It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possibility of Terrorist Attack

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 01:41 PM
link   
What do you think the possibility of a terrorist attack during Campaign 2004 is?

What about the actual election?

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I'm unsure whether this forum is actually *open* yet.

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Here's the alert system I use -

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 01:58 PM
link   

What do you think the possibility of a terrorist attack during Campaign 2004 is?

Most likely there will be some kind of attack on or before the election. I would say this is almost a certainty, look at what went down in Spain a few months back.
As to what may be attacked, it will most likely be against a civilian (soft) target so or a finacial institution as this will get them the largest world-wide news coverage which is one of the things that the terrorists crave. It will continue to give them more of thier "5 minutes" in the limelight.
Just my thoughts / beliefs on this.

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I would be very surprised if there wasn't at least an attempted attack between now and election day.

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 07:09 PM
link   
You know damn sure that the back room buddies are planning their next 'event' and for their plans to continue unabated, it must occur prior to the November election.

My best bet is that it will come soon (on or about September 11, 2005) and will most likely have the stereotypical hallmarks of a poorly orchestrated Al queda (read NWO) operation. Sure people will die, property will be destroyed but the underlying jist of what they will attempt to accomplish will be all too familiar. But will the corporately controlled media spend anytime whatsoever disecting the act or will they pull up a timely distraction - perhaps Michael Jackson will turn out to be Liz Taylor's illegitimate son!!!

As for the 'terrorist attack', it will most likely be followed with ineptly made videos, press releases, video confessions, intelligence data, the works. All to trick the mainstream citizenry into believing that it is all legit and that there are bad people who hate the US and want to destroy it. But really......do you honestly think this can all take place without the FBI, CIA, NSA and other alphabet organizations not having a clue?

What is more perplexing is why have the good people of the USA contributed billions of dollars to the Office of Homeland Security only to have it fail again and yet....hello....another terrorist attack?? Does this not seem extraordinary and more so, completely unacceptable? This however, conveniently can only mean one thing - more big brother tactics, more police and authoritarian control, more surveillance, more legislation, more horsesh**!

I'm not talking Al queda per se, but those who stand to benefit from a perceived terrorist group by the name of Al queda......the one world government globalist elites.

As Thomas Jefferson once said:

"Single acts of tyranny may be ascribed to the accidental opinion of a day; but a series of oppressions, begun at a distinguished period, and pursued unalterably through every change in ministers, too plainly prove a deliberate systematical plan of reducing us to slavery."

Wake up America!
Slavery is again active in America only this time, each and every citizen is a sorry particpant.

You are being duped into believing the crap that they want you to believe.
They tell you something long enough and you eventually start to believe it, without question.

Yellow alert, orange alert, red alert.....AAAAAGGGGGHHHHH!
Please US government, save us from the evil doers!

Piss off to those Nazi bastards.
This is one cat that isn't buying it!
We can either take it in the rear or we can stand and defend our rightful freedoms.

This world belongs to us, not them!

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Zero to no chance of attack before 11/2/04. Any attack would spell the end of the Bush administration. All confidence in the War on Terrorism, as shakey as it already is, would be lost and Bush would be kicked out of office. Extra dilligence on the part of the U.S. to stop it? Faked attack? I dunno, but there won't be one until after the elections. The day after you vote, you better stay away from federal buildings. Not only will defense slack up afterwards, but who knows what secret plot would be in store to shake the public up once again.

[edit on 1-8-2004 by heelstone]

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I think we will see a couple of narrowly averted attacks that Homeland Security can take credit for.

I haven't decided if the terror groups would think an attack before the election would benefit them or not. I think an attack would guarantee Bush's re-election, as the undecided would be afraid of changing leadership in a time of crisis.

Bin Laden et all probably thinks an attack would turn the voters aweay from Bush.

Rob-Posting babble while under the influence of a root canal and Vicodin.

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I still think the Golden Gate Bridge is on the top of the list. I really hope the security for it is better than what meets the eye.

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Terrorist attack can happen anytime, but what I don't get is why do one during the elections? During that time it will be to high profile to do that, I believe that their success during the tragedy of the 9/11 was because not body was expecting something like that to happen.

It will probably be another attempt in US soil but it will be when everybody have their heads looking the other way.

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Their alerts mean nothing anymore, and thats a problem. Theyve overused them so much, now today they raised the level for NY city, and Washington D.C.
only, is it like a weather forecast now? Next to the Weather Channel they should have the Terror Channel, 24 hour terror forecasts....slight chance of car bombings in the midwest....with scattered highjackings in the east a possibility. I wouldnt be suprised if the terrorists plan is to misguide them with bad intel, and attack Seattle. People should be on alert at all times all places, but the governments levels are BS scaremongering.

top topics

join