It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Members Shoot Out via ATS Live

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
What my humble suggestion is that perhaps ats may allocate online time with the obvious approval of staff and the ability that moderators are able to be online to allow members willing or should i say, do a shout out upon invitation that they provoke a cerebral conflict.

This is not for the light weights, this should have requirements of at least some form of statistical analysis based on online perception approval. Many active users are aware of who is able to conduct an analysis or re-enforce an opinion.

If accepted, both ats members must approve the topic without any further reply's and rely upon the listeners to voice their opinion upon completion of the live broadcast based upon a vote system.

* This is not for the light heated members, but everyone is more than invited, simply saying, provoke your cerebral thinking, do not stay idle.

Then again..we are who we are, when we are, for what ever we are.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by tristar

Well this is an interesting proposition.
I'd like to hear more members responses...

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Intentional errors are from my entertainment only.
edit on 10-5-2011 by tristar because: edit : from , for , purely my twisted way of having fun

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by tristar

Well this is an interesting proposition.
I'd like to hear more members responses...

Slayer..

The numbers are single figure digits.
edit on 10-5-2011 by tristar because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I smell fear....

Perhaps the availability to interact with hard core ats members has not been made obvious, then again, unless one posts or replies its more or less an assumption that we have cerebral active users here.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I IS CAN BE ON RADIOOOOO

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by tristar
I smell fear....

Nah, you smell apathy, mixed with coffee, dirty socks and complete, utter confusion.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I don't think your seeing apathy. I think you used 100 words when a few will do.

What you are suggesting is a live radio debate between two members.

It may be possible. I'd like to hear more opinions on it.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by neformore

Just do it.

What have you to lose?

A good, passionate vocal debate LIVE?

A debate without the ability to copy and paste, use search engines, and other content will easily separate the fool from the genius!

Would also be very entertaining and perhaps enlightening for the listeners... A regularly scheduled affair, where members who have shown they can have heated, but civil debate on the forums can be invited to a LIVE broadcast radio debate, with either YOU or Semper as a debate moderator, and on a variety of ATS topics.

YOU find the debaters, invite them, and/or open invite to members who want to volunteer.

Great radio is the end result... so what are you waiting for?

New Show:

ATS Live Debates
edit on 11-5-2011 by Fractured.Facade because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Its not that simple.

Getting this kind of thing off the ground is not as easy as saying "just do it".

The idea has merit, but there needs to be rules, and the format needs to be clearly set.

Not only that, but despite our best efforts people are reluctant to call us on the live shows. I imagine getting participants to do this would not be easy.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Every week....we ask over and over and over for callers. We cannot force members to call in, but we most certainly have been encouraging it....a lot. Yet, hardly anyone steps up, minus the few regular callers (thank you)

**sorry Nef...didnt see you responded with the same info*

edit on May 11th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by neformore

Not only that, but despite our best efforts people are reluctant to call us on the live shows. I imagine getting participants to do this would not be easy.

That would change a bit, I assure you, if you catch members in a debate on the forums, and invite them to a debate on the show.

You have trouble with getting callers because of the technology and interface you use, that would most likely change if you could give a simple 10 digit number that people can call, or 12 digit number? for international callers. (as an alternative to Skype)

The rules should be structured in a very similar manner to what you already have had in the ATS debate forums.. and of course, the T&C.

The host/debate moderators on air will do a simple task, posing relevant questions, and timed answers required from the debaters.... It is ultimately up to your listeners as to who won or lost the debate.

Just some thoughts, if you give into the possible complexities involved in doing this, then you will likely never do it, or do it wrong.

It is relatively straight forward, and simple.

And if done right, would absolutely be a smash hit.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Skype is the simplest VOIP platform there is, and its free. Thats why we chose it - its not difficult to use at all.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Skype is the simplest VOIP platform there is, and its free. Thats why we chose it - its not difficult to use at all.

I know that, most of us do, but the broader potential for callers are reluctant to use it, and may not even have the required equipment to use it... I amended my post to include (as an alternative to Skype)

Having a phone number as an alternative would no doubt be productive in this cause.

Edit: ATS or The Above Network, LLC surely could spare some change to compensate for this minor addition no?

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Apologize for the delay in getting back, its been a busy busy week for me. So about this suggestion, given that rules of some sort would need to be brought up and agreed as to make the listening and participation that extra bit worth ones time to listen in.

Obviously the theme and topics are the least of concern as there are literally thousands of topics that could be used. I simply hope this hasn't been buried for lack of participation.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Its not that simple.

Getting this kind of thing off the ground is not as easy as saying "just do it".

The idea has merit, but there needs to be rules, and the format needs to be clearly set.

All it takes is one person or persons and in due time, with the right approach, you would have your hands full. I and as many others have seen threads with insane amounts of pages after pages, threads that would do wonders on live radio/skype. As for the points you mentioned, i totally agree as guides need to be set out as to make it as fair as possible. Possibly allocating a question and allowing a 3-4 minute reply per side. I am simply thinking aloud here, no harm intended.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Well, I'm considering it

I'll let the world know in due course

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Well, I'm considering it

I'll let the world know in due course

Excellent,

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

I have been trying to get my sype to work and well its a long story but untill I get this taken care of I cant use my skype im working on it tho .. Id call in im not chicken JK ..

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Great Idea the Coast to coast has that system its a 800 number and those are simple to get um I think

<<   2 >>

join