It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comcast BLOCKing Piratebay?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by sm0k3

OH that is Bull# My wireless and phone randomly will shut off for about 1-3 hours and they tell me its a weak signal just like you. But i never get offered free days maybe im to nice on the phone! But i have to be honest they do get there tech guys out to my house pretty fast

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bixxi3
reply to post by sm0k3

OH that is Bull# My wireless and phone randomly will shut off for about 1-3 hours and they tell me its a weak signal just like you. But i never get offered free days maybe im to nice on the phone! But i have to be honest they do get there tech guys out to my house pretty fast

Its part of their "guarantee"...

but you have to demand they do it or else they just blow you off. I have dealt with them so many times... If you dont step up, they will try to walk right over you....

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
I have AT&T, not Comcast, and I can't get the page to load either...It's probably just a problem with their site.
At least I'm hoping it is.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Loading fine for me, but I'm not a Comcast user.

However, I have had instances where the site wouldn't load for a day or two. It could just be a DNS problem on PB's end. I don't think they exactly have the best servers in the world.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
This appears that Comcast and possibly AT&T are blocking traffic to and from thepiratebay.org. I think this is analogous to the little boy who stuck his finger in the dike to plug the leak. Eventually the torrents will continue to flow unimpeded as the internet perceives censorship as damage and routes around it.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I'd just like to say that I'm accessing TPB fine here in Australia through my ISP. I hope this situation is resolved for you guys soon, and that if Comcast are censoring that they get a digital slap in the face

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by JusticeIsComing

Thats what i was thinking at first(still hoping too) but it would seem its really widespread and A few other users and I have been able to connect through proxy. so it might really actually be comcast just deciding to start blocking which i believe is illegal according to net neutrality laws

EDIT: Can't connect at home either!
edit on 12-5-2011 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Ok just found some more info.

Starting few hours ago, Comcast subscribers began reporting issues with accessing The Pirate Bay.

Several tests and numerous user reports reveal that Comcast subscribers from all across the United States are unable to connect to The Pirate Bay. The traceroute from Comcast connections stops at thepiratebay.piratpartiet.se, as it’s supposed to, but The Pirate Bay website does not appear. Further tests show that the blockade is not DNS related. What is actually causing the issue is uncertain at this point.

The Pirate Bay team have confirmed that they are not the ones who are blocking, and they’re investigating the issue.

Update

edit on 12-5-2011 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Be advised... this kind of thing will become more frequent as we go down the road....

Net neutrality bill to block search engines too....

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Ok just an update. It would seem there not blocking piratebay (and i can get back on) But what happened im not sure. later on a piratebay webserver died but that did not account for the weird "blackout" comcast users were getting. anyone comcast people having trouble still?

Update: Jason Livingood, Executive Director Internet Systems Engineering at Comcast told TorrentFreak: “Please note that we do not block websites and we are NOT blocking The Pirate Bay.”

torrentfreak.com...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join