It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

are we in for a ZARDOZ - esque radiated future? massive radiation levels!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   

video says it all, disturbing to say the least!
edit on 12-5-2011 by woodnut86 because: title change, more detail

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by woodnut86

thank you for this find.
if this true are we all BBQ!

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Oh my. If those models are indeed accurate, I fear that we are in for a long ride. And I fear we may be going about this without the masses knowing what's going on around them. This is surely something the MSM will either completely ignore or try to spin.

T.S. Elliot wrote, "This is the way the world ends, not with a bang but a whimper."

Let's hope this isn't that whimper.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   
let's hope this isn't that whimper indeed!

if these are right then we are in for a shocking future that the MSM will definately spin their way out of or ignore for years. hope these are totally wrong and it's just some sick joke.

i love dutch and his videos/research, he's a top bloke for what he does!

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   
I believe this is a little overblown, if you look at the data going back to 2008, you can see that it is still showing a lot of *SOMETHING* even back then... Im not 100% what this is showing, but take a look...

Not as much, but enough to make you want some second opinions from people "in the know".... anyone have any experience reading these?
edit on 12-5-2011 by sm0k3 because: edit to add link..

edit on 12-5-2011 by sm0k3 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-5-2011 by sm0k3 because: Removed the word radiation now that I know what I am looking at lol

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by sm0k3

Pay Attention to the information that image provides. It's tracking sodium carbonate, NaCO in milligrams per square meter. Also remember that this is an atmospheric transport program and it tracks more than just radioactive elements in the air. NILU also tracks volcanic ash and other particulates, and the NaCO trace isn't indicating radioactivity as much ad it is tracking distribution.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mapkar
reply to post by sm0k3

Pay Attention to the information that image provides. It's tracking sodium carbonate, NaCO in milligrams per square meter. Also remember that this is an atmospheric transport program and it tracks more than just radioactive elements in the air. NILU also tracks volcanic ash and other particulates, and the NaCO trace isn't indicating radioactivity as much ad it is tracking distribution.

Like I said, I didnt know what I was looking at, thanks for clearing that up.... now, does anyone see any specific radiation traces in the old data we can compare the new data to?
edit on 12-5-2011 by sm0k3 because: Sounded a bit harsh, wasnt intended!

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Mapkar

thanks for pointing that out.

the more people who really know what they're looking at that reply to this and check out this new data, the quicker we can resolve weather or not we should be overly concerned. have to admit it knocked me back a breath or two when i first looked through it. but yeah again i'm far from qualified to be giving any real opinion on it, needs looking into alot more first.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by sm0k3

I like the edit reason, I wasn't trying to be sharp in my response either, I just put the information out there in a straight forward way.

You're probably better off looking for existing records that detail the distribution of the elements and radiation readings in question for specific locations and then comparing them to the same type of measurements taken now rather than a map that is very dependent on weather patterns. it's also worth noting that someone should figure how much radiation is emitted by 1bq/m2 of the isotopes in question here, maybe in mS/h for a general idea as to what level of exposure and impact we're looking at.
edit on 12-5-2011 by Mapkar because: Fixed my phone's autocor- automistake.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Whats with the name in the internet address. ZARDOZ. They are really #ing with our minds I think.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   

I'm far from qualified only being a college student, but with that being said I enjoy research and this topic is fascinating. I agree on trying to get some knowledge here, and like my other post says, I think it's important to translate the amount of material into a working exposure rate. A pound of Sodium and a pound of plutonium have different radiation levels, but there's still a pound of them both. It'd be more helpful go have a working estimate that makes the potential threat level a more clearly defined number b

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mapkar
reply to post by sm0k3

I like the edit reason, I wasn't trying to be sharp in my response either, I just put the information out there in a straight forward way.

You're probably better off looking for existing records that detail the distribution of the elements and radiation readings in question for specific locations and then comparing them to the same type of measurements taken mow rather than a map that is very dependent on weather patterns. it's also worth noting that someone should figure how much radiation is emitted by 1bq/m2 of the isotopes in question here, maybe in mS/h for a general idea as to what level of exposure and impact we're looking at.

Good call, Ill have to do some more research into each of these isotopes and see exactly how lethal they are in these doses, and compare that to years past...

I wish I paid more attention in science class, Im a tech guy... this kinda goes over my head lol

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by stavis

Either way you cut it even if it were less than what the sites showed this is something that is just going to get worse and worse. they have no immediate solutions. Don't fool yourself into thinking that you don't have to be concerned. This is a deadly threat that we wont notice over night or throughout the day. Not fearmongering promise. Just please people dont turn your backs to this. If you dont think its serious enough for you to care now just wait another month.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

So glad you posted this, I just so it on youtube and I really believe it is something we need to keep up with along with everything else going on right now. All News and websites have seemed to have shut down all at once. Nothing on floods, and River level maps down, [for security reasons] Now this. There is not even any news on Japan anymore, and they had a 6.1 mag today.

Does anyone know where we can still get some of the pills?

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
While I commend the OP for keeping up the awareness regarding what is going on in Japan and with radiation levels, keep in mind that these are merely projections not actual readings. Also, be cautious when listening to Dutchsinse. He's a bit of a fearmonger. This is a guy who censors comments on his YouTube Channel. I can understand removing offensive material, but anyone who disagrees with him in the least is removed and blocked.
Beware of any platform or forum where your 1st Amendment rights are shattered. I'm not seeking to damage anyone here, just saying be cautious, Brothers and Sisters.

Here's a crowdsourced site that monitors nationwide radiation levels: radiationnetwork.com...

Do a little research and find your own...whatever you feel is most credible. Also, go to YouTube and search Leuren Moret.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Mapkar

Are they missing a 3 or something on the Oxygen?
NaCO I think it's an impossible or really unstable compound... is it just a typo? Just so were on the same page

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by glitchinthematrix

That is s a very good link, and you are right. There is so much going on in the world and everyone needs to look at all of the different angles. With all the info at our finger tips, we really need to learn what we can about the reality of what is going on. Star for that Link.

new topics

top topics

join