It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there a hurricane or some type of heavy weather system approaching Europe?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Well I first saw this on GLP and it made me think, it's hot here in Holland.
Link for kudos

Everywhere in Europe it really warm, I mean it's tropical lately. And it was tropical in April to, we had a little rain and good temperatures.

Now over Iceland and the North Pole the air is a bit colder, in the states you've had heartbreaking storm systems tearing trough your country. Well we have had the thread about the pillars of warm water flowing to Europe. That I can't find trough the search function. (If someone could find it for me if you know the name)

So warm water from both sides of the ocean, hot air over continental Europe and cold temperatures above and behind whatever it may be.

And this warning from 2005 about Europe getting hotter from the bbc.

I am no global warming fan, at all.

I believe that it's mostly natural.

BBC link.

Now my question you to all is cause I aint no expert, but what is it and can that system maintain the crossing over the Atlantic and hit Europe?
This is the loop, of the system in question.

Screenshot of the system in question

Is it possible, I personally have never seen one hitting Holland.

But my mom did,
We had severe weather in 1953
www.schooltv.nl...
[
Translation in English from google translate so don't try to be like my English teacher.

It's 1953 ... In the night of Saturday, January 31 on Sunday, February 1. The storm very hard, but it happens more often in that time of year. And it is high water, but also occur quite often. Why were the people who just go to bed Saturday night. That night, fanning the northwesterly wind up to hurricane force. It is high tide. That means the water is even higher. The disaster happens in a few hours. The water flows over the dikes. Break through the dikes. The water strikes with great force against the inner dikes. Polders and fill up the water reaches yet another dam, which also breaks through. Most dikes break between three and six hours during the night. Giant waves of some two meters high rollers in the polders. This whole area in South Holland and Zeeland is flooded. The compounds, such as telephone lines are broken in hard-hit areas. Therefore, the rest of the Netherlands had no idea how bad the people and animals in Zeeland are ready.

edit on 11/5/11 by sevensheeps because: How do you embed this video?

edit on 11/5/11 by sevensheeps because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
So yes or no or maybe even a maybe? What do you think and what is your opinion on this?

I really have to go to bed cause it's 4 midnight here.

Peace

edit on 11/5/11 by sevensheeps because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by sevensheeps

Thats a water vapour picture, the wind moves the vapour, so its up too the wind, influenced by jet stream i dont think so jet stream too high?? just guessing,, ya seems to be a new pattern of low level wind velocity , co-ordinating in patterns not yet stabalized,, going your way ,, who knows

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by sevensheeps

That tropical weather is ours.......give it back!

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Here's the vid from GLP showing the "vortex" forming. It just looks like a plain mid lattitude low pressure system. Or is there something I'm missing?

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
The great storm of October 1987 that hit Southern England was classed as a hurricane, but I don't think it hit Holland.

It was headed that way over Northern France, but then turned at the last minute (after forecasters told us all to get a good night's sleep because it would DEFINITELY miss us) and whacked us full bore.

BBC weatherman Michael Fish still hasn't lived down THAT forecast !

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
It is just a normal low pressure system. It was discussed the other day on this thread. Hurricanes require much much warmer water to form than the water that resides in the Northern Atlantic.

edit on 12-5-2011 by webpirate because: spelling

top topics

join