Link dfw.cbslocal.com...

Then further down in the comments this.

Inkedscorp
If you really believe that once a transformer explodes that it can keep lighting up in a choreographed way, then naive is the only word that comes to mind. Watch the lights at the source closely and I think it’s easy to rule out transformers exploding.

Just like havok tried to point out.

Thanks

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
So what are those lights at 00:13-00:27?
look at the sky

at first i thought stars, and then i thought planes, but then i realized i have no clue.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by mars1

What befuddles me is that there is no media attention to this video.
Well as of right now.

I have a hard time seeing exactly what this is.
Let's all face facts here...
If the local news team is anything like mine, they'd be on this like white on rice.
Swarming investigations just to get locals reactions.

But yet I see no news coverage of the sort.
And if these lights happened anywhere around me, there would be one.

So if someone finds the story please link it.
It would help tremendously.

Other than that...cool video.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Sorry folks. Being discussed here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by mars1

Believe it or not as I think I saw ALMOST everything on ATS I seriously thought about... you know... Transformers. The other ones.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by havok
reply to post by mars1

What befuddles me is that there is no media attention to this video.
Well as of right now.

I have a hard time seeing exactly what this is.
Let's all face facts here...
If the local news team is anything like mine, they'd be on this like white on rice.
Swarming investigations just to get locals reactions.

But yet I see no news coverage of the sort.
And if these lights happened anywhere around me, there would be one.

I agree with you. And, here's the thing: imagine you are a journalist and want to do a piece on the WEIRDNESS of this event and venture into some of the contradictions of the explanations... And your editor got a phone call you don't know about, and he tells you simply to "Let it go." You press him, and the reply is now "Let it go or get a job elsewhere." In these times, such a journalistic crusader would find it hard to pay for a meal if he stuck to his resolve. Therefore, for stories such as this, we can only hope journalists might post stories on sites like ATS.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by mars1

Beat ya to it

Check out the discussion here www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Watch the first video..

Watch the lights in the Sky...

That's what happens when UFOS suck energy from the electric power grid.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Yes you did swills but yours is in the Breaking General News so I think its aloud this is the third time that the search don't want to play then again very different titles.

So I take nothing away from you bravo

reply to post by havok

This is the British take on it.

Battle at Fort Worth: How a string of electrical explosions lit up night sky like a scene from Star Wars

At first it looks like Texas is being attacked from the sky.
Dozens of fluorescent explosions sweep through the night in bursts of bright blue, orange and green flashes.
But the mysterious scene was actually caused by large numbers of electrical transformers exploding during a recent lightning storm in Fort Worth.

Link www.dailymail.co.uk...
Now that is a sensational title
But no matter how many times I watch I don't see no lightning storm and all I can hear is the tweety birds

Thanks

edit on 013131p://2011-05-12T13:49:57-05:00125 by mars1 because: To add reply

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join