It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Study estimates that illegal immigrants paid $11.2B in taxes last year, unlike GE, which paid zero

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lynda101
reply to post by zookey

I know how easily giant corporations get away without paying tax in both the USA and the UK. What I don't understand is how an illegal immigrant pays tax. Surely if you are illegal, you don't have a tax or revenue number, so tax can't be alloted to your input? I can't see some guy employing illegals paying tax on their work, I can see him pocketing their tax however.

The government takes the money and looks the other way. Just allocate them a number.

You think they are going to refuse over 11 billion dollars in taxes? Government employees maybe stupid but the ones that make the decisions are not stupid.

edit on 11-5-2011 by zookey because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Lynda101

Did you read the article? These illegals paid property taxes, sales taxes, and income taxes...2 of those one does not require a social security number or Tax Payer I.D. Number. Paying income taxes can be done so in one of two ways; usage of a Tax Payer I.D. Number which anyone can acquire but does not allow legal employment and is just for tax filing purposes or in even helps an illegal start a small business partnership with a citizen or legal resident that has an SSN. Even if they were using a fake social or someone else's the money is still being taken in by the government with every paycheck...It's honestly not that hard to see how they pay into the system honestly if you know how they do it.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Daedalus24

Its a bit different in the UK, opening a bank account or any form of financial dealing - setting up businesses you are asked to many questions in case you are laundering money, its a misery.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
The crown holds a lot of stock in GE. Cant have the worlds richest among which the queen, pay taxes, can you?

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Daedalus24

I'm in Miami. At one point in time my family had a small check cashing place. One of the services we offered was western union.

A large number of Argentinians and other central and south americans would send back money to their families on a weekly basis.

I can only imagine this being repeated all over the usa. And all those other countries were there are immigrants go looking for work.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cassius666
The crown holds a lot of stock in GE. Cant have the worlds richest among which the queen, pay taxes, can you?

She does pay her taxes, she is just very "tax efficient" about it.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join