It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boy, 10, murders his Neo-Nazi father...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

His father ran his home as the HQ for one of the US largest neo-nazi groups. I understand the media picks out stuff for dramatic effect but surely this is somewhat of an exception

edit on 11-5-2011 by Johnny76 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Version100

How do you know it wasn't an accident caused by the gun being
loaded and the boy being 10 ?

I don't know at all. I wasn't there.

The story is so charged with BS and political divisiveness I don't know what to believe.

My initial assumption was that it was murder since the headline says "Murders".

Accidental discharges are accidents, not murder. Manslaughter is a better term for an accident. Involuntary.

I apologize for making hasty assumptions. They made an ass outta me didn't they? Hey, you live and learn right?

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Johnny76

His father ran his home as the HQ for one of the US largest neo-nazi groups. I understand the media picks out stuff for dramatic effect but surely this is somewhat of an exception

If it was an accidental discharge of a firearm and involuntary manslaughter, politics has nothing to do with this.

It could happen to anyone who is not practicing gun safety. It sucks but it happens fairly often.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Originally posted by Johnny76

If it was an accidental discharge of a firearm and involuntary manslaughter, politics has nothing to do with this.

It could happen to anyone who is not practicing gun safety. It sucks but it happens fairly often.

Yes i understand your point but in this case it can hardly be easy to disclose his father's activity without it sounding evil in a news headline. For example, you couldnt head "Neo-Nazi loving husband and father killed"

The child was being brainwashed and led into a world of pure race hatred and evil. My view is that the media is in no way at fault in this case

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I tried finding more info on this story and accidently came across a web site where the members are proud to be white. People who knew him are saying he was a loving man
and don't accept the story, some are blaming the Jews.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Odds are this kid was getting bullied and harassed and at school as well as the smircks from the neighbourhood.

The kid more then likely got sick of his dad's antics that prevented him from living a normal life and affecting his social life.

In smaller communities you will have those that will whisper behind the families backs and say things like "That's the racist family from Sycamore Avenue". Parents of friends more then likely pressured their kids into ending the friendships.

I would not throw the book at the kid but put him on "Conditional Probation" for the next 25 years by mandating mandatory probation office visits, mandate that he must graduate both middle and high school all while telling him that if he messes up once he will do the minimum amount of time allowed by law.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   

We don't. I searched for more information on the story and couldn't find any indication that the shooting was either accidental or on purpose.

However, the story uses the term 'murder', and the child's lawyer is seeking to pursue an insanity plea. I feel that if there was any chance this was accidental, the lawyer would be pursuing that as it would leave much more room for leniency on the child, and would most likely elicit sympathy from the courtroom.

I think what most likely happened (again, think because I can't find any definitive answers), is that the child confessed to police about the murder and admitted that he did it on purpose. The story is making it seem as if he did it because of his father's political views, but that seems a lot more difficult to swallow. Abuse might be a more likely explanation.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by drwizardphd

We don't. I searched for more information on the story and couldn't find any indication that the shooting was either accidental or on purpose.

However, the story uses the term 'murder', and the child's lawyer is seeking to pursue an insanity plea. I feel that if there was any chance this was accidental, the lawyer would be pursuing that as it would leave much more room for leniency on the child, and would most likely elicit sympathy from the courtroom.

I think what most likely happened (again, think because I can't find any definitive answers), is that the child confessed to police about the murder and admitted that he did it on purpose. The story is making it seem as if he did it because of his father's political views, but that seems a lot more difficult to swallow. Abuse might be a more likely explanation.

You know how the media loves to sensationalize everything to drum up their ratings, that is all this is!
edit on 12-5-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join