It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Banks trying to buy the legal system for $5 billion

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by AeonStorm

My apologies for my original post, I could have done a better job at explaining my opinion, I may have put it in the wrong context.

I do think that in a lot of cases, maybe not multinational, but locally. We have to get our own house cleaned up before we can even attempt to clean the neighborhood. But still, if jurors would start finding people not guilty for BS laws by totally negating them. Basically, the way I am thinking is that; Yes, the individual may technically be guilty according to the law, but it is bogus and unfair to begin with, in essence the jury would be ignoring what the law says.

The problem would be for the jury would be making the distinction as to who and when to negate the law. My thinking is for the jurors to tend to lean towards their neighbors and against the corporations and/or government itself, who lobbied to have laws made in favor of the company and nothing for the consumers.

Going back to my possibly poor example. I know if I was a juror and if by chance had to sit in on a jury for someone being accused of having a couple grams of weed and was an otherwise law abiding citizen, I would find the individual not guilty, and would even create a hung jury. Why would I do this? Because it is a BS law and it is not for anyone else to say the person cannot use weed. I think this would work over time, it would not solve the issues, but I think it would certainly begin to limit the powers of TPTB. If TPTB pass a law that we do not agree with, if that is the case, then we should never find a person guilty for that law, and would by default make the law ineffective.

edit on 12-5-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I have a great idea.........

Let's put all our money in a building, let's call it a ''bank'

and lets put all the bankers in another building, let's call that one a ''prison''...... easy !!

PDUK

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Couple of things here. My husband, the sole breadwinner in our home, just was "un-contracted" as a software engineer. His gig "expired" with no notice. Now we have no income. None. Even the corporate placement agency has cut him off.

I bought my (our) home 12 years ago, and had to refinance it 6 years ago due to a divorce. The people who got me the loan were marvelous. Then they SOLD THE NOTE to Chase.

Now, I hate Jamie Dimon. He is an evil, demonic, corrupt, racketeering monster thug. He is not worthy of breathing fresh air. And the reason for that is nothing to do with my mortgage, but ...

I had no say in who "bought" my mortgage.

Yesterday I was becoming more anxious about keeping up with my payments - not one of which I have EVER missed - because in today's economy we may simple NOT be able to find work and continue making payments. So I did a search for "what happens if you refused to leave when evicted on foreclosure".

Turns out that yes, squatting is an option. There is a Rep on capitol hill who tells people: STAY IN YOUR HOME.
You have a right to legal assistance. Possession is 9/10ths of the law.

In my neighborhood one can walk a mile in any direction and come across at least 5 unoccupied homes, many of which have been foreclosed, one or two abandoned, even a couple gutted by fire. I started wondering:

"What if you refuse to leave?" A trespassing charge? Arrested? Well, at least then you will have a roof over your head and meals. Maybe not with your stuff all around you, but you'll be housed. Is that okay? It is, I guess, if the alternative is to move to the nearest underpass and scrounge for garbage.

If everyone who has suffered "fraudclosure" refused to go, what, honestly, could the banks do? There isn't enough jail space for everyone. Recently a minister whose church was being foreclosed refused to leave, and he was arrested.

Some people in Chicago did the same thing - refused to go. So, how can the government allow these monsters to continue displacing them, and leaving empty their former "homes", which they may very well have bought with the BEST of intentions to pay it off, and worked hard to peck away at it - BUT NOW CAN'T pay because of what the banks have done?

How is that okay?
So - in case anyone here is wondering what they'll do when the sheriff comes, take that woman's advice. DON'T LEAVE. Stay, get a lawyer, and fight. It's your right. If everyone collectively simply stops doing the banks' bidding, they would not have any more power.

As far as "fighting wrong with wrong", I don't think that applies under the circumstances. Survival vs homeless despair? I choose fighting back.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Contact your local sherrif, if you are lucky enough to have one. Seriously, there are sherrifs that have gone on record stating they will not evict people from their homes anymore until this crap is cleared up. Maybe your sherrif falls in with this mentality.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
In the UK we have cooperative banks (CO-OP) they are quite big with a branch in most towns, If we all used this system then we would own the banks for ourselves!

I'm not sure if all country's have this option (Do they?) but it seems sensible, all the profits get split between all the customers at the end of the year and you can vote for CEO's etc.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Very important topic, S and F.

Years ago, I actually worked for a BofA entity, and got to see how things worked. They're absolutely criminal! It is fraud, upon fraud, upon fraud.

BofA started as the Bank of Italy, and it's no wonder the mafia runs it. It still does, don't doubt it for a minute. BofA is organized crime, working hand-in-glove with the intelligence agency based "shadow" government.

BofA is in the middle of the drug trade, money laundering, student loan fraud, and lately, mortgage fraud like nothing ever before seen.

For those who imagine the homeowner who got behind on payments is the problem, think again. This is what was designed to happen. Look at the big picture. People were allowed to buy houses everyone knew they couldn't afford. Further, the entire real estate market was inflated to bubble proportions, so that EVEN IF the people could "afford" that home, they were already paying way too much, based on the fraudulently inflated system, perpetrated by banksters, et al.

And then, there is probably an even bigger picture here. Because global banking is now integrated into global intelligence, it stands to reason that there are perhaps "agendas" behind much of what we see, that go beyond mere greed. Yes, they get to make trillions, but in the process, "what if" the plan was to disenfranchise much of the proletariat?

Yeah. And it's all happened before, around the world, various times and places. The banks set us up, screw us, and then walze in to pick up the pieces, and the so-called "legal" system, along with the political, is always there to aid and abet their frauds.

Just look at the Great Depression. Wall Street goes crazy, bubble created, little guys get sucked in, then the rug is pulled out. But the Big Guys got tipped off beforehand (like the Kennedys, for example). They get out before the house of cards falls.

What's left in the chaos are people who can't keep what they had, and property is foreclosed on, and banks not only got payments, but then the property too. The Great Depression is the time when the USA went from a nation where most of the acreage in private hands still belonged to productive farmers, to a nation that had allowed the banksters to confiscate those farms at 10 cents on the dollar, taking over 90% of that land into what would later become mega-agri corporations that are a source of many problems today.

This is serious stuff, no matter how many angles you choose to look at it from, and if something isn't finally done to stop these beasts, some years from now they will not just get to create money, and crash economies at will, but they will have all the land, and will control all means of production...They're not going to stop until they control it ALL.

JR

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I would love to walk into the head of Bullcrap of America and beat the CEO within an inch of his life. Then head over to wall street and castrate all the people "working..aka stealing"

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Umm... correct me if I'm wrong, but that's blatant bribery if I've ever seen it.

So basically, I can start my own shady, illegal operation, and once someone starts investigating my practices, I can just buy them off.... right?

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Thanks for the link - will check it out

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Yes, I've read those reports. Sheriff refused. GOOD ON HIM!

And regarding the poster who mentioned cooperative banks, yes, we have those here as well.
Called credit unions....

LOVE the idea of putting all our money in one place and calling it a "bank" and then putting all the bankers in another and calling it a "prison". LOL! Love it!!

I have thought also that everyone at the Fed should be welded inside - doors chained or bricked up, just turn it into a prison. Let them rot. And carry on with our business without them.

Ack. It's SO disheartening.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by prolific

Reason why Currency should be abolished were not intended to live in this material world where printed money has more value then morels. That money is sock change for those guilty , they should all be publicly executed for there distrustful ways manipulating the people . Causing more harm then good showcasing a poor example of authority yet again only spreads the hate towards government even more if this is resolved under the table. Americans need to rise up and take action if this case does not make the courts and the people in questioned arnt punished , how can they remain civil to those that have to commit crimes just to survive who steal far less then what we have in this case and yet they will uphold this LAW for $$$$side and turn a blind eye for the less fortunate side. NO MORE!
edit on 12-5-2011 by skinnyBIGGS because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by oaf21

Yea. According to the law book, this is bribery. In this case, even proposing to pay for the favor, is a crime, punishable by law. And if officials even think of exepting the bribe, the are punishable by law also. In short, our society isbeing turned into a criminal kabal were might is right.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by skibtz

Were US banks breaking the law by selling on the mortgages?

By selling the mortgages? No. The way they were selling them? Absolutely.

Another fraud the banks have been doing for almost a decade now is this :

They knowingly gave variable rate mortgages of insane amounts to people they knew couldn't pay it up. So the bank act all normal... and gives a 400.000$ mortgage to some guy earning minimum salary... the guy can afford payments for 1-2 years. And then when inevitably the rates go up, either by his own making if he misses a payment or because of market forces, the guy can't pay it's mortgage anymore because the monthly payment rate increases 15-20-30% overnight.

The guy obviously can't pay up. The bank then forecloses... and ``wins`` the house... and can pull this scam again.... and again... and again... and again...

So every time...

- Bank gets money from the loan interest
- Bank gets high interest on the loan
- If bank doesn't get paid high interest rate on the loan, they get the house

At no point in time the bank lost money.

And another scam the banks are doing with the FED...

- FED loans money to banks at 0% interest
- Banks buy treasury notes at higher than 0% interest
- Profit with no risk.

And people wonder how can the big banks have less than 5 days of trading loss in the last 3 years.

edit on 12-5-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by oaf21

You can if you grow big enough and become something of an economical pillar. Bribes will be called permits and everyone will be satisfied...

Duh! Wanted to add that this is ridiculous. They are not even ashamed to do it openly, which is saying of how bad things are now...
edit on 12-5-2011 by NowanKenubi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
That's an admission of guilt right there!

They're getting desperate!

There's a lot of things that seem timed for some reason.A lot of things are happening so fast lately

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

I found this video after doing a quick google search - I think it pretty much speaks for itself.
You are not your ******* khakis.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
[color=#FF0000]The government should have given the bail out money to the people to pay off their mortgages instead of giving it to the banks directly. [color=#FFFFFF]Had that been done. The people would still be in their houses and the banks still would have gotten their money. [color=#3366FF]We the people are screwed twice. Once by the government and once by the banks.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by skibtz
It seems that some people are prepared to resort to dishonesty to avoid paying a mortgage that they agreed to.

If I was a bank my point would be that for x number of years you have been paying us money. Why did you do that if you do not have an agreement in place?

Don't get me wrong, the banks are a'holes. But we don't need to sink to their level.

Surely, if you agreed to a mortgage on a property then you should pay it?

It's the 'I can do it and get away with it even though it's wrong" attitude that created this mess in the first place.

Do you honestly think if the banks could get you to pay twice as much for your house by manipulating say... the interest rates ,they wouldn't rob you bling for every penny they could get out of you? Do you think they wouldn't steal all of your equity in said house by raising your interest rates so high you couldn't possibly make the payments and so it wouldn't even be worth the price of the home you're buying by the time it was paid off? I think we all know who the thieves are in this situation. I say they deserve whatever losses they have coming and more.
P.S. these mortgage holders pay taxes and all got strong-arm robbed by the bailout. Give them back their houses and figure out your next scam banksters!

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

We got screwed 3 times... By ourselves for dealing with and putting up with this insanity!

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Why is this happening? Why don't the American people take a stand? Why do you all just sit back and let this happen?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join