It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Jazeera World: I knew bin Laden

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Here is a rather interesting perspective recently done/release by Al Jazeera. It's a good 40+ minute long view from some of those who claim to know him. I make no claim on it's veracity. Just thought some here would appreciate it.

Enjoy

Ahmad Zaidan, Al Jazeera's Islamabad correspondent, speaks to people who knew Osama bin Laden.

I knew bin Laden can be seen from Tuesday, May 10, at the following times GMT: Tuesday: 2000; Wednesday: 1200; Thursday: 0100; Friday: 0600.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Realizing it's a long video. I'll await responses before commenting on the topic. Would love to hear others members chime in after viewing it.

Thanks.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
It's actually good to get a complete perspective on Osama bin Laden, I learned a thing or two in this video. A lot of people might take offense that the video features people who love or respect OBL for his deeds. Obviously when he was fighting Soviets in Afghanistan we in the west called him a "freedom fighter". From the video it's also obvious he must still have a great deal of respect as a defender of Afghanistan and Pakistan and that the politics involved between Arabs, Pakistan, Afghanistan and even Bhutto is/was way more complex then has been portrayed in western media.

One observation I've come away with from the video is that OBL was very-pro Arabic, pro-Islam, he clearly wanted to help the poor in Sudan and Afghanistan, but his tactics for ridding those regions of "corrupt" western influence (as he surely saw it) led him to commit atrocious acts that pitted all of Islam on a collision course with western ideology.

In some respects there has always been something brewing just beneath the surface as Islam and Islamic countries, which in many ways are still centuries behind western nations in technology and wealth, that would create a severe culture clash, OBL represents what may best be described as an outlier, someone who represents the face of that clash in a very dramatic and, let's face it, evil fashion. The sentiment against western influence and corruption in Islamic countries is very wide-spread, but most don't have OBL's means (wealth and power) to do anything about it.

It's easy of make a knee-jerk reaction to someone like OBL - "oh he's just evil, he only hated us for our freedoms", but that does a grave disservice to understanding just how OBL came to be and who will step up to fill his shoes. Because one thing we in the west haven't done is try to treat Islam or Arabs as anything other than sub-humans, deserving them or their countries of little more than exploitation.

Excellent video, well worth watching.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

I appreciate the feedback. I thought it was interesting.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Thanks for the video, Slayer. Always good to see the world from multiple perspectives.

I'm sure he, like many others throughout history, believed what he was fighting for was right. It doesn't always look the same from the other side. And in their fights, people die. Not too long ago I reread one of his letters. If I had read that not knowing what had come of his leadership (in whatever capacity...CIA or not and after) )and what was yet to come, it made some sense.

bin Laden's 'letter to America' Revisited

We could go back to the dawn of time to see who did what to who first and why, and that's only if we got an accurate accounting of history. I think it's a sad world when we just can't live and let live, but such is the world we have.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Very very interesting. I myself had been wondering about OBL's kidney problems. I recall a interview with a shopkeeper near the compound who claimed that two men would buy chocolate milk and soda with cash. Strikes me a man with Bin Ladens money would like western luxuries like that. After watching that video I am now wondering if Bin Laden was just the front man. The well spoken and highly thought of [in Afghanastan and Pakistan] mouth piece for the group. I now have more questions then ever....

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
thank you for the thread. i dont have time to watch it tonight, but an insight in obl would be intersting and worth watching.

kx

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Usually, I don't watch 40 minutes videos. Glad I watched this one.

The beginning of this gave me a feeling of being at at a funeral where people are talking about the good qualities of a person who was really bad.

But as the video went on that perception faded. Osama was passionate about his cause.

I must say that the US have done a good job as portraying Osama as a monster. Most people I know are unaware of his past and how he became the person he was.

Look forward to more comments on this thread.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

You know, I came away with the same perception.
I doubt this thread will get much play from those who have rallied around Osama the Martyr.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I always tended to think I knew a good deal of information about bin Laden, boy was I wrong.

This video clearly outlines many possible misconceptions about bin Laden, and weighs in with great informative interviews with people he has met. The people go on to explain in great detail their perspective of this man. The general consensus is that he was a generous man who believed greatly in the Muslim religion and the end of Western influences. Interesting to note that he was simply a messenger, not necessarily the leader. I almost passed this video up, and interesting enough enjoyed viewing learning about this man from a different perspective. Personally, I cannot shed any outside knowledge about this man, but I do know that the western media/government sure do exploit the man for various purposes.

Thanks for the post Slayer.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
My conclusion from the video.

Sheik Bin Laden couldn't tell the difference between the Russians and the Americans so he went to Sudan where the government took over his 10 million dollar investments and gave him little thanks. If this is a result of his Quran painting all non-Muslims with the same broad brush or not, I'm not sure. But I think there is an argument to be made there.

What ultimately defeated him? He wasn't able to control his image in the world media. In this posthumous video there are countless people saying how nice, humble, and affable he was. Where were all these testimonials before he died.

The twisted inside-out version? If one makes themselves a champion and creates an international reputation for something; then mabe anyone can do any heinous thing and claim it was for your cause. Even Ozzy Osborne had to defend himself in court that he wasn't advocating suicide. Osama never went to court over his image.

David Grouchy
edit on 12-5-2011 by davidgrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Is this the Uncle Binny show? Is it a beautiful day in the neighborhood?

Even if we throw out 9/11...no credit given and boy did he want the credit.

He is a psychotic, hyper vigilant narcissist who repeatedly sent his warriors into war and left with them to die. And the deaths they were dying were for him, to him because he was "jihad". He had three wives NOW, because he rotated them like tires. He has sold, no traded in children and slaves. He has demonized children and participated in tactics in child rearing at the level of the Mongol Tatars.

As for women, there is no time to go into this.

This man lacked not only a moral compass, he lacked humanity.

Boo hoo and bye bye, Binny

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by angelchanneller

One quick question, did you even watch the video or are you just making jibes to earn some attention? If you watch the video, one comes away with the thought that bin Laden wasn't the person in power like everyone says he was. He was only up there because of how nice he could be to other Muslims and his money, but not the mastermind, or at least that's what the people say who've met him. But your right, you've probably met him, seen his sadistic ways and how he treats his three wives? Try hitting the play button next time before making an unwarranted post.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by higns07

One quick question, did you even watch the video or are you just making jibes to earn some attention?

Promise I did.

If you watch the video, one comes away with the thought that bin Laden wasn't the person in power like everyone says he was.

I know and I have compassion for this. I have had compassion for Hitler as well. Really I am not pandering to you.

He was only up there because of how nice he could be to other Muslims and his money, but not the mastermind, or at least that's what the people say who've met him.

I know about this, and I am sure, as with Hitler, there were and are people who love him. Hitler's secretary through ou the entire Third Reich and to this day has not a bad word, enjoyed that side of him along with others who never saw the the Final Solution side of him.

But your right, you've probably met him, seen his sadistic ways and how he treats his three wives?

My family lived in the Middle East for many years. We are so fond of the Middle East. He does not do the Middle East service. I have cared for the education of the Saudi families (royal) children here in the States and been at the celebration of birth of their children.

Try hitting the play button next time before making an unwarranted post.

When were the chosen to decide when a posts was or was not warranted. If bin Laden is what you want us to take away with us about the Middle East. God help you. I am raising my children differently.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Okay so how do you come away with what you posted in your first post? You provided all these comments, but no explanation of where you came to understand them, that's simply why I questioned what you said. And believe me, I'm not trying to cover for bin Laden, but surely the man cannot be the boogeyman as our Western media hypes him up to be. We are simply lied to daily, and it was refreshing to see a new perspective on the matter. I've never been to the Middle East, but I've read many books. For instance, soldiers from both sides to use to party together during the Crusades because they no longer knew what they were fighting for, which has happened in many wars. That's the stuff that I like to see and hear from the Middle East, why...? because its refreshing to know that we are all humans, but the people in power here in the US and there keep us fighting for their own personal and political gains. All I'm saying is this man is more than likely a scapegoat to keep us occupied while they do something in the shadows.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by higns07

Okay so how do you come away with what you posted in your first post?

Channel is in "quotes".

I channel..."There can be no mistake or error that this man cannot be idolized at this time for any reason. He was once a high spiritual man in the Middle East, much like a Cardinal in the Vatican, a Master in the East, etc. He was questioned on the slaving and treatment of his warriors and he was not amenable. He became a sociopath who not only betrayed his family and peoples he betrayed us all. The man that was there is long since gone. We think that may be why others believe he has died since. "

You provided all these comments, but no explanation of where you came to understand them, that's simply why I questioned what you said. And believe me, I'm not trying to cover for bin Laden, but surely the man cannot be the boogeyman as our Western media hypes him up to be. We are simply lied to daily, and it was refreshing to see a new perspective on the matter.

"You should know that on the spiritual planes there is no greater grief than to lose a brother. Osama was our brother. Know this, he chose this path."

I've never been to the Middle East, but I've read many books. For instance, soldiers from both sides to use to party together during the Crusades because they no longer knew what they were fighting for, which has happened in many wars. That's the stuff that I like to see and hear from the Middle East, why...? because its refreshing to know that we are all humans, but the people in power here in the US and there keep us fighting for their own personal and political gains. All I'm saying is this man is more than likely a scapegoat to keep us occupied while they do something in the shadows.

"We wish we could encourage you at this time, Osama will be able to change this where he is now. We must discourage you from elevating him at this time."

"To encourage you, elevate yourself. Read Hafiz, Arabian Nights, the prose and poems of the region, the music, get invited to the community centers and dance....ignore the politics, like you yourself just said, others can only take from you personal power and politics, if you are not out dancing and learning. So dance and learn!"

" You are light on our hearts."

Wow, the Arabic angels took a liking to you. I hope this is meaningful to you, I would not know.

new topics

top topics

join