It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what water-boarding Really looks like--Video and discussion..

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
my Friend sent me this... and i watched it... its short.. produced by the Playboy channel ..

it shows a REAL waterbording by a trained member of the U.S. military,,
Guy bet that he could endure 15 seconds of the interrogation technique ....

it didn't turn out like he thought... 15 seconds would have been a dream...

content1.clipmarks.com...
external link.. wasn't sure if i could embed-- without causing undue stress of our fearless MODS..
so if we can embed this one.... please do..

watch this and then lets chat.. I'm here All morning....LOL wife is out hahhahhahhahhahhahhah
edit on 5/11/11 by darrman because: spellinglish

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by darrman

**** OP he didnt look like he enjoyed that & he jumped up pretty quickly, will have to watch when i get home with sound !

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Vanishr

kool,, yeah sound really helps--

the Army gentleman ,, TELLS the reporter Everything to expect.. what happens and WHY..

and still the mind takes over and causes panic..... Really trippy...

i can hold my breath for over 2 min under water..... and i still think i would fall victim to THIS kind of .. of..... uhh Extraction...?!?!??!

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by darrman

"I started doing yoga, earlier this yea.."That won't help you here!"

I think I'll take his word for it. Not much of a desire in me, to try it out.

edit on 5/11/11 by BrokenCircles because: grrr. color/size errors

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Khalid Sheikh Mohammed allegedly lasted 2 minutes.

He's a piece of crap, but you've got to respect that effort (if it's true).

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147

before..(?????)

What happened after 2 minutes?

ETA- Is a serious question. Thank you for the smartazz answer.
edit on 5/11/11 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Same thing happened with Mancow, who thought he would silence critics of waterboarding by showing that it wasn't so bad - guy couldn't take more than a few seconds of it before crying for mommy
he changed his tune quick enough and now states it is indeed torture.

Mancow Waterboarded (VIDEO): Conservative Radio Host Say It's Torture

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles

before..(?????)

What happened after 2 minutes?

He started singing like a bird I guess.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

He revealed the location of OBL, haha yeah right.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Vanishr

i realize that TORTURE,, is not a toy...

but i still would volunteer to try it.. you know.. if it was all set up.. and i knew i wasn't going to DIE

just to see..

HE!! i Tazed myself just to see what THAT, was like ...

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by darrman

Wow dude i just watched it with sound, thats crazy, i cant imagine how bad that must be for you if the guy doing it doesnt care about your well being !! and its not in a controlled situation.

As bad as it looks i think i'd have to agree with you OP, i would like to try it cause you can never just imagine whats its like without doing it. I find it hard to believe someone lasted 2minutes of that, surely you would drown !? as you can see there he is holding his breath for the first few seconds and then he panics, it literally simulates drowning ! Horrible yet amazing at the same time.

I'd like to see some of these people who condone it to undergo it firsthand and then see how they feel, you cannot submit someone to something like that without truly knowing how it feels, that would be far too hypocritical in my eyes.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
All I gotta say is thank god they came up with it to get information!!!

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
this is how it is done www.youtube.com... do not ask how i know, just do. it starts at .56 it is the only one i cold find that comes close to the real deal. ask your self this, how long can you keep from breathing. and then the GI jane www.youtube.com... now which is the real deal.
edit on 11-5-2011 by bekod because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

Whys that ? maybe they should use it to get 'information' from you, then see if you say that

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Vanishr

you now i use to think like you but if it saves lives then by all means use it, if you get busted doing it then suffer the repercussions of it, but one that does must not be discovered nor found.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
There is interrogation and then there is torture. The fact that waterbording has been described as "enhanced interrogation" say it all. If it's just interrogation, then why is the descriptor "enhanced" necessary? I believe that the word "enhanced" was used to muddy the waters and intentionally create a gray area between what is interrogation and what is torture.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

He's a piece of crap, but you've got to respect that effort (if it's true).

Which time did he last for 2 minutes?

According to some reports Khalid Sheikh Mohammed was waterboarded 183 times in one month. Of course FOX News says that number was misrepresented and that it was not 183 separate incidents of waterboarding, instead it was 183 pours of water.

In any event, I do not think it matters. Facts generally speak for themselves. This reporter from Playboy lasted by my count 10 seconds. I began counting from the time the cloth was placed over his face. Now he is nto the only reporter or media type person to willingly subject themselves to waterboarding in the quest to answer the one question we do not seem to be able to answer yet. Is Waterboarding really torture? Let's take a peek at some others....

This is Christopher Hitchens from Vanity Fair Magazine.... now take notice of HOW the water is poured. This is vastly different from the way it was poured onto the Playboy reporter. However, the result is the same.

Here is the Mancow demonstration.

Steve Harrigan FOX News

Oliver Harvey from The Sun

Florida News Demonstration

Now what I think has to be mentioned is the level of distress felt by these participants prior to the actual Waterboarding. There is no distress. These are not Prisoners who are locked down. These are not Prisoners who have no idea what is around the corner from the hallway they are being lead down. These participants are not surrounded by hostile people. They are told exactly what is being done and how it is being done. The circumstances surrounding their demonstration is not stressful and these participants KNOW they can make it stop at any time THEY choose to. These are free everyday people, who willingly volunteered and they could not take it for longer than a few pours or a few seconds.

Now imagine being a Prisoner. With no choice, no answers, and having no idea what is happening until it has happened, and you can not make it stop. You are completely at the mercy of the people who are using this technique on you. You can only stop when THEY decide. The level of stress is not even comparable.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by bekod
this is how it is done www.youtube.com... do not ask how i know, just do. it starts at .56 it is the only one i cold find that comes close to the real deal. ask your self this, how long can you keep from breathing. and then the GI jane www.youtube.com... now which is the real deal.
edit on 11-5-2011 by bekod because: (no reason given)

Acctually, real waterboarding is done with a cloth over the face, i know this because i have been in the military, just pouring water over ones face without a cloth is not as effective.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
This is horrible! I've only ever heard about it, I never actually looked it up to see what it entailed. How is this NOT torture?! "Because there is no blood?" ?! WTH?

Torture, according to the United Nations Convention Against Torture (an advisory measure of the UN General Assembly) is:

...any act by which severe pain or suffering, whether physical or mental, is intentionally inflicted on a person for such purposes as obtaining from him, or a third person, information or a confession

-From Wikipedia

I'd say there is suffering, both mentally and physically, in this situation.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join