It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

bin Laden's 'letter to America' Revisited

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
It's kind of eerie reading this letter again, almost 8 years later, and reflecting on all that's happened since.

And really, it doesn't matter if you believe he really wrote it or not. Someone did.

If the Americans refuse to listen to our advice and the goodness, guidance and righteousness that we call them to, then be aware that you will lose this Crusade Bush began, just like the other previous Crusades in which you were humiliated by the hands of the Mujahideen, fleeing to your home in great silence and disgrace. If the Americans do not respond, then their fate will be that of the Soviets who fled from Afghanistan to deal with their military defeat, political breakup, ideological downfall, and economic bankruptcy.

This paragraph in particular got me. I wonder how much if any got lost in translation, and how much attention anyone really paid to it, if any.

Here's the full text of the letter in case you're interested or have never seen it. Link

[edit on 8/9/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Not much I can add. S+f.

Found this a while back and kept it.

Osama interview

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
You know...bin Laden never claimed responsibility did he? His words just seem more and more prophetic.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Was just revisiting this again today. So much about 9/11 bothers me, and this is but one of the many, many things that is apparently being wiped from the collective consciousness.

reply to post by Myendica

"I have already said that I am not involved in the 11 September attacks in the United States. As a Muslim, I try my best to avoid telling a lie. I had no knowledge of these attacks, nor do I consider the killing of innocent women, children and other humans as an appreciable act. Islam strictly forbids causing harm to innocent women, children and other people. Such a practice is forbidden even in the course of a battle.

I remember hearing about this interview. Whether it was real or not, whether he was lying or not, it still should have been bigger "news" and a bigger discussion. But it appears to have been overshadowed by the agenda the opportunists set.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
You know...bin Laden never claimed responsibility did he? His words just seem more and more prophetic.

In 2004 Bin Laden admit he carried out the attack on 9/11.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

"I have already said that I am not involved in the 11 September attacks in the United States. As a Muslim, I try my best to avoid telling a lie.

Your best wasn't good enough... The US government is far better at lies and convincing the American people and the world than you could have ever dreamed of being... At your best!

Being a former CIA operative, Bin Laden was many things to many people... He was the perfect boogieman.

Was

edit on 11-9-2011 by Fractured.Facade because: fix quote

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Paulioetc15

from what I gather, it was in a video. and experts disagree to the validity of the video. So if it hasn't been confirmed as truthful and accurate, we cannot accept it until it is determined accurate.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paulioetc15

Hard to do when you've been dead three years already.

top topics

join