It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Banks trying to buy the legal system for $5 billion

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+43 more 
posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
And I bet all that money comes from bailouts.

Remember how the banks sold the notes proving they own the mortgages? They have lost most of them, they don't have proof they own the mortgages. And of course they are being sued for fraud because they don't own the mortgages so the houses are the property of their owners, not the bank's property anymore...so they don't get to foreclose if people don't pay their mortgage... since they have no proof they own the houses.

But now the banks want a ``deal`` that will disregard all that fraud and make all fraudulent mortgages they own legal.

Banks Offer $5 Billion to Resolve Foreclosures Probe

Bank of America Corp. (BAC) and JPMorgan Chase & Co. (JPM), along with three other U.S. mortgage servicers, proposed paying $5 billion to settle a probe of their foreclosure practices by state and federal officials, two people familiar with the matter said.

But not only that...

They must also reach an agreement on the claims state officials and federal regulators will surrender as part of any settlement. Banks are less likely to sign off on any deal that doesn't provide a broad release of claims from state attorneys general in the most populous states.

They want to be made IMMUNE forever for their fraud...

I bet they'll get away with this.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
This is just sickening. I'm at a loss for words.

Thread Bump.
edit on 11-5-2011 by prolific because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
And the insanity continues.

If the money didn't come from the bailouts, I bet they got it from the short-selling of silver and the manips going on in that market right now.

+12 more 
posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
This is where those most aware of the nature of the supranational banking cartel and the US government will see the irredeemable conspirators orchestrate affairs so aside from those least capable of withstanding loss, no one loses.

There will be "no admissions of guilt,' no revocation of corporate charters, no imposed regulatory oversight by publicly elected officials, no 'precedent' set and in the end, the banks and the government officials who directly benefited from the actions they took will continue to be 'above and beyond' the law meant to protect citizens from institutionalized abuse.

Meanwhile, those same 'lesser' citizens will fall under the increased burden of "credit score" manipulation, IRS-confabulated tax schemes, and mandated increased expenses for collectivist benefits which will evaporate before you can access them, (while providing robust revenue flow for the same financial institutions whom the law directs us to engage.) The corporate government will then create onerous and unreasonable hoops though which those most in need and least capable must jump to get the help we are told is available to everyone... the neediest all the while cast as 'burdens' on our society who should be ashamed of their 'sense of entitlement.'

The banks... now they are unquestionably 'entitled' .... the people, not so much.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
When will someone finally get the balls to put these banks down like the rabid dog that they are. People need to lose their jobs, foreclose on the banks themselves and people go to jail, forever.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
so they make trillions off of scams, they get billions in bail outs because of these scams, and now will pay a few billion to cover up their crimes. Anyone who banks with these people needs to have a "bail out" of their own.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

They wont succeed. This is the dawning of a new age, the pathetic evil cowards will be weeded out, they wont win.. People are waking up, they dont want to perpetuate this nonsense anymore, they see futility in it.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia
so they make trillions off of scams, they get billions in bail outs because of these scams, and now will pay a few billion to cover up their crimes.

Yep.

Anyone who banks with these people needs to have a "bail out" of their own.

Anyone who still banks with any of those traitors are part of the problem.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
It's amazing how far this corruption goes. Honestly how can this be sustained much longer? There has to be a release somewhere.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by moomoo750
It's amazing how far this corruption goes. Honestly how can this be sustained much longer? There has to be a release somewhere.

Corruption is quite crazy. America is not at Soviet levels of corruption YET... but it's almost there.

Bank of America (BAC) CEO: Company working through mortgage problems

And by working through mortgage problems, he means BUYING OUT THE LEGAL SYSTEM...

+9 more 
posted on May, 11 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

In anyones language this is quite simply a BRIBE...

The banks in question should be charged for merely suggesting it..

I know if I did the same thing I'd be in jail before lunch time...

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by prolific
This is just sickening. I'm at a loss for words.

Thread Bump.
edit on 11-5-2011 by prolific because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   

As far as I am concerned, they already run the system.

A little behind on the conspiracy stuff huh?

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
This has to be some sort of tragic, sick, twisted joke if they get away with this. Aren't they basically bribing the government to look the other way while the defraud home owners?

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
It looks like fed and state officials are suggesting the payoff be used to write down mortgages. The banks don't want that to happen because they say homeowners will default on their mortgages just to get a write-down. I find it odd that they would say that considering most lenders refuse to assist borrowers until they default on their loans. I've heard people say they have HAD to default in order to get relief.

That is the banks own policy and they are using it as a reason to not help homeowners? Seems awfully backwards.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by liejunkie01

As far as I am concerned, they already run the system.

A little behind on the conspiracy stuff huh?

Not behind, just showing how they are doing their BS in front of everybody and nothing is done against them.

I'm really surprised no one yet went postal in a few banks who robbed taxpayers of trillion of $... Or just assassinated a few top bankers. I mean it's not THAT HARD to find them if you look hard enough.

Anyway I don't worry much about payback because once the US economy totally collapses, we'll see payback. During Weirmar hyperinflation, 400+ politicians were assassinated. You can bet it'll be worse in the US if this scenario plays out.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Is it just safe to say that we are basically awaiting a global nightmare?

No one in a high level position would ever admit guilt. Why? Because the best lawyers in the world could get any person or corporation off due to the fact the lawyers have their own language and the better you are the better your chances of getting off due to a loop-hole.

If one was to leave a loose string all it would take would be someone to pull that string and everything would come crashing down.

Can you imagine someone in elementary school trying to explain something as complex as quantum physics and trying to win against a physicist?

The language of lawyers is built so that the same guilty can overcome any accusations.

When will the people ignore all the loopholes that exist for the elite and just park morality in their face and make it stick.

I admitting will say that I do not have MUCH knowledge (in Law) and hope that someone with such knowledge will take this to the level that it deserves. Get em in court .... and if THAT doesn't work we, as a people, should choose the other road (and I hope that my meaning is inferred).

Peace and Respect,

AS
edit on 11-5-2011 by AeonStorm because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-5-2011 by AeonStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by AeonStorm

That is why cases are usually settled out of court. I believe that whenever a person is involved in anything that warrants a morality check, is to not settle out of court, especially if it is a certain win for the victim. This is also how we as citizens can start working together and making things happen, if our votes do not matter any more then use our power as jurors.

Take these cases to court and let the jury decide the outcome, and quit being persuaded by insurance companies and lawyers that settling or pleading guilty is the best option. If juries start overriding laws in the court room, they will eventually become unenforceable. Imagine what it would be like if people busted with small quantities of marijuana started letting their cases go to court and being heard by a jury instead of pleading guilty to a gram, then the jury acquitting the person.

We have tools within our grasp, we just need to use them correctly, just like The Constitution says.

If we cannot reach the people at the top that are untouchable, then we start removing their supporting infrastructure right out from under them, then we will catch them when they start falling.

edit on 11-5-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
The sad part is that shyster lawyers will always take shyster bankers' money to make legal problems go away, especially when it's a LOT of the shyster bankers' money.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skewed
reply to post by AeonStorm

That is why cases are usually settled out of court. I believe that whenever a person is involved in anything that warrants a morality check, is to not settle out of court, especially if it is a certain win for the victim. This is also how we as citizens can start working together and making things happen, if our votes do not matter any more then use our power as jurors.

Take these cases to court and let the jury decide the outcome, and quit being persuaded by insurance companies and lawyers that settling or pleading guilty is the best option. If juries start overriding laws in the court room, they will eventually become unenforceable. Imagine what it would be like if people busted with small quantities of marijuana started letting their cases go to court and being heard by a jury instead of pleading guilty to a gram, then the jury acquitting the person.

We have tools within our grasp, we just need to use them correctly, just like The Constitution says.

If we cannot reach the people at the top that are untouchable, then we start removing their supporting infrastructure right out from under them, then we will catch them when they start falling.
edit on 11-5-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

All I had to read was your first sentence to realize that you are for the laws that are in place for the elite.

If you do not believe that this is the case and believe that the law is the same for everybody then WHY can the rich get off when the common person cannot? The RICHER you are the more easily it is for the rich to get off on whatever charge they have been charged with.

Respect,

AS
edit on 12-5-2011 by AeonStorm because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join