It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A schoolboy from Cambridgeshire wears a skirt to school

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles
Homophobia is fictitious, and does not actually exist in reality? I don't understand this comparison.

I can assue you that homophobia is as real as reality. As a gay man, who has been "bullied" for being who I am, i think I'm qualified to comment. IF you were saying that homophobia is in the minds of the homophibic, then I would also agre with you, and see where you're coming from. (to cover both angles)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Definite is a strong word. Do you have proof? Do you know these supposed "bullies" personally?

No, I don't know these bullies. The 'bullies' we speak of are, as far as we know, only hypothetical for the time being. However, based on personal observation and my knowledge of human nature, I believe that these bullies may become a reality.

Originally posted by HardbeatAcolyte
Homophobia is fictitious, and does not actually exist in reality? I don't understand this comparison.

You have either misunderstood what I meant by my usage of the term 'witch-hunt', or you know what I meant but are putting words in my mouth. I meant that you are looking to brand others as something undesirable - in this case a homophobe - on the flimsiest of evidence, as people once accused others of witchcraft.

As am I.

That is admirable. Nonetheless, I disagree with your judgmental opinion of JakiusFogg.
edit on 13/5/11 by HardbeatAcolyte because: clarification

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic
I can assue you that homophobia is as real as reality. As a gay man, who has been "bullied" for being who I am, i think I'm qualified to comment. IF you were saying that homophobia is in the minds of the homophibic, then I would also agre with you, and see where you're coming from. (to cover both angles)

I think you misunderstood BrokenCircles' post - it was being implied that I was denying the existence of homophobia, because I compared a judgment of JakiusFogg's post to a witch-hunt, because I don't think there was any ground to accuse him of homophobia, just as there would be no ground to accuse him of witchcraft

edit on 13/5/11 by HardbeatAcolyte because: formatting fix

edit on 13/5/11 by HardbeatAcolyte because: clarification

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
The authority of Science will actually tell us that this boy is right.

It is really common to have rules for pants instead of shorts in offices. This goes against nature. Heat effects the male reproductive system and decreases fertility. That people wait to have children does not remedy this situation. Actually, there should be grounds for a lawsuit for people who are refused to wear shorts in the office if the women are allowed to wear dresses. There is also grounds for claiming that heat might damage the sperm, so deformed babies are born because of these customs.

Scientifically men should embrace dresses, because low fertility is a huge problem in many parts of the west. And, you won't get gay by wearing a dress. Many of the most kick-ass men through history have not wore pants. And the world will not end if men starts to wear dresses. Actually, if you are trying to get a woman pregnant keeping down the body-temperature is rather important.

This boy was spot-on, and it is actually the others who are wrong.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Just as a point of clarification.

I wouldn't mind wearing a skirt, but I do not want to wear a dress.

Do you know the difference?

skirt/skərt/ Noun: A woman's outer garment fastened around the waist and hanging down around the legs.

dress/dres/ Noun: A one-piece garment for a woman or girl that covers the body and extends down over the legs.

As for my skirt, it would have to be something close to a formal Ross tartan kilt.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6d95b06662a2.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

Oh dear, you really do not know how to read do you.

Re-read my posts. you will note that that I was not in-fact calling anyone gay, but more over pointing out the reality, YES the reality of what will now be done to him and what will follow him through his life in secondary school! This is nothing about homophobia. this is about bullying. PLAIN and SIMPLE

Do you know how I know this BC? do you really want to #ing know HOW I KNOW THIS???

Because, that boy you see there, was me at that age. And I KNOW clearly and with sharp relief, what will happen to that kid every day for the rest of his time there.

So I am glad that YOU are comfortable with you sexuality. that is not the point.

We will never know the sexual orientation of this lad not that it matters. because it is NOT THE.... POINT

The point is, he better know how to protect himself, as he just made him the biggest target to those that live off making your LIFE A LIVING HELL. even down to different times of the day means a different thing they do to you.

I am glad you never experienced this.

maybe you should have. It puts perspective to the oppressive rubbish you spout in the n name of freedom from oppression. To know what your talking about you need to know what that is first!

I survived, there are many who haven't and sadly still many who will not.

edit on 13/5/2011 by JakiusFogg because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by JakiusFogg

OK, Maybe it is cynical of me, Maybe since my time at school children have become more mature.

More open to a well though out politically motivated stance making a point and sticking it to the man ATS style

Or maybe they will just see a boy wearing a girls skirt! and act accordingly to their age and surroundings of intense peer pressure to conform.

Which do you think it will be

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Quotation Marks

BC I also suggest you read this and learn to recognise their use in context.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by JakiusFogg

Quotation Marks
BC I also suggest you read this and learn to recognise their use in context.

Oh dear, you really do not know how to read do you.

Question Mark

Why is it that the first thought, that you had, after reading this OP, was the term 'gayer'? Who actually is the one with the homosexual thoughts? Is it this 12 year old boy? Is it the "bullies" at his school? Or maybe, just maybe, it is YOU?!?

We will never know the sexual orientation of this lad not that it matters. because it is NOT THE.... POINT
I know this is not the point. I could not care less what his sexual orientation is. That is his decision, and his personal business. You are the one who brought up the topic in the 1st place.

I am glad you never experienced this.

I did not state any personal experiences.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Back when I was in school, the girls were campaigning against not being allowed to wear trousers in the winter when it was below zero! I said I would come into school in a skirt as a protest and I was going to do it, but the teachers gave in and changed their policy. I would have done it as I thought it was bang out of order to not allow the girls to keep bloody warm!!

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Damnn

Why did I not think of this!!??

Good lad..

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

I think we'll leave it there. You just don't get it do you? and such a simple concept too.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   
what a gay attire . hehe . how about the girl? what are they wearing that time? wew

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   

I think we'll leave it there. You just don't get it do you? and such a simple concept too.

I agree, there is no point to continue this. I just have 1 last thing to say.

You are correct it is a simple concept. It is your mentality that is flawed. Your mentality is the same as the mentality of the 'bullies' that you speak of. That is where the problem lies. That is where the change needs to begin.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join